Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Was thinking about driving down to Glastonbury Tor on Sunday and wandering the festival site, is that allowed at the moment? I know posters on here have they they have done it before.

the advice is currently to stay off the land the site has several signs saying that .... you get a decent view from the Skatepark in pilton though. The Tor and area is very open to visitors apart from that  ....

1 hour ago, NinjaaaaaDuck said:

It’s oh so cool to jump on the Coldplay are shit bandwagon isn’t it?  They may not be to your liking or fit in with the music snobbery that is very obvious with many efest members, but that does not mean they are shit.

Have to say I think they are great - love their music, they put on an amazing live show and seem to be all round good guys.  But then that’s not a cool point of view is it?

the whole "not liking coldplay is for snobs, guess what, I like them!" thing took over the "coldplay are shit" thing years ago. I dream of a time snobbery is cool again. We really need to team up on those "well their first album has merits" guys if anything, pick a lane losers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

the whole "not liking coldplay is for snobs, guess what, I like them!" thing took over the "coldplay are shit" thing years ago. I dream of a time snobbery is cool again. We really need to team up on those "well their first album has merits" guys if anything, pick a lane losers.

I liked them before they were famous.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Coldplay albums ranked.

1. The second one

2. The fourth one

3. The first one

4. The third one

5. The half shit half good one

6. The shit one

7. The really, really shit one

8. The last one, I guess, no-one has actually listened to it

9. Pablo Honey 

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the advice is currently to stay off the land the site has several signs saying that .... you get a decent view from the Skatepark in pilton though. The Tor and area is very open to visitors apart from that  ....

Thanks for clarifying, so if this just based on whether you are caught or not? 

16 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Thanks for clarifying, so if this just based on whether you are caught or not? 

no it is based on people having the common decency to comply with the simple request from the farm (on ten foot high signs) not to visit and to put the staff at risk of covid brought in by inconsiderate tossers.

and there are a lot of fences up, sheep out and general farm things going on.  People should stay away until the farm is happy to let them back in.  They don't do it for fun...

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

no it is based on people having the common decency to comply with the simple request from the farm (on ten foot high signs) not to visit and to put the staff at risk of covid brought in by inconsiderate tossers.

and there are a lot of fences up, sheep out and general farm things going on.  People should stay away until the farm is happy to let them back in.  They don't do it for fun...

That's totally fair and I don't intend on breaking the rules and am happy to respect them.

55 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

No you're still not allowed on the site sadly. As far as I'm aware, someone local will confirm... @deebeedoobee

You are correct vintage. It’s a no go at the moment. There are also fences up around most of the perimeter for the sheep’s safety more than anything I think. 

best view would be from theTor. Glastonbury town is open.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So wait, is it cooler to like Coldplay or not like them?

I've always been on the fence when it comes to them, does that make me the coolest?

I like em.

The wristband thing was a bloody cool idea as well.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

But the other 96 % all watch Eurovision don’t they ? 😀

Haha, well viewing figures are 6-7 million so we can say twice as many people will be watching that as will be going out!

2 hours ago, NinjaaaaaDuck said:

It’s oh so cool to jump on the Coldplay are shit bandwagon isn’t it?  They may not be to your liking or fit in with the music snobbery that is very obvious with many efest members, but that does not mean they are shit.

Have to say I think they are great - love their music, they put on an amazing live show and seem to be all round good guys.  But then that’s not a cool point of view is it?

I struggle with Coldplay because I actually quite like them but cannot get over how popular they are. I mean, they're better than fine, they're good. But they're not *that good*. There's loads of bands like them. 

2 hours ago, NinjaaaaaDuck said:

i am not in any way bothered about whats cool and whats not - i absolutely love Dio and am stuck squarely in the arena of eighties hair metal at present - cool is absolutely not on my agenda. And of course everyone's opinion is different, and just as valid as another, and i'm not denigrating you for liking Coldplay, or Arvo Part, or Anaal Nathrakh, or Bombay Bicycle Club. This isnt one-upmanship or anything, i just think Coldplay are shit. They do lots of for charity etc, and Chris Martin has even appeared to be quite a decent self-effacing sort,  and their obvious love for Glastonbury can only be a good thing - but they are shit. This is my truth. 

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

but they are shit. This is my truth. 

Okay you don’t care about cool, so let’s park that, but they aren’t shit.  This is the truth.

You don’t like them and that is absolutely fine, but that don’t make them shit.  You don’t get to continually sell out multiple nights in stadiums in all corners of the world for as long as they have by being shit.  This is the truth.

Take That have sold millions of records, and sold out stadiums. They are shit. 

As have New Kids On The Block. And U2. And Kasabian. And lots of other shit bands! It dos make them shit, because i think they're shit! 

2 hours ago, pilton digger said:

... plus Stu Malinas is stalking the perimeter (I think he's gone rogue/freelance/all Colonel Kurtz at this point).

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i am not in any way bothered about whats cool and whats not - i absolutely love Dio and am stuck squarely in the arena of eighties hair metal at present - cool is absolutely not on my agenda. And of course everyone's opinion is different, and just as valid as another, and i'm not denigrating you for liking Coldplay, or Arvo Part, or Anaal Nathrakh, or Bombay Bicycle Club. This isnt one-upmanship or anything, i just think Coldplay are shit. They do lots of for charity etc, and Chris Martin has even appeared to be quite a decent self-effacing sort,  and their obvious love for Glastonbury can only be a good thing - but they are shit. This is my truth. 

tumblr_nxd11zrbis1tobjf8o2_500.gif.71bf076b38ee5dc9e6b45a61d3a3a5db.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinjaaaaaDuck said:

Okay you don’t care about cool, so let’s park that, but they aren’t shit.  This is the truth.

You don’t like them and that is absolutely fine, but that don’t make them shit.  You don’t get to continually sell out multiple nights in stadiums in all corners of the world for as long as they have by being shit.  This is the truth.

Saying a band are shit is purely subjective. There are no metrics and it varies from person to person. One person’s shit is another’s great, and that’s fine. Pulling out album sales or venues headlined is pointless. If someone thinks they’re shit then they’re shit, we all respond differently to artists.

(This doesn’t apply to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, who are unequivocally, irredeemably shit)

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess that full pyramid field every time they play tells a different st ory too ... 

Yes, anyway Mrs C is a full member of the CDU, the Coldplay defence Union and when they play they are always part of my bargaining deal when deciding who to watch if there are clashes!  Their last appearance was a really good way to end the festival. 

Had a conversation with my wife about them last week, for supposedly the biggest band on the planet, they've absolutely failed to permeate my consciousness. I know 3 songs by them, Yellow, that one the Pet Shop Boys covered, and 'I will fix you'. Other than that, you could put a gun to my head, and I'd not be able to hum anything else by them.

As it goes, I'm firmly in the 'They're shit' camp, (and btw @balti-pieis bossing the last few pages) but I've got no real evidence for that assertion, however, there's no way I'm actually going to listen to an album, or watch them on a livestream, to confirm it.

• Upvote 1