Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Undecided. 2 acts I'd see if it was the actual festival but I want to support them given the year round joy the festival gives me. 

I'd want to see all bar Damon and Coldplay - even if it's just catching half a set. 

Still unsure about whether I want to watch this though - probably would if I can get it on a large screen with other people round for an evening. I haven't yet, but I'm sure I'll end up buying a ticket. 

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

Gigs and comedy were both v busy in my experience last time they were allowed to open in my experience (a lot were sold out/full). I can't see it being any worse after six months shut and us being in a much better position now.

You can have "very busy" but reality is with socially distanced events and massively reduced capacity that gigs that weren't sold out were making a loss.

Can't speak for music but for comedy at least, acts were performing for about half the usual fee and promoters were taking little to no cut, and gigs that didn't sell out ended up costing someone money.

tsk. I'm one of those weirdos that absolutely bloody loves Eurovision so this is a bit annoying. I spose my preferred option would be watching this Sunday morning - is that a thing with the timezones available. <don't have a go at my ineptitude, last week when we were out of kilter with the US I managed to bugger up most of my meeting timings>

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

The FAQs on the Glastonbury website say you can buy a ticket for any of the timezones regardless what country you're in, so if you buy a ticket for the Australia timezone by my calculations you'd be able to watch at 10am BST on Sunday.

That's sorted then. Pub Friday, Eurovision Saturday, Worthy Farm Sunday 🍻

Personally I think if this helps support Oxfam, Wateraid, Greenpeace AND Glastonbury then I'm all for it. The festival has given me plenty of fond memories and I feel I have an affinity with Glasto. For me the acts are somewhat secondary, but very welcome.

They all need our support.

Love to all 🙂

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

The FAQs on the Glastonbury website say you can buy a ticket for any of the timezones regardless what country you're in, so if you buy a ticket for the Australia timezone by my calculations you'd be able to watch at 10am BST on Sunday.

Excellent user name, love it

• Upvote 1

Apologies if already posted but the article in the Guardian has quite a bit of info in it, including saying that they’re considering letting some people to attend the live streams or allow for local NHS staff to attend, all subject to covid restrictions of course:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/mar/31/glastonbury-live-stream-festival-coldplay-michael-kiwanuka-and-haim-to-perform

Call me a cynic, but surely you can just search for full concerts from each of these bands for free on YouTube and achieve the same effect? Those will have been filmed in front of crowds too, so there'll actually be atmosphere. 

I suppose it's for a good cause 'n' all, but this just seems like quite a flat experience...

In a world now that seems more content with being able to say to everyone that you've been there and been a part of something, rather than actually experiencing or engaging with that something, then yeah. I'll do it though on the basis that it'll help the festi get through another year and those involved with it.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Australia time zone? Can you really spend 5 hours standing on your head to watch that stream? 

Willing to give it a go if it puts another £20 in Michael's pocket - even if it just ends up going towards his next denim shorts supply run at primark.

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think the concept people are going to sit in and watch this live stream vs actually going out in any great numbers is laughable 

Not everyone will be out in the pubs on the first weekend they are able, some people can wait a littel while longer and may choose to have friends visit to get the beers in and watch this instead - different demograhics/decisions etc .

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Not everyone will be out in the pubs on the first weekend they are able, some people can wait a littel while longer and may choose to have friends visit to get the beers in and watch this instead - different demograhics/decisions etc .

yeah absolutely and it won't be pubs in full operation anyway ... 🙂 

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m kind of confused at the people wondering whether this is value for money. It’s a fundraiser - what’s not to understand about that? 

Maybe because theyre so numb to these livestream events that it needs to be free now or its not worth their time. So strange that when they released a merch line it all go snatched up quickly on both occasions, but for this its not a welcome use of funds.

My gf even asked me how much it was and that translates to her willing to pay for it and she would not be up for this kind of thing normally. 

edit: re the guardian story. I could see them allowing vaccinated attendees for this which is how it should be for a charity event.

Edited by Suprefan

55 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I totally agree. I have no interest I’m going to pubs until I’ve been vaccinated. Quite happy to mingle with my mates in small groups. 

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

I totally agree. I have no interest I’m going to pubs until I’ve been vaccinated. Quite happy to mingle with my mates in small groups. 

Pubs the first weekend they’re open sounds horrific. Couple of good mates over for some beers and a Glastonbury stream sounds much better!

• Like 1