Best of PS 2019
1. best concert - Janelle Monae. This is how I imagine a festival headliner. Great show, the band and the dancers were lovely and of course Janelle's performance was flawless. After the first song I realised that running away earlier to catch Suede is not an option.
2. second best concert / worst clash - Suede. At least there weren't many people moving from Janelle to Suede, so I was able to move there very quickly and enjoyed the brilliant 45 minutes of Suede.
3. best moment - when I realised (running from Sigrid and making my peace with missing the first few songs of Interpol) that Mordor is strangely quiet. Thanks god they were late. I was able to enjoy the entire Interpol show (and there was a lot to enjoy).
4. discovery of PS 2019 - Dream Wife. Their show was full of energy and a lot of fun. Best new name that Primavera introduced me to this year.
5. biggest surprise - Yaeji. Not my favourite kind of music, I was just killing time before Maribou State, but what a surprise. I didn't know that a singalong at the house concert is a thing. Lots of positive energy, she was really adorable and seemed like she was enjoying it a lot. Hidden gem of PS 2019 for me.
Other performances I have enjoyed a lot (chronologically):
Birkins (I wouldn't mind if there was another Bowie's album somehow involved in next year's line-up)
Built to Spill
The Beths (what a nice way to end a festival... and what a nice feeling to get into bed before 1 a.m.)
and lots of others...
I am the first one to admit that I wasn't particularly happy with this year's line-up after it was announced, but I was very wrong. My third Primavera Sound was the best one so far!