LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes, if that was allowed no doubt thousands of people would suddenly and miraculously no longer be able to go from their original destination so they could get GA tickets instead. Of course they could insist on proof, but again that would he ridiculously labour intensive to have to scrutinise a load of applications for GA tickets.

It’s a mile inconvenience for a few people, but people seem to think it’s easy for them to individually just swap their coach ticket for a different one, even though the one they want to go on instead is fully booked.

Do you not think the vast majority of coach ticket holders get them because they genuinely want to go by coach?

3 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Do you not think the vast majority of coach ticket holders get them because they genuinely want to go by coach?

I know I only try for coach because it gives me 2 chances to get tickets.  I’d imagine many many thousands are in the same boat

7 minutes ago, leonaves said:

I go for both sales but would massively prefer a GA ticket. Though even with a GA ticket I go down by coach. Just prefer to choose when I travel with National Express, and where from- in 2019 I travelled to Bristol via train on the Tuesday then got the bus from there on Wednesday morning, just so the majority of travelling was done and dusted and I could get a good night's kip in after. Nobody should be going for coach tickets without actually intending to get on the coach though.

GA would be more convenient but the coach is fine and we'll always try for them from anywhere vaguely sensible (London, Reading, Bristol etc). Our booking group had 4 London-based and 2 from Midlands- we compromised on Bristol so will break the journey up and stay there Tuesday night. For added fun, two of the London crew now live in Liverpool and Australia... 

Yep their hands are tied as the licence agreement is x thousand attendees arrive by coach. That cant change, there isnt enough parking, would cause more traffic & contravenes licence.

the system is imperfect but you either get your coach & go, or dont & risk your tickets being at a pick up point, or get a refund.

if i were a teacher like that example off twitter i would just call in sick and not put anything on social media. What can they do? It would be hard to arrive on the friday as a teacher any other way than by train too as you cant buy a car park pass with a coach ticket, there wont be national express coaches on a friday. Unless you got a lift. And then you have the stress of trying to collect your ticket from a box office when the festival is already well underway and you’ve missed the weds, thurs and half the friday. Just skive and get the coach.

Edited by Memory Man

39 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Not at all, there are plenty of people on this very thread saying they only do it for an extra bite at the sale. I try in the coach sale every year but I’d prefer not to have to go on the coach.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Got a good feeling at the moment. Most of the Glastonbury related queries in my group have switched to ticket queries / logistics on getting there / what gigs we should do as a warm up.

Its on x

It's exciting isn't it! 

Our Glastonbury WhatsApp has been mostly for sharing memes for the last 2 years... actual festival discussion has now resumed. 

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd prefer GA but if a coach is the only way in then so be it. Certainly wouldn't restrict myself to just one sale.

We've got 7 people trying for resale and all of them have said no to coach as they would rather not go to the the festival at all than get the coach. 

Baffling.

(I'm going on the coach)

22 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Not at all, there are plenty of people on this very thread saying they only do it for an extra bite at the sale. I try in the coach sale every year but I’d prefer not to have to go on the coach.

Yep same here, I would much prefer to drive my own car and arrive and leave when I dictate with as much stuff as I (reasonably) need in the car if needed. 

But if it means I get to go I'll do the coach.

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We've got 7 people trying for resale and all of them have said no to coach as they would rather not go to the the festival at all than get the coach. 

Baffling.

(I'm going on the coach)

Done the coach a few times myself, it's absolutely fine.

Why would you give up an opportunity to go for the sake of a few hours on a coach?