LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup completely get that as well. My closest is London, which I'm an hour and 40 away from which is just a mess to get my stuff through. 

Depending on whether it's Victoria or O2 I'm probably not a lot less than you for door to door. I actually found it OK tbh, although Victoria was a lot easier without having to navigate the tube! Just allowed plenty of time so there was no panic or rush, plenty of time to set down and get coffee and breakfast before departure time.

Brighton would actually be geographically closer for me, but travel logistics would mean it takes about the same time to get there by train as to London.

Each to their own though innit.

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

When I was coming home in 2015 there were three coaches going back to Oxford that morning at staggered times, the see reps just filled them up as people arrived, so people like us arrived for the 7.30am coach to find it had already gone as others who were booked on later coaches had turned up early and got on it in our place.

There were a lot of pissed off people as we then had to wait until 9am for the next one, which then got stuck in loads of traffic on the way home.

I'd be super pissed as my return to Bristol is 6:30AM so i'll be up about 5AM to pack everything away!

6 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I'd be super pissed as my return to Bristol is 6:30AM so i'll be up about 5AM to pack everything away!

We watched The Who and then had a quick dance at Arcadia and  went to bed, set alarms for 6am, were up packed and at the departure point by 7am only to be told the coach had already gone!

Was not what I needed in my dishevelled state and there were a lot of other angry people!

Edited by gooner1990

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

fumming that i've got to go to London to get my coach, despite living in Bristol. Think it's an early one too so will have to get there the day before and stay the night

had asked if I can change it but they said no 😞

Did you book from London?  If so, that's your own call to do that even if you live in Bristol.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

We watched The Who and then had a quick dance at Arcadia and  went to bed, set alarms for 6am, were up packed and at the departure point by 7am only to be told the coach had already gone!

Was not what I needed in my dishevelled state and there were a lot of other angry people!

Yeah I remember waking up in 2019 at about 5am on the monday and the first thing that hit me was the COLD. We were the same, we just had to catch the next bus, times didn't add up.

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

oh! great info!

i expect something similar for 2022.

any idea what the return time was?

Just looked at group whatsapp and my oxford mates messaged us at 10:42 to say they'd just got in the gate and could we rescue them with a trolley! And I'm not sure on the return coach departure time but I've got a message at 14:21 on 1st July that says 'on the coach, feeling very crap but i've managed to bag 2 seats' 😄

Looks like you can get a reasonably late one! 

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Yeah I remember waking up in 2019 at about 5am on the monday and the first thing that hit me was the COLD. We were the same, we just had to catch the next bus, times didn't add up.

We were walking back to Ped Gate A and were coming across people still wild eyed coming back from the S.E corner...wasn't good! 

Reality is coming....

moff reality human traffic - YouTube

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I did but like, the original sale was in 2019, and I mean a lot can change in almost 2 and a half years

True. Sorry I wasn't having a go! 

I assume you can get the coach from London and then just hitch a lift/coach/train to Bristol?

If it makes you feel any better in 2019 I was working for Avalon events, I was in Spain on holiday and then was due to go straight to Tokyo to visit a friend as part of the same trip. 

Avalon events then insisted we had to do training in Brixton in person and not allowed over skype/teams etc.

I had to change my flights, fly back to England for two days go to London from oxford to sit in a dance hall with people patronisingly talking about not serving minors, then going home for one night, back to London then onto Tokyo for my holiday.

All to ensure I was ticked off to work at that years festival...

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just looked at group whatsapp and my oxford mates messaged us at 10:42 to say they'd just got in the gate and could we rescue them with a trolley! And I'm not sure on the return coach departure time but I've got a message at 14:21 on 1st July that says 'on the coach, feeling very crap but i've managed to bag 2 seats' 😄

Looks like you can get a reasonably late one! 

nice one cheers. 🙂  there are a few going back to oxford i think so hopefully i get allocated one that leaves a bit later so i can enjoy Sunday night fully!

51 minutes ago, Quark said:

Depending on whether it's Victoria or O2 I'm probably not a lot less than you for door to door. I actually found it OK tbh, although Victoria was a lot easier without having to navigate the tube! Just allowed plenty of time so there was no panic or rush, plenty of time to set down and get coffee and breakfast before departure time.

Brighton would actually be geographically closer for me, but travel logistics would mean it takes about the same time to get there by train as to London.

Each to their own though innit.

Yeah I come from the south east, so it depends on which side of London it is for me, Victoria would be a mess. I also need to take a few extra bits. I went National Express coach the first 3 years of going, and yea I've cut back on a lot, its just being held down to timings. 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

nice one cheers. 🙂  there are a few going back to oxford i think so hopefully i get allocated one that leaves a bit later so i can enjoy Sunday night fully!

I just asked and it turns out their allocated coach was at a ridiculous time of 6am or something so they purchased additional National Express tickets for a later time! 

tbh, I know it's probably too late in the game at this point for them to make this call, but I do think it's silly they aren't letting people at least change coach locations, given the context of the last couple of years—lots of people moving out of cities as remote working has become more common, not to mention just the fact that it's been 2 and a half years rather than the usual half a year. I feel there will be a lot more cases of people now having to drive out of their way (and sometimes actually go back on themselves) to get a coach. It kind of defeats the point doesn't it? They seem to like to encourage coach sales because it's obviously greener, which aligns with the values of the festival. But if you have, for example, people who have moved west towards the festival, if they drive back east to catch a coach, they'll be using more petrol now to get to the festival than they did if they just drove there themselves? I don't know if it's a logistics thing for them to not let people swap the coach tickets out for general admission, but it doesn't seem that difficult?