LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

But this is showing already in your purshase right? For example I got a coach from London and it clearly says it departs WED at 12:00 (noon). 

I was so nervous when buying that I didn't even realise what time I booked and I saw it in the email. I wish I could go earlier...

London coaches are the only ones that have timings on them at the point of purchase.

For where I live (Oxford) there is only one single coach there on the Weds and again on Thursday, then two coaches back on the Monday. 

4 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

My friends are getting the coach from Bath and historically it was late April/mid May, you get an email confirming which one you've been allocated 😊 I'm going from Bristol and already have mine so it's a bit of a mix

Nice one, thanks looks like I've got a bit of a wait until I find out then...I wonder if the times will come when I get my 'e coach' ticket

35 minutes ago, Smeble said:

the price will eventually, if it hasn’t already, chance the demographics of attendees, the demographics have changed but I don’t think that’s down to the price of the ticket. More down to the festival changing as society changes. 

Honestly think this is a major reason the festival hasn’t increased prices more already. From everything I’ve ever seen from them in interviews, Emily & Michael are keen to keep it as accessible as possible for everyone, especially younger people. 

After 2 years of COVID cancellations, I was astonished the price didn’t go up more this year. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Nice one, thanks looks like I've got a bit of a wait until I find out then...I wonder if the times will come when I get my 'e coach' ticket

Yeah I think London, Bristol (maybe Reading?) are the only ones you can choose your times for, the rest are a lucky dip 🙂

I leave Bristol at 7:30am for the Thursday, so might be a lone traveller depending when my friends get in the same day. Could be anytime!

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

£230+5 booking fee, almost doubled since my first in ‘07. Just shows how much more it costs to put on shows like this now. Up £32 from ‘19, almost guaranteed to break £300 next year. 

I know the price of literally everything has gone up recently but the same coach journey I usually do has also gone up £20 since 2019. One of our group who's dropped out has decided to put their money towards a holiday abroad instead 

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

I know the price of literally everything has gone up recently but the same coach journey I usually do has also gone up £20 since 2019. One of our group who's dropped out has decided to put their money towards a holiday abroad instead 

I think this is it. You can get an all inclusive holiday to Spain for 7 days, flights included in July-September for £300-£400. 

59 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If you really dislike him that much, just use the ignore button. There's a bunch of people on here that I've done that too. 

Can't really do that with 42 tbf. He's so dominant in so many threads that if his posts didn't appear, you wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think this is it. You can get an all inclusive holiday to Spain for 7 days, flights included in July-September for £300-£400. 

But the line up isn't that great and mainly consists of ex-pats singing for their dinner.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Never said it was an announcement, I just don't remember a time when they put 2 posts up on the site on the same day, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Seems like most people are saying it wont be today based of off this. 

I just see it as a notable update, but it  shouldnt stop a poster announcement from happening the same day if that was what they were doing. I mean isnt there a reminder that would go out with the poster anyway? We're getting 2 emails next week for the balance window on top of the one from today anyway.

Edited by Suprefan

27 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So sending ticket purchasers an email is now considered an announcement.

They've made it an article on the official site. You're right that there could still get another announcement today though, it wouldn't be the first time. 

7 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Yeah I think London, Bristol (maybe Reading?) are the only ones you can choose your times for, the rest are a lucky dip 🙂

I leave Bristol at 7:30am for the Thursday, so might be a lone traveller depending when my friends get in the same day. Could be anytime!

Yeh I'm coming from Oxford so it will be a lucky dip for me.

I think from recollection in 2015 the coach was 06.30 departure, and 07.30 return on the monday (although the coach didn't leave till nearly 9am!)

I think from recollection in 2015 the coach was 06.30 departure, and 07.30 return on the monday (although the coach didn't leave till nearly 9am!)

Yeah, I live very near the festival site but I'd take the coach from Glasgow if it got me in. Seeing Elton John the night before at Ashton Gate so going to be tired!

They always leave late, I remember Bath in 2019 was about an hour 😁

Edited by discgoesmic

2019 coach was about 7am from Oxford.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

This is why I could never do it. This year we're going up the day before staying in a place nearby, having a look round the town and getting the shuttle in on the day. 

Previously I've gone from London so been able to book a time.  Going by coach with other people for the first time and Reading's the most sensible option for all of us to do it together.

I'd much prefer in principle to make it to and from the fest under my own steam with my own timings, but I see coach tix as having two bites at the ticket cherry. I'd rather accept getting there under constraints than gamble it all on a standard ticket, but get why others wouldn't.

Just now, Quark said:

Previously I've gone from London so been able to book a time.  Going by coach with other people for the first time and Reading's the most sensible option for all of us to do it together.

I'd much prefer in principle to make it to and from the fest under my own steam with my own timings, but I see coach tix as having two bites at the ticket cherry. I'd rather accept getting there under constraints than gamble it all on a standard ticket, but get why others wouldn't.

its an absolute minefield ... but im giving the coach a go ... but unable to carry heavy stuff on my back so its going to be a logistical challenge .... they sell  carpark tickets at the entry to the carparks dont they ?

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yup completely get that as well. My closest is London, which I'm an hour and 40 away from which is just a mess to get my stuff through. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its an absolute minefield ... but im giving the coach a go ... but unable to carry heavy stuff on my back so its going to be a logistical challenge .... they sell  carpark tickets at the entry to the carparks dont they ?

If nothing else, going by coach teaches you to take a lot less stuff.

Since 2015 I've taken a lot less to festivals in general as a result of doing the coach to Glastonbury that year.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Same here. 

Baffles me that some of my friends are happy not to go to the festival at all than to get a coach down.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

If nothing else, going by coach teaches you to take a lot less stuff.

Since 2015 I've taken a lot less to festivals in general as a result of doing the coach to Glastonbury that year.

unfortunately due to medical stuff I need to take some extra stuff to others ... that said of course I will limit where I can 

33 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Can't speak for elsewhere but I've never been able to choose my time slots any of the times I've gone from Reading. 

London coaches give you a slot, but I've also found that it's just a total crapshoot. I was given 9.30am once, got there at 8.30am, and didn't leave until about 10.30/11am. People just seem to rock up whenever and get on coaches regardless.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

unfortunately due to medical stuff I need to take some extra stuff to others ... that said of course I will limit where I can 

well I more meant extras rather than essentials. 🙂 

I got a friend of mine to bring my alcohol and camping chair in for me in their car. helped a lot!

Just now, LinvoyPrimus said:

Can't speak for elsewhere but I've never been able to choose my time slots any of the times I've gone from Reading. 

London coaches give you a slot, but I've also found that it's just a total crapshoot. I was given 9.30am once, got there at 8.30am, and didn't leave until about 10.30/11am. People just seem to rock up whenever and get on coaches regardless.

When I was coming home in 2015 there were three coaches going back to Oxford that morning at staggered times, the see reps just filled them up as people arrived, so people like us arrived for the 7.30am coach to find it had already gone as others who were booked on later coaches had turned up early and got on it in our place.

There were a lot of pissed off people as we then had to wait until 9am for the next one, which then got stuck in loads of traffic on the way home.