LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

6 minutes ago, leonaves said:

I don't know if it's a logistics thing for them to not let people swap the coach tickets out for general admission, but it doesn't seem that difficult?

I assume it'd be far more admin on behalf of see tickets processing however many thousands of change requests that they don't want to pay for.

How many coach tickets are there? 20%? If 10% of those wanted to change that's 2500+ people. 

It should be relatively easy to do.

Edited by Leyrulion

19 minutes ago, leonaves said:

tbh, I know it's probably too late in the game at this point for them to make this call, but I do think it's silly they aren't letting people at least change coach locations, given the context of the last couple of years—lots of people moving out of cities as remote working has become more common, not to mention just the fact that it's been 2 and a half years rather than the usual half a year. I feel there will be a lot more cases of people now having to drive out of their way (and sometimes actually go back on themselves) to get a coach. It kind of defeats the point doesn't it? They seem to like to encourage coach sales because it's obviously greener, which aligns with the values of the festival. But if you have, for example, people who have moved west towards the festival, if they drive back east to catch a coach, they'll be using more petrol now to get to the festival than they did if they just drove there themselves? I don't know if it's a logistics thing for them to not let people swap the coach tickets out for general admission, but it doesn't seem that difficult?

When I worked for Shelter/Avalon events on the bars in 2019, they said in order to be green no one was allowed to drive their own car to the site we all had to get their coaches.

The only departure points were Sheffield, London and Bristol and I living in Oxford had to get the one from Bristol, problem was it departed so early I (and many others) had to travel down to Bristol the night before and stay in a local hotel.

The following morning I was speaking to a lot of my fellow volunteers and many of them had come from all over South West, there was a group of people who had come from Cornwall and had to get trains from down there, past the festival, up to Bristol, stay in hotels only to get on a coach to go back on themselves.

I get what the festival is trying to do, but sometimes common sense has to prevail!

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

fumming that i've got to go to London to get my coach, despite living in Bristol. Think it's an early one too so will have to get there the day before and stay the night

had asked if I can change it but they said no 😞

If you live in Bristol why did you book a coach from London?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smeble said:

If you live in Bristol why did you book a coach from London?

Probably cos they wanted a ticket. I’ve heard of people travelling from London to Manchester to then get the coach from there back down to south to the festival as, while being a pain, it means they get a ticket so a price worth paying.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The sale was in 2019. It is now 2022. 

I was thinking, could you give all your kit/luggage to someone else from Bristol who's going and then just travel down to London without any stuff on your back?

Doesn't solve the main issue but would make it easier!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I was thinking, could you give all your kit/luggage to someone else from Bristol who's going and then just travel down to London without any stuff on your back?

Doesn't solve the main issue but would make it easier!

I suppose I could possibly give that a try, but last time my Bristol friends did a festival, their car was packed full. Can't imagine them being able to fit anything else in. 

I wonder if it's possible to just arrive at the coach gate and explain that I couldn't make it, and see if they have a ticket/wristband waiting for me there?

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I suppose I could possibly give that a try, but last time my Bristol friends did a festival, their car was packed full. Can't imagine them being able to fit anything else in. 

I wonder if it's possible to just arrive at the coach gate and explain that I couldn't make it, and see if they have a ticket/wristband waiting for me there?

Risky business there matey. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Tickets were booked for the 2020 fest all the way back in 2019. Makes sense things have changed for people . A few ticket holders will have died in that time 

Average of 9.1 deaths per 1,000 in 2018 which would be 3600* over 3 years

Good news resale crew 😕

*(if you assume the Glastonbury population perfectly mirrors the country and ignore 'rona)

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Well its worth an ask.

I have heard of tickets being held at Ped Gate A for people who miss the coach...but not sure how how it all works. I think its @incidentwho knows about it.

What time is your coach from London on the Wednesday?

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

fumming that i've got to go to London to get my coach, despite living in Bristol. Think it's an early one too so will have to get there the day before and stay the night

had asked if I can change it but they said no 😞

Not sure who you spoke to try and sort this, but if it was National Express or See Tickets who said no to you then you could have another go and ask help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk to help out. I saw Emily replied to someone on Twitter recently who also had their situation change and needed to change their coach but had been told no, and Emily said they should email this address. Maybe you've already gone down that route but worth a shot if not!

Bit of a different scenario this year with nearly a three year break between ticket sales and festival so think your situation can be forgiven - and they're doing another round of coaches in the resale anyway so hopefully it's not that much of a logistical nightmare for them to sort. 

Edited by Col!n
added seetickets

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Could you try and find someone on that coach, they text you when it gets to the gate and you throw yourself on the mercy of the coach driver?

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What time is your coach from London on the Wednesday?

How can I check? I honestly can't remember but I think it was in the morning.

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Could you try and find someone on that coach, they text you when it gets to the gate and you throw yourself on the mercy of the coach driver?

Yeah I know some of the people getting the coach so could be possible.

13 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Not sure who you spoke to try and sort this, but if it was National Express or See Tickets who said no to you then you could have another go and ask help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk to help out. I saw Emily replied to someone on Twitter recently who also had their situation change and needed to cancel their coach, and Emily said they should email this address. Maybe you've already gone down that route but worth a shot if not!

Bit of a different scenario this year with nearly a three year break between ticket sales and festival so think your situation can be forgiven - and they're doing another round of coaches in the resale anyway so hopefully it's not that much of a logistical nightmare for them to sort. 

Thank you! Will give this a try 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I wonder what the percentage chance of success is in the resale compared to the first one is? Obviously way less tix available but way way way less people trying. Wouldn’t be shocked if you had way better odds in the resale tbh

Surely this year there will be absolutely fucking loads of people trying in the resale. Three years to contemplate going and get their shit together. I’m trying in it so hoping it’s not the case, but I’m expecting an absolute shitshow. 

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You can do that, but I guess you could be waiting round for your coach to arrive etc

17 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Not sure who you spoke to try and sort this, but if it was National Express or See Tickets who said no to you then you could have another go and ask help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk to help out. I saw Emily replied to someone on Twitter recently who also had their situation change and needed to change their coach but had been told no, and Emily said they should email this address. Maybe you've already gone down that route but worth a shot if not!

this reply doesn't sound promising on the same tweet

26 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Average of 9.1 deaths per 1,000 in 2018 which would be 3600* over 3 years

Good news resale crew 😕

*(if you assume the Glastonbury population perfectly mirrors the country and ignore 'rona)

They might have bequeathed the tickets to relatives in their will!

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

this reply doesn't sound promising on the same tweet

Ah shiet, I didn't see that one - my bad. That's quite harsh considering the break, guess they don't want to set a precedent of it - probably a fair few people in the same position. 

Could try a carefully worded email anyway asking really nicely and see what happens, sounds like this person tweeting has maybe wanted to cancel their coach altogether rather than transfer to another so there's a fraction of hope 

Edited by Col!n

There are only so many coaches in the country available and each coach is fully booked, so for every person who wants to swap from one departure point to another, you need someone that also needs to do the same swap in the opposite direction. I appreciate it's a pain for those whose circumstances have changed, but equally it would be a logistical nightmare (it would have to be a manual process, or some sort of bespoke software created to handle it) for Glastonbury/See to do it, so surely people can see why it’s just not worth their time and hassle? 

• Upvote 1

Jesus that’s a painful situation. I was in uni when I got my Glasto tickets, and would have still been in uni when Glasto ‘19 went ahead, but I am now working as a teacher, so only attending Friday evening until Sunday night. I did try and get coach tickets but didn’t succeed - thankfully! Didn’t even think about people in that situation!

5 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

My understanding is that the festival will never publicly state it - but over the years I've seen various posts saying that if you have a coach ticket and don't catch the coach your festival ticket will be held for you at the ticket office at Pedestrian Gate A.

I’ve been told this off the record by someone inside the festival.