2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Within the last couple of weeks is when I suspect they’ve made the call to move on. That’s when the articles that read like Harry’s people trying to get him a gig were emerging, it aligns with the typical January cut off and obviously more recently Frauenfeld making the decision to announce (and say he’s not touring) - perhaps they were waiting on an answer too. 

Half time show was great. Kinda what should have been expected and no big surprise there, but they all sounded good and up for it. Mary J was incred. Had a smile on my face and a few laugh out loud moments (50 Cents intro 😂) which is all you can ask for at these type of shows. Kendrick stands head and shoulders above them all though. The dude is on another level. It’s like “and here comes the auteur of the group”

Great to hear some more sources confirming Macca and Kendrick!  

Edited by jparx

Watched the HT show on YouTube, where any knee taking was conveniently edited out.

Kendrick as a performer really towers over the others, though the easy charm of Snoop just vibing is never bad especially when he has Dre next to him. When Dre started playing I Aint Mad At Cha on piano I feared the holographic worst but thankfully that didn't happen.

The other three were all fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I’m not even a Kendrick fan but this is very exciting. Fair play to the festival if they’ve pulled off Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar, that’s a very strong trio.

3 headliners I won’t be watching. No problem though there’s always plenty to do. I was hoping that there might be one headliner that may have got my interest. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Reckon we’ll get an announcement for him this week then? Seems a great time to do it.

Depends on what else he's doing in the UK I'd reckon. If it's his ONLY UK show, then yep I'd expect it anytime from now really. If he's got other UK shows he might be held off until the poster to shift some tickets perhaps?