2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

A name I’ve never seen mentioned for Glastonbury, but if they want to continue the trend of booking hip hop legends I think it would be a great booking.

Is it too optimistic to suggest he would smash a legends slot booking? Or would be only headline? Prior to the Diana, Kylie, Bazza triple whammy we have had some pretty diverse options for the legend slot (as in not always legacy pop). I think it would be a smashing slot if they could secure it. The Sunday locals demographic will change with time, and when millennials hit 30s/early 40s I think it would be a great set.

I would demand that he bring snoop and some guests with him though. Dr Dre and Friends, 4pm Sunday pyramid. After a bit of a heavy weekend that would sort me right now. Think of the whole pyramid field waving their hands back and forth to California Love in the sunshine!

THE Dr Dre, in the legends slot? oh lmfao , keep 'em coming Matt

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

A name I’ve never seen mentioned for Glastonbury, but if they want to continue the trend of booking hip hop legends I think it would be a great booking.

Is it too optimistic to suggest he would smash a legends slot booking? Or would be only headline? Prior to the Diana, Kylie, Bazza triple whammy we have had some pretty diverse options for the legend slot (as in not always legacy pop). I think it would be a smashing slot if they could secure it. The Sunday locals demographic will change with time, and when millennials hit 30s/early 40s I think it would be a great set.

I would demand that he bring snoop and some guests with him though. Dr Dre and Friends, 4pm Sunday pyramid. After a bit of a heavy weekend that would sort me right now. Think of the whole pyramid field waving their hands back and forth to California Love in the sunshine!

Every time I think eFests has reached peak ridiculousness something else comes along and tops it!

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s no way Dr Dre is ever doing the legends slot… or headlining for that matter, as much as you’d love to see it.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

THE Dr Dre, in the legends slot? oh lmfao , keep 'em coming Matt

What about in 10 years time when him and Snoop are approaching 70?

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

70?! Even Dre would've forgotten about Dre by then 

It’s not long until the festival dips into 90s artists for legend slot bookings. Kylie I think is the closest to it? (1988 first album?).

Time goes on. People get older. Legends pass.

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I picked the Colts when I first got in to the NFL as they seemed like the antidote to the Pats at the time, who kind of reminded me of the Man Utd of NFL. They’ve been absolute shyte ever since.

I picked Broncos because Homer Simpson bought them.

Last few years have stank the place out.  Have won a SB in my time supporting them though

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I picked Broncos because Homer Simpson bought them.

Last few years have stank the place out.  Have won a SB in my time supporting them though

I'm gonna have to pull you up on this one, Fuzz. The Denver Broncos were in fact, a gift from former boss, Hank Scorpio. 

Ps: they're my team too, plucked them out randomly during the peak channel four days. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

When did he last play a gig? Yet alone headline one of the biggest festivals on the planet?

Coachella 2012 I think, but I already explained why I think it might be possible.

I mean, there were rumours he was going to get back into performing and was even planning a huge tour, then he gets announced for the half time show, so maybe there's actually some truth to those rumours.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Think it’s a stretch to say he will never play gigs again when he’s doing a live performance today.

He also headlined Coachella in 2012.

Oh he’ll play again I’m sure. But a 15 minute set with five other people isn’t the same as headlining Glastonbury.

Few more big gigs and maybe it’s a different story.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

...or is this a case of people thinking Dre isn't big enough to headline?

He’s big enough to headline in the same way that Kylie, Diana, Aerosmith etc are big enough to headline. Some acts are massive but would work best not ending the night at el pointo.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not long until the festival dips into 90s artists for legend slot bookings. Kylie I think is the closest to it? (1988 first album?).

Time goes on. People get older. Legends pass.

I just wonder how those lyrics translate in his old age. Uzi's, bitches, gin and juice are one thing when you're in your twenties, it's another to be 68 and rapping about it. In fairness though, we've yet to see rap (particularly from that era) make the transition into vintage status. That'll be interesting to see. 

Let's be honest, much like Rihanna, he doesn't need to perform anymore, the Superbowl might be one of the last public shows we'll see...

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I just wonder how those lyrics translate in his old age. Uzi's, bitches, gin and juice are one thing when you're in your twenties, it's another to be 68 and rapping about it. In fairness though, we've yet to see rap (particularly from that era) make the transition into vintage status. That'll be interesting to see. 

Let's be honest, much like Rihanna, he doesn't need to perform anymore, the Superbowl might be one of the last public shows we'll see...

It’s a hometown gig for him and makes perfect sense for a Super Bowl in LA to have “legends of rap” half time show.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s big enough to headline in the same way that Kylie, Diana, Aerosmith etc are big enough to headline. Some acts are massive but would work best not ending the night at el pointo.

u wot m8

What planet do you live on where a Dr Dre pyramid headline set wouldn't be a blast?

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As important to hip-hop as the Rolling Stones are to rock and roll. Inarguably a surefire, nailed-on, 100% headliner...if he was inclined to do it

Exactly, it’s just plain daft to think he’d be anything but.

A Dre headline set with him bringing out his mates would be an all timer. I just don’t see it ever happening.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Exactly, it’s just plain daft to think he’d be anything but.

A Dre headline set with him bringing out his mates would be an all timer. I just don’t see it ever happening.

Me neither, sadly. Thinking about it, has he ever toured? I certainly can't remember anything from the past twenty years. I'm not even sure he toured the 2001 album. Was he on the Up In Smoke tour? Either way, it'd be a one-off, alas it's a pipedream. When you're sat on $1bn, the motivation to get off your ass and perform must be low 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Me neither, sadly. Thinking about it, has he ever toured? I certainly can't remember anything from the past twenty years. I'm not even sure he toured the 2001 album. Was he on the Up In Smoke tour? Either way, it'd be a one-off, alas it's a pipedream. When you're sat on $1bn, the motivation to get off your ass and perform must be low 

You can spin that around though. With that much money, perhaps his aspirations have gone beyond getting rich, and now he wants something more. Such as a legacy, and some great perfomances would help with that. Show the zoomers that he's more than just the guy who made those headphones