2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Sounded a bit more concrete than pie in the sky though I'm awful at gaging peoples sarcasm and joke.

I mean has it been mentioned that 4th March is actually a Friday, not a Thursday? Could that throw a bit of doubt over this post?

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Yeah but if we’re banking on a big ‘surprise I’m actually playing it as a one off after all even though everything pointed to that I wasn’t’ I’d say T Swift is still the more likely than Kendrick, precisely because of her connection to the festival + her domestic situation (living in the UK is she not?)

This is what I'm thinking. I feel like she'd be the most likely of the two to do a one-off, and the one that would benefit least from a headline slot. She doesn't need any help shifting tickets for concerts or getting attention to her music. I think it makes little difference, publicity-wise whether she plays during an album cycle or not... Kendrick, however, would benefit a fair amount more in terms of sales if performing as part if a cycle IMO

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

@JoeyT the date was just a guess wasn’t it ? Just to clear it up 🙂 

Yes, just a guess folks.

My train of thought was using what Emily had said about info before the end of the month and also about the poster in March.

You’d have thought they’d leave a bit of time between the two and given that I’d say there’s a higher chance than not that the poster will drop during the balance window that leaves this coming week as prime headliner or two news…

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yes, just a guess folks.

My train of thought was using what Emily had said about info before the end of the month and also about the poster in March.

You’d have thought they’d leave a bit of time between the two and given that I’d say there’s a higher chance than not that the poster will drop during the balance window that leaves this coming week as prime headliner or two news…

For me, the poster needs to drop before the balance window opens. This year, more than ever, I think people need to know what they're paying to watch first. I wish it was different, but I'm sure there are plenty of people whose finances have been troubled by the pandemic (I know I'm one of them). Unfortunately due to my finances being so tight, I'll have to base my decision to pay my balance based on whether I think the lineup is worth the money... even then, I may not be able to afford to go if we get a perfect lineup. I'm calling in every favour I can to scrape it together at the moment!

I'd personally guess we'd get the poster with at least 1 new headliner in the last week of the month, so 21-27 Feb.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

For me, the poster needs to drop before the balance window opens. This year, more than ever, I think people need to know what they're paying to watch first. I wish it was different, but I'm sure there are plenty of people whose finances have been troubled by the pandemic (I know I'm one of them). Unfortunately due to my finances being so tight, I'll have to base my decision to pay my balance based on whether I think the lineup is worth the money... even then, I may not be able to afford to go if we get a perfect lineup. I'm calling in every favour I can to scrape it together at the moment!

I'd personally guess we'd get the poster with at least 1 new headliner in the last week of the month, so 21-27 Feb.

I think in Glasto fashion it will come mid balance week to give it a push. Agree that we will get another headliner before the poster.

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Was Taylor actually ruled out due to being elsewhere over the weekend, or just down to the fact she's supposedly not doing amything this year?

I'm starting to think she might actually play as a one-off performance. Nothing other than a hunch, but she lives in London, right? It would be much less of a stretch for her to play as a one-off then Kendrick IMO.

I feel like Kendrick could have fallen through recently, and it would make most sense to pick the phone up to Taylor before anyone else and ask if she's definitely a no.

If it's not her and it's not Kendrick, then any guess is as good as the next because it could be literally anyone with enough stock, or someone in that "leg-up" zone

Agree with this. I think Taylor’s far more likely to do a one off show than Kendrick. Partly because she seems to have formed close ties with Emily/Billy Bragg and must have had Sheeran in her ear about the festival, so she gets the gravity of it. Also because she lives in the UK, at least some of the time. It’s not some random festival in a European country. 

The biggest argument against it isn’t the lack of other tour dates, but the inaccessibility of Glastonbury to Swifties. While I agree it would be funny to see them all unable to go, there’s a love relationship between Taylor and her fans, and I can’t see her playing without at least a reveal of future dates. 

We had info from different places suggesting that the headline trio they were at least going for was Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar. I think that sufficiently rules out a one-off Taylor Swift performance as she must have given an outright 'no' that the others didn't, and that's why they moved forward with Eilish. Lamar not being available now doesn't mean the info was never right and that Swift is back in play, just likely means that was the plan once upon a time.

Im not sure a festival close to Glastonbury saying Kendrick isn’t touring quite rules him out. We had relatively solid info come out a couple of times at the point he wasn’t being confirmed for other festivals he was previously booked to play. It always seemed likely Kendrick wasn’t extensively touring Europe even if he was doing Glastonbury. Could always be a US tour and then a jaunt over here for Glastonbury and a couple big shows in London. 

That being said, If we didn’t have info from a couple different places I’d be thinking there was next to no chance of Kendrick at this stage. 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Im not sure a festival close to Glastonbury saying Kendrick isn’t touring quite rules him out. We had relatively solid info come out a couple of times at the point he wasn’t being confirmed for other festivals he was previously booked to play. It always seemed likely Kendrick wasn’t extensively touring Europe even if he was doing Glastonbury. Could always be a US tour and then a jaunt over here for Glastonbury and a couple big shows in London. 

That being said, If we didn’t have info from a couple different places I’d be thinking there was next to no chance of Kendrick at this stage. 

I think this is pretty much where I’m at at the moment. If we didn’t have solid info on Kendrick then I’d say he was ruled out, as everything else points to him not headlining, but we know from a couple of different sources that he had signed on to headline at some point.

We know Kendrick sometimes doesn’t commit to touring too early on so in a year where most festivals have announced early and are presumably very keen to sell tickets to make up for the last couple of years, it’s easy to see why other festivals might move on if Kendrick wasn’t ready to commit to a full tour.  I’m still a bit hesitant to think he’s very likely to headline at this point but Glastonbury being more willing to wait than other festivals due to not needing an early announcement, as well as being in a country with pretty relaxed to no covid rules in the summer, make me think a one-off might actually be happening. The lack of other options also makes me think Kendrick is still happening, as there’s also a good reason to suggest most of the other contenders won’t be playing.

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

RHCP have new music out, any thoughts on whether they could play this year? 

Playing London Saturday and Sunday therefore nope. Speaking about this, they play with A$AP Rocky in Manchester on Wednesday but not on the weekend. Same with Anderson Paak than only plays on Saturday. 

image.thumb.png.81f9566118926f44123cd9f5c35921dc.png

It looks to me that Anderson Paak is a lock for Friday or Sunday and it gives some decent chances to A$AP Rocky to show up (if I am not missing something - and this is something missing in all prediction I've seen).

Edited by AlexOvd
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Still think it might be Kendrick. He must be aware of the festival's cultural standing to take the pay cut. He's got previous for doing one off shows. And the festival are in a unique position to say they're happy to wait for a decision from him. If he was booked way in advance of the 2020 festival he might see it as something to try and uphold. Wouldn't surprise me if the festival booked him for 2020 before he even had solid plans for a European/festival tour.

My reading of Neil’s post was that he was speculating that Harry’s people could have planted the stories. But given the stories was actually just one Daily Star story (that the Mail subsequently reported on), which itself seemed entirely speculative, I don’t think we’ve actually had any information about Harry at all. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, K2SO said:

This might be The Rock. I saw something last night that he posted with him on the pitch practising something.

Tbh I'd take The Rock headlining the festival. I'd quite happily sit there and listen to him cut promos on the lineup for 2 hours

The Rock is doing a hype up promo speech on field before the game and is narrating the pre game montage on tv.

50 Cent def the guest since he had a performance at a SB  party on friday night and was spotted at rehearsals as mentioned. Of course theres rumors of the tupac hologram which would be hilarious since it seems theyre just going to recreate coachella 2012 in a 15 minute window and add Mary J Blige for the hell of it.