2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yup we are now in the territory of he's either doing it as a complete one off or he was in the frame and then backed out.

Billie, Harry, Macca is where I’d put my money now. I think Florence will be at Latitude as some have suggested.

Yes agreed Billie, Wolf Alice and Fontaines DC are indeed the most likely headliners at this point.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I fully believe that Kendrick was probably the original plan but it’s getting harder to see how he could possibly still be in the frame at this point with nothing else lined up. Only thing working in his favour is that he did that one off Vegas performance so at least isn’t totally averse to that kind of thing.

I was thinking more along the lines of a one-off recently too. European dates complicate things and it seems that some major artists are looking to base most of their dates in the UK. But, I think it would be rough for Frauenfeld to say that he’s not touring and then for him to be potentially be announced for Glastonbury this week - they’d alter that wording slightly, surely?

Still think Macca could do Glastonbury and a couple of UK arenas so here’s hoping. I enjoy and support the suggestion from @kingcrawler as to the third headliner. Not long to wait now, anyhow. Big week coming up.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a one-off recently too. European dates complicate things and it seems that some major artists are looking to base most of their dates in the UK. But, I think it would be rough for Frauenfeld to say that he’s not touring and then for him to be potentially be announced for Glastonbury this week - they’d alter that wording slightly, surely?

Still think Macca could do Glastonbury and a couple of UK arenas so here’s hoping. I enjoy and support the suggestion from @kingcrawler as to the third headliner. Not long to wait now, anyhow. Big week coming up.

Unless all these places don’t know he’s doing Glastonbury. Perhaps the official word is that he isn’t doing mainland Europe but that doesn’t include the UK?

It’s grasping at straws stuff but would these bookers know who is playing Glastonbury?

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Unless all these places don’t know he’s doing Glastonbury. Perhaps the official word is that he isn’t doing mainland Europe but that doesn’t include the UK?

It’s grasping at straws stuff but would these bookers know who is playing Glastonbury?

I’d be very surprised. It’s a Live Nation festival, so they won’t be in the dark on major artists’ touring plans, given it’s their job to know.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why a big week? Are we getting news this week for certain?

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Why a big week? Are we getting news this week for certain?

I think it was said the other day by @JoeyT that there’ll be a headline announcement this week with one or two headliners, and a poster early March.

If things change and it’s not this week then it has to be next week as Emzie said as much. But this week seems prime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Why? It's not the case that TW Classic only gets "old heritage acts" and Werchter Boutique gets other types of acts. In fact, it's all about availability and the respective dates of those two events.

In 2019, Bon Jovi played TW Classic and Fleetwood Mac played Werchter Boutique. Editors (2018) and Black Eyed Peas (2010) played TW Classic. Metallica (2012) played Werchter Boutique. Fun fact: Robbie Williams played TW Classic in 2015 and Werchter Boutique in 2017.

Got your point and you have proven me wrong with your examples, still it's not what they aim for. Festival DNA is pop as they say themselves on their Facebook page: "Werchter Boutique brings the best of pop music to the Festivalpark."

Of course Macca and The Stones could play, but The Weeknd or FATM seems far more likely.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think it was said the other day by @JoeyT that there’ll be a headline announcement this week with one or two headliners, and a poster early March.

If things change and it’s not this week then it has to be next week as Emzie said as much. But this week seems prime.

Brilliant. Off on my jollies end of this week, hopefully before then.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’d be very surprised. It’s a Live Nation festival, so they won’t be in the dark on major artists’ touring plans, given it’s their job to know.

I’ve been on here a few years and this by far the strangest journey to the poster drop I’ve seen. 2015 was pretty wild and probably won’t be topped due to the fact that a headliner literally cancelled a show to play, but this is pretty nutty. We’ve either known exactly what we are getting for months or we are 1/2 headliners down and don’t have a clue.

I feel in a good place about Macca but it’s been bizarre watching Kendrick’s possibilities gradually circle the drain. 

Not just for Kendrick etc but it seems like a lot of gigs/tours were lined up late last summer and a tsunami wave knocked many of them out. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

But if you were going to announce Kenny it would be after tonight… like the first one (of potentially two) next week. 

With Tupac and another special guest involved I really can’t see Kendrick getting more than 2 minutes to probably do a verse from Humble.

I reckon he’s doing this as a studio break and then jumping back into the darkness. Don’t want to believe it but he doesn’t seem to be making that big of a deal about his guest showing.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

wasnt that just based on him wanting it to be and thinking it might be?  but not based on any specific info ... like he had for Pangea   and headliners .... although its likely we get something fairly soon anyway 

Just now, Matt42 said:

With Tupac and another special guest involved I really can’t see Kendrick getting more than 2 minutes to probably do a verse from Humble.

I reckon he’s doing this as a studio break and then jumping back into the darkness. Don’t want to believe it but he doesn’t seem to be making that big of a deal about his guest showing.

True didn't think of that. I think the chances are low at the moment but watch him play a blinder and be announced tomorrow. We can only hope.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

wasnt that just based on him wanting it to be and thinking it might be?  but not based on any specific info ... like he had for Pangea   and headliners .... although its likely we get something fairly soon anyway 

Oh right. I don’t think I saw any more explanation. Dab down that announcement date then. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

True didn't think of that. I think the chances are low at the moment but watch him play a blinder and be announced tomorrow. We can only hope.

If he’s good at anything it’s coming out of nowhere with a surprise.

This is an absurdly long time to work on a hip hop album though (2017-202?). I won’t be surprised if the pandemic made him bin an entire project and start from scratch.

Was Taylor actually ruled out due to being elsewhere over the weekend, or just down to the fact she's supposedly not doing amything this year?

I'm starting to think she might actually play as a one-off performance. Nothing other than a hunch, but she lives in London, right? It would be much less of a stretch for her to play as a one-off then Kendrick IMO.

I feel like Kendrick could have fallen through recently, and it would make most sense to pick the phone up to Taylor before anyone else and ask if she's definitely a no.

If it's not her and it's not Kendrick, then any guess is as good as the next because it could be literally anyone with enough stock, or someone in that "leg-up" zone

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If he’s good at anything it’s coming out of nowhere with a surprise.

This is an absurdly long time to work on a hip hop album though (2017-202?). I won’t be surprised if the pandemic made him bin an entire project and start from scratch.

Can only hope he performs under the eFests banner.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel in a good place about Macca but it’s been bizarre watching Kendrick’s possibilities gradually circle the drain. 

Kendrick Lama was always the least likely to resign imo. No prior loyalty to the festival. To him/his people its presumably just another european festival, and a lesser well remunerating one at that.

Of course he’s out. It’s all but certain at this point.

Edited by mattiloy

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Bit of harmless fun on a Sunday morning… Kendrick AND Macca at the superbowl?

E9F9102E-2D60-45AB-A177-25EC72DE7D50.jpeg

This might be The Rock. I saw something last night that he posted with him on the pitch practising something.

Tbh I'd take The Rock headlining the festival. I'd quite happily sit there and listen to him cut promos on the lineup for 2 hours

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Was Taylor actually ruled out due to being elsewhere over the weekend, or just down to the fact she's supposedly not doing amything this year?

I'm starting to think she might actually play as a one-off performance. Nothing other than a hunch, but she lives in London, right? It would be much less of a stretch for her to play as a one-off then Kendrick IMO.

I feel like Kendrick could have fallen through recently, and it would make most sense to pick the phone up to Taylor before anyone else and ask if she's definitely a no.

If it's not her and it's not Kendrick, then any guess is as good as the next because it could be literally anyone with enough stock, or someone in that "leg-up" zone

I have been thinking this but think its more pipe dreams than anything else. She wouldn't be using her full stage setup anyway but would still need her band to be up to scratch. It would be quite hilarious if it was her first proper performance in a few years and Swifties are not able to get tickets at all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mattiloy said:

Kendrick Lama was always the least likely to resign imo. No prior loyalty to the festival. To him/his people its presumablt just another european festival, and a lesser well remunerating one at that.

Of course he’s out. It’s all but certain at this point.

Well it depends what relationship the festival have with him. If he was lined up as early 2017 according to Emily then it has to mean something. He also looked to resign pretty quickly for 2021, whereas Taylor (the one I’d argue is closest with the fest), appears to have completely backed out and isn’t even trying to put together a tour right now.

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thought they’d have the pac hologram wheeled out again.

Neil any thoughts on dental’s post above that Kendrick isn’t touring? Do you think Glasto fell through or they’ve got him as a one off?

RADIO5LIVE JUST SAID KENDRIK IS PART OF THE HALF TIME SHOW.

3 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Supposedly her touring band have been disbanded and she’s said before to Zane Lowe that she doesn’t want to put a tour together in the current circumstances.

I hope I’m wrong, because if Taylor was announced I’d actually sit and cry with happiness for about an hour. She’s my #1 to play the festival now. But I just don’t think it’s going to happen she is busy with re-recordings and she probably wants to tie Glasto in with a stadium tour when she next can. 2023 is looking bright but I need a ticket!

On the headliners I’d put a bet on Billie, Harry, Macca because there is a) at least some evidence they are touring (Macca is rumoured for other shows) and that we’ve actually had some info placing Harry at the festival.

The crazy thing that I’m refusing to rule out is the Rolling Stones being drafted in late (knowing that they don’t sign contracts until much closer to the event). Although if they are at TW Classic on the 26th June this is a no go. 

The Stones were originally rumoured for Garorock on Glasto weekend but they aren’t doing it anymore. Does make me think that they’ve chosen to play somewhere else over that festival.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well it depends what relationship the festival have with him. If he was lined up as early 2017 according to Emily then it has to mean something. He also looked to resign pretty quickly for 2021, whereas Taylor (the one I’d argue is closest with the fest), appears to have completely backed out and isn’t even trying to put together a tour right now.

Yeah but if we’re banking on a big ‘surprise I’m actually playing it as a one off after all even though everything pointed to that I wasn’t’ I’d say T Swift is still the more likely than Kendrick, precisely because of her connection to the festival + her domestic situation (living in the UK is she not?)