2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

I personally don’t think you can trust a thing any tabloid writes. How often do you see quotes like “A source close to the couple said…” After some sort of cheating scandal or something. Logically, what friend that was genuinely close to anyone would tell stuff to a tabloid? It’s all just made up.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I personally don’t think you can trust a thing any tabloid writes. How often do you see quotes like “A source close to the couple said…” After some sort of cheating scandal or something. Logically, what friend that was close to anyone tell stuff to a tabloid? It’s all just made up.

It was a friend of mine who worked for a tabloid who told me about Lana for 2020. They deffo get proper stuff.

Some stuff will be fluff. I’m more inclined to believe them on festival stuff as there it’s a waste of time to just make up headliners for festivals. Even if they are using the same source that told the Daily Star, it will source back to someone telling them he’s playing. Whether that source is true who knows but I’m not going to rule it out as they will know people in the biz.

Even Neil thinks this could have come from his team.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Articles of this kind are always worded strange though. 

I interpret as a journalists way of saying they’ve had a tip off, and instead of directly saying “hey we heard this and we are leaking this” they write it in a jumbled way. Perhaps it’s a legal point.

As below they got a genuine tip off (wherever it was) but they always gear it as if it’s still up for grabs. Plus, quite often these acts will be in the frame before all documents are signed. So saying that someone is “in talks” isn’t actually an incorrect statement. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7723163/amp/Glastonbury-2020-Taylor-Swift-Kendrick-Lamar-rumoured-headline.html

I guess it’s hard to remember with all these years put together but at that point it was pretty common knowledge that Kendrick and Taylor were headlining, I believe. eFestivals had reported them, Twitter knew about it… so the Mail story wasn’t coming from a super-secret place, it was reporting on rumours that already existed. It even says ‘fans are convinced…’ and reports that the odds have been slashed already (because of how convinced the fans are).

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It was a friend of mine who worked for a tabloid who told me about Lana for 2020. They deffo get proper stuff.

Some stuff will be fluff. I’m more inclined to believe them on festival stuff as there it’s a waste of time to just make up headliners for festivals. Even if they are using the same source that told the Daily Star, it will source back to someone telling them he’s playing. Whether that source is true who knows but I’m not going to rule it out as they will know people in the biz.

Even Neil thinks this could have come from his team.

Tabloids are so often wrong about the headliners though. The Sun is the only one with any positive track record when it comes to reporting Glastonbury rumours. The Star reported that Harry Styles was due to play Glastonbury 2020 (he wasn’t) and that Oasis we’re gonna headline some time around 2014-2015 (they didn’t).

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tabloids are so often wrong about the headliners though. The Sun is the only one with any positive track record when it comes to reporting Glastonbury rumours. The Star reported that Harry Styles was due to play Glastonbury 2020 (he wasn’t) and that Oasis we’re gonna headline some time around 2014-2015 (they didn’t).

To be fair Harry could have been announced later on for 2020

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

1 minute ago, gfa said:

To be fair Harry could have been announced later on for 2020

Harry was in America Glasto weekend but I’m pretty sure the article said he was in talks for 2020 but they didn’t materialise? I don’t think they said he was booked.

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/rock-werchter-forum.5/

A mix of posts across these forums.

Second TW Classic date (no confirmed date) in advanced discussions with their headliner.

Werchter Boutique June 18th tba

Other names thrown around include the Weeknd but I am slightly doubtful of that. I think the Weeknd may be joining the crew of pulling their tour before it’s announced as he’s leaving it a bit late for stadium dates in the UK.

I reckon Macca is the 18th date and the Stones are the TW Classic date. Just a hunch.

Macca for Werchter Boutique? Never. You‘re reading things into it, that you want to happen. Not what‘s likely.

It‘s either Macca or Stones for TW Classic. Boutique is going to be something else.

Edited by Karlos12345

11 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Macca for Werchter Boutique? Never. You‘re reading things into it, that you want to happen. Not what‘s likely.

It‘s either Macca or Stones for TW Classic. Boutique is going to be something else.

Why? It's not the case that TW Classic only gets "old heritage acts" and Werchter Boutique gets other types of acts. In fact, it's all about availability and the respective dates of those two events.

In 2019, Bon Jovi played TW Classic and Fleetwood Mac played Werchter Boutique. Editors (2018) and Black Eyed Peas (2010) played TW Classic. Metallica (2012) played Werchter Boutique. Fun fact: Robbie Williams played TW Classic in 2015 and Werchter Boutique in 2017.

I fully believe that Kendrick was probably the original plan but it’s getting harder to see how he could possibly still be in the frame at this point with nothing else lined up. Only thing working in his favour is that he did that one off Vegas performance so at least isn’t totally averse to that kind of thing.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Superbowl has Eminem, dre, snoop, Tupac, and more. 

Thought they’d have the pac hologram wheeled out again.

Neil any thoughts on dental’s post above that Kendrick isn’t touring? Do you think Glasto fell through or they’ve got him as a one off?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I fully believe that Kendrick was probably the original plan but it’s getting harder to see how he could possibly still be in the frame at this point with nothing else lined up. Only thing working in his favour is that he did that one off Vegas performance so at least isn’t totally averse to that kind of thing.

Yup we are now in the territory of he's either doing it as a complete one off or he was in the frame and then backed out.

Billie, Harry, Macca is where I’d put my money now. I think Florence will be at Latitude as some have suggested.