2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Neither of them actually have any dates announced, and Kendrick especially appears to be being replaced at most of the festivals he was supposed to be at last year. 

Makes sense.

As far as WA go – I'm a fan but it feels a bit early for them.

If we end up with a headliner or two getting a Pulp-esque leg-up to the Pyramid Headliner status... actually don't have much of a problem with that.

It's only a good thing for the festival, I think – I'd have preferred they did that in '08 instead of booking The Verve.

37 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah.... they are backpedalling hard! 

The more I think about it the more I think it could happen... and be amazing!  Glastonbury give WA a little footie up and they smash it.  For me, I'd prefer them over Kenrick, Billie or Macca. 

This wouldn't just be a little bump though.

This would be rifling 5g's of Mandy. 

It ain't happening.

(Probably). 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Gorillaz weren't worst, it just landed a bit flat. Mumfords.....hmmm.

Was anyone here at the pointy one for Shakespeares Sister back in the day? I can't imagine that was a banging Saturday night hit-fest.

Wasn’t at that one but was at Elvis Costello in 1989. Not even with the Attractions. Just him, and an acoustic guitar

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

I would love them to go with a 2 massive artist, 1 leg-up slot every single year to be honest.

Yep me too, been thinking that way for a while. The thing sells out automatically anyway, what’s the big deal? Not to mention if you build up great relationships with these up and coming acts and give them the chance, you’ll likely always have the option to bring them back for (relatively) cheap and a guaranteed crowd pleasing show (Coldplay, Muse and Radiohead..). 

Wolf Alice are quality but if they were headlining the pyramid they’d have to be up against headliners that are much smaller than them.

If they were up against Dua on the Saturday it would be dumb. Dua would get a bigger crowd than them. The pyramid is designed for your 80k - 100k crowds. Your headliners need to be able to pull that off.

A big part of being a Glastonbury headliner is being the top choice of the night. Billie for example is one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. All the other stage headliners will be trying their best to chip away at her crowd. She’s not popular on here but Billie’s set to have one of the largest tours of 2022, it’s a great booking for Glasto to make.

It doesn’t mean the act is bad. Nine inch nails would smash a pyramid slot but the crowd would be paper thin.

11 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

An arrangement like this would be great on the pyramid.

More Glastonbury relevant and beautiful than anything Macca could deliver - and I’m not even a fan. This - artists of today at the top of their game - is what Glastonbury was always about! Love to see Billie, Wolf Alice and Harry Styles headline the first Glastonbury since 2019 - authentic and innovative! 

3 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

It’s a good idea if the festival was 4 days. But if the festival starts booking bands to headline that can’t pack the crowd it will not work.

It could work. Because the festival sells out people will choose from what’s on offer. Take End of the Road festival - consistently voted the best small festival. They book headliners that on tour play venues that are maximum 2K but at the festival play to audiences of 8 thousand.