2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Bigglue said:

Calm down. A band subbing R&L is not going to be headlining Glastonbury a few months earlier.

I think you are probably right and they are probably headlining JP or Other.  But at the same time, things are going to look a bit different this year - we'll get Glastonbury back but she'll look quite a bit different as far as the internationals are concerned.  I guess the line up will be heavily laden with Brit acts. 

I’ve had this through from Festaff this morning which seems to suggest BST are indeed pushing ahead with their extra date following their licencing hearing the other week. 

Glasto Saturday is the obvious gap but they also have a Sunday free the following week and have done Thursday nights before. 

1F786F2D-F269-4C80-B139-476955E3015F.png

2 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

As highly unlikely it is, I for one think Wolf Alice would absolutely smash it as Pyramid headliner and I'd be there with bells on if I actually had a ticket. Please disregard my avatar I'm not biased honest guv.

Yeah, agree and I'd be there whereas current headliner rumours I'd pass on (maybe a wander to Macca for a bit but thats it).  WA amazing band but won't please most.  Seems impossible for traditional groups with guitars to get that big these days so we are left with legacy bands like The Cure/Killers/Arctic Monkeys to headline alongside the stuff old farts like me don't really get like Billie/Kenrick & Sheeran.  WA would be great, help them step up a level and surprise a lot of people but can't see it happening unless others drop out.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I’ve had this through from Festaff this morning which seems to suggest BST are indeed pushing ahead with their extra date following their licencing hearing the other week. 

Glasto Saturday is the obvious gap but they also have a Sunday free the following week and have done Thursday nights before. 

1F786F2D-F269-4C80-B139-476955E3015F.png

What's that TBC at APE?

Wolf Alice are obviously not big enough to headline Glastonbury (they’re probably not even a sub) but also they clearly don’t have any headliners.

Kendrick isn’t playing and half the replacements that Euro fests have got (Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots) wouldn’t headline Glasto. All the other possible acts are ruled out by tour dates and exclusives (RHCP, Foos, Muse, etc.)

If Macca has dabbed down at this point and they already struggled to get a third headliner they’ve probably said fuck it and bumped Wolf Alice up.

Enjoy!

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael