2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Kanye was worse. In terms of people leaving anyway. Radiohead too by all acounts.

At one point during Kanye it looked like when a Pyramid gig is over there were so many leaving.

I wasn't at Kanye, went to see Suede instead but part of me regrets not going for a look.

I was at Oasis though, they were fucking terrible that night. Easily the worst headline performance I've ever witnessed on that stage.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I wasn't at Kanye, went to see Suede instead but part of me regrets not going for a look.

I was at Oasis though, they were fucking terrible that night. Easily the worst headline performance I've ever witnessed on that stage.

Yes all of our group left for the Chems when Noel described Little by Little as the best song he ever wrote.

Funnily there was an exodus when Oasis played in 95 too thousands leaving for the Prodigy. Oasis have rarely been good live.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I did the opposite to you and deeply regretted it - it was out of pure intrigue, I knew deep down which act I would prefer to see. Tried to get out of the corner of the field with the ice cream van to the right of the Pyramid as you look at it half way through and so many people were leaving the crush made it impossible to get through and up to JP.

As a result I bought tickets to see Suede at Hammersmith Apollo and they were great - confirmed I made a huge error at Glastonbury that night. 

Just now, Memory Man said:

I just think its funny that its almost mid february and no one really knows who 2 of the headliners are that will be walking out on stage in just over 4 months time.

unprecedented?

Unless it’s Kendrick and Macca, in which case we’ve known for fucking ages and just refused to truly believe it.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

I could definitely see them doing Saturday on the Other if they’ve had to shuffle things about. Don’t think them and Foals being up there together is an issue at all

Especially if they’ve bumped Dua Lipa up to Pyramid headliner.

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yes all of our group left for the Chems when Noel described Little by Little as the best song he ever wrote.

Funnily there was an exodus when Oasis played in 95 too thousands leaving for the Prodigy. Oasis have rarely been good live.

No, there's a myth that Oasis were this phenomenal live act. I must have seen them half a dozen or more times and they were rarely better than average. I think they were good in the early days, I have the Knebworth vinyl and they sound fantastic on there, but as time went by Liam's voice went to shit, the songs got worse and the setlists became more bloated. Post 2000 they really were not very good live at all.

Funnily enough from what I've seen and heard it seems the Liam of the last couple of years is in much better shape live than the Liam of 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Especially if they’ve bumped Dua Lipa up to Pyramid headliner.

Dua can only do Saturday right? Billie v Foals, Dua v Wolf Alice, Macca v Pet Shop Boys isn't perfect but it works. 

Or you've got Billie v Foals, Macca v Wolf Alice and Florence v Pet Shop Boys and Dua is just out rather than bumped up. 

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Unless it’s Kendrick and Macca, in which case we’ve known for fucking ages and just refused to truly believe it.

Its highly in doubt at this stage since neither of them are active or have any other tour dates not named superbowl, but i know what youre saying.

i seem to recall this website usually having all 3 headliners nailed on beyond almost any doubt about 6 months ahead most years pre covid

there is now plenty of doubt re macca and kendrick. I think we’ll get one but not both.

Edited by Memory Man

The facebook post regarding this has been "liked" by Jason Bryant who I believe is responsible for many of the "official" photos on the festivals website (may even be classed as the official photographer?)

Could be nothing, probably is nothing but let's not let that stop us from over analysing it...

6 minutes ago, K2SO said:

The talk of Wolf Alice headlining has made me feel a little bit better. I won't be as upset that I could no longer afford to go if they were headlining... I just don't get the hype. Nails down a chalkboard for me.

They’re just the current band in line for “decent band that eFests has decided are incredible”, which was probably Foals a few years back.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Dua can only do Saturday right? Billie v Foals, Dua v Wolf Alice, Macca v Pet Shop Boys isn't perfect but it works. 

Or you've got Billie v Foals, Macca v Wolf Alice and Florence v Pet Shop Boys and Dua is just out rather than bumped up. 

Or

Billie vs Foals

Dua vs Wolf Alice

Flo vs PSB

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re just the current band in line for “decent band that eFests has decided are incredible”, which was probably Foals a few years back.

I'd have been in this camp a couple of years ago, but Blue Weekend is genuinely incredible. Absolute masterpiece