2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

they just replied to me on instagram... even more confused now given 2021 had no lineup released!

image.png.26a1caec5ddcd975c5f6a4d881689ec5.png

For some reason that really made me laugh. Their first post was frustratingly ambiguous (“main stage”?) then to follow it up with getting mixed up with what year they’re confused about and the equivalent of ‘pffft’ and a shrug. Top trolling. 

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

wolf alice are the best band in the world so it’s deserved

My delight for them would probably eclipse any disappointment I’d feel. They’d have the absolute time of their lives and we’d love to see it. Shame it won’t happen, in a way. 

Edited by kalifire

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

For some reason that really made me laugh. Their first post was frustratingly ambiguous (“main stage”?) then to follow it up with getting mixed up with what year they’re confused about and the equivalent of ‘pffft’ and a shrug. Top trolling. 

I think it's much more likely that they've let the cat out of the bag on something* and now covering their tracks.

We got confused with 2021 is the weakest excuse possible 😂

By this I actually think they've just dropped a bollock and Wolf Alice are headlining but the Other Stage not the Pyramid.

Edited by JoeyT

So... removing Wolf Alice from the headliner equation (for now...), why do we think that Macca and/or Kendrick are goners?

Last I'd seen from Neil, Kendrick was essentially nailed on, and general vibe is that Macca is a lock. I appreciate there are always caveats to these things but why do we suddenly think one or both of them aren't making it?

1 minute ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

So... removing Wolf Alice from the headliner equation (for now...), why do we think that Macca and/or Kendrick are goners?

Last I'd seen from Neil, Kendrick was essentially nailed on, and general vibe is that Macca is a lock. I appreciate there are always caveats to these things but why do we suddenly think one or both of them aren't making it?

Neither of them actually have any dates announced, and Kendrick especially appears to be being replaced at most of the festivals he was supposed to be at last year. 

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn’t dismiss the idea that Wolf Alice are one of our headliners. US acts are not committing to travel restricting the choice of headline acts - and WA are without doubt a Glastonbury act. Coldplay headlined on album number 2 and even they had doubts whether they were ready…the rest is history. Personally I can see this happening

7 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

I certainly wouldn’t dismiss the idea that Wolf Alice are one of our headliners. US acts are not committing to travel restricting the choice of headline acts - and WA are without doubt a Glastonbury act. Coldplay headlined on album number 2 and even they had doubts whether they were ready…the rest is history. Personally I can see this happening

Wolf Alice haven’t exactly released Yellow.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

I think it's much more likely that they've let the cat out of the bag on something* and now covering their tracks.

We got confused with 2021 is the weakest excuse possible 😂

By this I actually think they've just dropped a bollock and Wolf Alice are headlining but the Other Stage not the Pyramid.

Yeah.... they are backpedalling hard! 

5 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

The more I think about it the more I think it could happen... and be amazing!  Glastonbury give WA a little footie up and they smash it.  For me, I'd prefer them over Kenrick, Billie or Macca.