2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Interesting info.  Must be some line-up if that’s where he is placing - might have been okay 2 years ago, but he’s blown up significantly since then and wouldn’t be out of place headlining The Other

Might be who Emily was referencing too was 'almost headliners' elsewhere on the line up.

15 minutes ago, Bigglue said:

It’s in Sam Fenders interest to play that slot. If he nails it he could get a provisional offer to headline off the back of it.

It also sounds to me like they’ve got the other to el pointo jump for him in mind already.

Fair enough - that’s the only way it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Fair enough - that’s the only way it makes sense.

Just like Stormzy and Billie if he plays to a big other stage crowd they will probably think of him as a headliner for 2024. 

If he takes a year off from touring in 2023 he will have a solid shout to headline in 2024.

2 hours ago, Bigglue said:

If Macca and Kendrick are doing 2022 it’s probably because of the uncertainty of pulling off a full European tour when many countries are relatively shut and have stricter laws. The UK is wide open.

Plan consecutive dates across Europe… There is a risk a few shows won’t go ahead.

Plan a one off show in the UK. Way more likely it will go ahead. Pretty sure the UK was the only country who had big outdoor gigs in 2021 outside of the US.

Is there not an argument that Kendrick considers Glastonbury a massive gig and is more bothered about fulfilling that than the other shows? I’m pretty sure he did Coachella 2017 as a one off.

You mean the tour he announced right after Coachella that had  the same stage production wasnt connected?!

Kendrick-Lamar-Damn-Tour.jpeg

2 hours ago, stanh said:

great setlist, although, quite sad at the lack of songs from self titled! 

Mostly agree, but she is touring Future Nostalgia so it's a good thing that she is playing most of, if not all, of that album.

Though you'd think that festival sets will be more balanced than that. I really like her second album, but I absolutely loved the debut so would be a bit bummed if it got so ignored from now on.

Just now, George1399 said:

So we now have conflicting information on the Friday other headliner.

Foals or Fender? Could it be that both have been bumped up and Foals are gonna take over from Billie leaving Sam to take a slot he definitely deserves.

We don’t have any info that Sam Fender is doing it, do we?

The info we have is that he’s third down Other. Some people have just been saying he could headline the stage.

I reckon Dua is playing before Billie now. May be a stealthy way of lining up an adequate step in if there is an issue with Billie’s tour. It would make sense that she has booked an event on the Sunday for Dua to be on the Friday.

It would also mean Harry Styles can headline the Saturday and not clash with her.

Edited by Bigglue

11 hours ago, Spencer23 said:
12 hours ago, EFC1996 said:

Wouldn’t complain at Sam Fender and Paolo Nutini headlining the other stage. Wishful thinking on Paolo though.

Off glasto topic I know do apologise but Not complaining at them 2 headlining my local festival Victorious should be a belter that 

Yeah I seen that, got a belter line up to be fair. If I weren’t so far I’d of went down for the weekend