2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, George1399 said:

So we now have conflicting information on the Friday other headliner.

Foals or Fender? Could it be that both have been bumped up and Foals are gonna take over from Billie leaving Sam to take a slot he definitely deserves.

The info we have is that Fender is 3rd down Other on Sunday, like Billie&Stormzy

Just now, Bigglue said:

If he’s against the specials then their crowd will be relatively thin. I reckon they aren’t third down pyramid if they would clash with Fender on the other stage.

Yeah I agree. Can’t see the Specials that high these days. Would split the crowd but Fender a much bigger draw.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Fender, but don't think I can be arsed with a gargantuan Other stage crowd. Hate it when it gets too busy over there.

Yeah you've gotta be there early for those shows, which usually means sacking off someone else purely to grab a spot. I think it could be a real highlight of the weekend, but I'd really be hoping there's something else decent on right before him...which given my track record of seeing acts on the Other isn't especially likely.

If Sam Fender was the bump up that Emily mentioned, where the hell was he playing before? Feels like 3rd on the Other is about where he'd be in 2020 anyway..? If not, 4th or 5th on that stage, and moving up incrementally is hardly a "they've taken off since we initially booked them and now they're nearly a headliner". 

Makes me think she had someone else in mind.

Just now, jparx said:

If Sam Fender was the bump up that Emily mentioned, where the hell was he playing before? Feels like 3rd on the Other is about where he'd be in 2020 anyway..? If not, 4th or 5th on that stage, and moving up incrementally is hardly a "they've taken off since we initially booked them and now they're nearly a headliner". 

Honestly, I think it would be awesome to have him 3rd down on the Pyramid instead. It will be a proper testing for the talks about him as "future headliner".

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Honestly, I think it would be awesome to have him 3rd down on the Pyramid instead. It will be a proper testing for the talks about him as "future headliner".

Royal Blood were third down on Pyramid in 2017 and Fender is about as big as they were at the time, and he's definitely more mainstream which seems to count for more and more these days.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d never seen this 3rd Sunday other thing before as being as something significant but is it always a really popular act to break the legend crowd up?! 

Also haven’t the last 2 that have done it then gone on to headline the next year?

Nah it’s on after the legend slot. Think Billie Eilish partly clashed with Miley Cyrus and Vampire Weekend, as Pyramid headliners tend to play longer than Other headliners.

Stormzy subbed the Other Stage on the Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Royal Blood were third down on Pyramid in 2017 and Fender is about as big as they were at the time, and he's definitely more mainstream which seems to count for more and more these days.

Yeah.  A trio in that slot like HAIM - Lorde - Sam Fender would be awesome, but again, who is going to headline and sub this festival? 😂

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

So ignore my posts and stop replying to them every day, then? It’s an internet forum about festivals, not some important part of your life where interacting with me is unavoidable.

If you choose to repeat the same tired jokes ad nauseum on an internet forum you should accept that you will be criticised  

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Nah it’s on after the legend slot. Think Billie Eilish partly clashed with Miley Cyrus and Vampire Weekend, as Pyramid headliners tend to play longer than Other headliners.

Stormzy subbed the Other Stage on the Saturday.

Yeah the legend usually comes on around 4ish, that third Other slot is probably around a half six start...

(I could look up actual times but can't be arsed)

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think she was referencing Dua Lipa moving from Other stage to pyramid sub. When Dua was originally booked Future Nostalgia had not been released.

Perhaps they see her as pyramid or nothing now as she could easily pack the pyramid field. 

She mentioned that the act in mind was on the cusp of headlining. It sounds to me like she is moving an act to pyramid sub.

Edited by Bigglue