2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

To be fair...the fact they are giving no further comment and using "behaviour" suggests that he was about to get done for something quite major. I don't think they'd throw their lead singer under the bus and effectively end the band unless it was, like, full substance/potentially sexual abuse level.

Don't wanna read too much into it but it seems that way.

Aye that's how it came across to me too. 

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

To be fair...the fact they are giving no further comment and using "behaviour" suggests that he was about to get done for something quite major. I don't think they'd throw their lead singer under the bus and effectively end the band unless it was, like, full substance/potentially sexual abuse level.

Don't wanna read too much into it but it seems that way.

Yep my thoughts exactly - this feels like pre-empting SOMETHING that will reflect badly on the band. I imagine whatever it is will come out in the near future if so

If substance abuse, the door is open for the future once dealt with sort of like with Libertines, but yeah anything else and it will have been a necessary and final decision

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why do you chide me for seeing Kasabian as a potential headliner and then predict Gorillaz?

It’s all in good taste :P I didn’t actually disagree with you that Kasabian could headline I just thought it was unlikely. Gorillaz do fall into a similar category.

Gorillaz are a weird one, they could both headline the Pyramid and The Other stage and both wouldn’t look that out of place. Are there many other artists which can do that?

Glastonbury '23 for Tom's Kasabian comeback show? 

I've always liked them, but in all honesty haven't listened to one of their albums since WRLA and didn't see them when they headlined. Always been up for seeing them again though. 

Hope Tom gets the help he needs and that he's not burnt too many bridges whilst struggling. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t know what planet I’m on, but on this one Nick Cave and Foals will never headline the pyramid stage.

I'm from planet Cave Headlines Pyramid as well. 

He'd be a curveball for sure, but can't imagine Nick Cave not being a big succes if he does. 

Whatever it is, wishing all the best for Tom Meighan and hope he gets the support to help him find health and happiness as soon as possible. 

Grew up with Kasabian being one of my favourite bands and today’s news is pretty gutting. Provided me with many good memories.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I'm from planet Cave Headlines Pyramid as well. 

He'd be a curveball for sure, but can't imagine Nick Cave not being a big succes if he does. 

It would flop like nothing we’ve ever experienced before our life. When he subbed the pyramid in 2013 I could easily walk up to the barrier and most people there were there for Mumford & Sons.

Foals and Nick Cave will headline the other stage or nothing.

Most people when Nick Cave walked out on stage with Kylie said who?

Edited by Matt42

Serge has obviously done his own solo stuff so weird Tom is actually leaving the band rather than just pausing or temporarily splitting up. That said, as and when festivals do start up again they’re still a headliner everywhere so I guess of nothing else Kasabian the band are a massive cash cow they probably be reluctant to slaughter.

Gorillaz, sub or Other headliner. not a Pyramid headliner these days whatsoever.

Nick Cave would not headline the Pyramid, and would be a bizarre choice to do it on every level. Chris Martin/Emilie Sande supergroup has a better chance.

Foals are unlikely in the future unless it was a last minute replacement or they start writing a few more commercial bops and Yannis becomes less of a surly grump and starts whoring himself out to every media outlet going like yer man in...

The 1975 - quite likely at some point, unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It would flop like nothing we’ve ever experienced before our life. When he subbed the pyramid in 2013 I could easily walk up to the barrier and most people there were there for Mumford & Sons.

Foals and Nick Cave will headline the other stage or nothing.

Most people when Nick Cave walked out on stage with Kylie said who?

2013 Cave and 2020 Cave is a different beast in terms of popularity though. 

When Cave co-headlined with AM at Rock Werchter in 2018, he (well, they because the Bad Seeds are animals) pretty much embarrassed Turner and company by playing the show of the day, and probably that festival, winning over lots of fans. Beautiful really.  

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Sad times. This was a massive Glastonbury highlight for me.

Add me to the ‘Kasabian reunion headline slot’ in the next 10 years list.

I really enjoyed watching their performance on the TV that year and I still really like LSF as a song, it's great live. 

Gorrilaz would be a really difficult booking for me. On the one hand they've got some great stuff. On the other hand I hated their 2010 set. 

The worst thing is I think I'd go in with a preconception from 2010 and wouldn't be able to enjoy them even if they were amazing. 

Weird wording on that statement along with the ‘won’t be commenting further’ bit. If they didn’t want people to speculate then they’ve not done a good job of it with such an ominous statement. 

Thought they wouldn’t get the headline gig again any time soon, but shame it’s because of whatever’s gone on here.

In the absence of a dedicated Kasabian thread I'll have to leave this here - possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on Twitter: 'I saw Kasabian live in 2007 (they blew the killers off the stage) and soon realised they are the best band of the 21st century so far.'

22 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Gorrilaz would be a really difficult booking for me. On the one hand they've got some great stuff. On the other hand I hated their 2010 set. 

The worst thing is I think I'd go in with a preconception from 2010 and wouldn't be able to enjoy them even if they were amazing. 

I hate to be that guy, because it's probably already been discussed a lot in here, but why is that 2010 regarded as being a bad show? 

I've seen it dozens of times on Youtube, feeling envious because I wasn't there. When I finally got to see them in 2018, they were amazing. 

Edited by lighthouse

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I hate to be that guy, because it's probably already been discussed a lot in here, but what why is that 2010 regarded as being a bad show. I've seen it dozens of times on Youtube, being jealous I wasn't there. When I finally got to see them in 2018, they were amazing. 

For me it felt rather drawn out and focused heavily on the new album and there wasn't much in the way of interaction with the crowd.

Some great songs in there but I can just remember Damon trying to get the crowd to sing along to the last song before the encoure, it felt rather cringe. 

Personally, I wouldn't put it in The Who (2015) or Kanye levels of boredom however. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

2013 Cave and 2020 Cave is a different beast in terms of popularity though. 

When Cave co-headlined with AM at Rock Werchter in 2018, he (well, they because the Bad Seeds are animals) pretty much embarrassed Turner and company by playing the show of the day, and probably that festival, winning over lots of fans. Beautiful really.  

Why does Nick Cave’s performance at RW have any relevance? You know that it is not down to quality or who is most popular on efestivals right?

Nick Cave is not mainstream at all. Most people have never heard of him. Efestivals is the biggest nick cave echo chamber I’ve ever experienced lol.

very rarely do I ever meet someone who has a bloody clue who he is.