2021 Headliners

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I had a feeling it was going to be something like this. It’s why I held off giving him much praise.

Me too - hard to believe he’d be booted out (sorry, ‘stepped down by mutual consent’) in such a manner if sorting out an addiction issue only.

Still think Nick could do it eventually as like a heritage headliner. Because the acts from the 60s won't be going it for much longer, so soon the 70s and 80s acts will start taking those positions.

Besides, there aren't many acts whose output has been consistently good over such a long period of time. So between that, his growing popularity, and his great  live reputation: I can see him doing it someday

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Still think Nick could do it eventually as like a heritage headliner. Because the acts from the 60s won't be going it for much longer, so soon the 70s and 80s acts will start taking those positions.

Besides, there aren't many acts whose output has been consistently good over such a long period of time. So between that, his growing popularity, and his great  live reputation: I can see him doing it someday

Just because he has been around for a while doesn’t mean jack shit. Most people don’t know who he is. When he came on stage with Kylie most people didn’t have a clue who he was.

If the Cure got a small crowd Nick Cave would probably be considered an intimate gathering. If they put him up against anyone mainstream the other stages would have bigger crowds than the pyramid. Put any competition against him and it would die on its arse.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Most people don’t know who he is. When he came on stage with Kylie most people didn’t have a clue who he was.

How on earth would you know what other people were thinking? 😅Worldwide Cave is filling arenas double the size Kylie plays in nowadays. 

I should hope all those that have flooded Tom with posts on social media wishing him well to delete them and apologise. Also to remove any support for the band as they didn’t step in and tell people to be cautious with their words wishing well..

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, misterplow said:

How on earth would you know what other people were thinking? 😅Worldwide Cave is filling arenas double the size Kylie plays in nowadays. 

Keep putting him on your Christmas list and see if your dream comes true

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I should hope all those that have flooded Tom with posts on social media wishing him well to delete them and apologise. Also to remove any support for the band as they didn’t step in and tell people to be cautious with their words wishing well..

Court case hasn't even gone ahead yet, shouldn't we see the outcome before making any judgements either way?

22 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

To be fair...the fact they are giving no further comment and using "behaviour" suggests that he was about to get done for something quite major. I don't think they'd throw their lead singer under the bus and effectively end the band unless it was, like, full substance/potentially sexual abuse level.

Don't wanna read too much into it but it seems that way.

Clearly in the know my man....

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Court case hasn't even gone ahead yet, shouldn't we see the outcome before making any judgements either way?

Tom stepped down from the band. Would he step down if it wasn’t true?

Its okay though, work overtime to defend Tom when you don’t even know him yourself.

1 minute ago, misterplow said:

Why that weird passive aggressive behaviour? 😅

Let's meet each other in the middle by saying he, they, would be an excellent Other headliner. 

I wasn’t being passive aggressive apologies ❤️

• Like 1

Just now, Cream Soda said:

Do you know him then?  

Just now, Matt42 said:

He’s plead guilty. It’s alright though continue the trend in society of defending your favourite front men because they are propa lads

For you too

Just now, dandandan95 said:

I think that came out in the last like minute or so. I obviously am not going to defend that no need to take that tone.

Well maybe change your attitude to listen to victims then instead of defending your favourite lad when you don’t know shit

• Downvote 1

Sad to hear the reports about Tom Meighan, he’s had some dark times but what he’s reported to have done it obviously inexcusable. Really hope he can get the help he needs. Feel bad for the rest of the band being dragged into this and potentially putting an end to Kasabian

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Well maybe change your attitude to listen to victims then instead of defending your favourite lad when you don’t know shit

Maybe you are the one who might need to change their attitude?  It is possible to have an adult conversation without speaking to people like shit you know.

• Like 1