2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don't think it works that way, anyone who gives their tickets back over one or two names shouldn't have one in the first place.

Hopefully it means a lot of the 'younger' festival goers who missed out aren't as interested in trying again in the resale.

Of course this will likely be offset by people who had no intention of going until this announcement trying in the resale!

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Didn't Emily also say no headliners were to be announced till the new year? and that hasn't happened so could she just be having people on with regards to 2 not playing the festival before? Or did these 2 quotes come across differently when said?

My take is that negotiations were concluded quicker than expected and/or Macca couldn't wait to let everyone know.

Interesting that it's likely that the two already booked are still to be announced. Likely that they're still waiting to show their hands for next summer (Kendrick) and have UK dates still to announce (Tay Tay).

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My take is that negotiations were concluded quicker than expected and/or Macca couldn't wait to let everyone know.

Interesting that it's likely that the two already booked are still to be announced. Likely that they're still waiting to show their hands for next summer (Kendrick) and have UK dates still to announce (Tay Tay).

That would make sense, personally still surprised the Friday (Kendrick) slot is still so open

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What's reaction to this like? I thought it'd be quite warmly received but all my lot have been "Oh god, what an embarrassment, I wish he'd just stop".

My mum just messaged me saying, "His voice has gone, but still nice that there's going to be a homegrown headliner". 

She's one of a kind.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What's reaction to this like? I thought it'd be quite warmly received but all my lot have been "Oh god, what an embarrassment, I wish he'd just stop".

Around mine it tends to be "decent booking, recognise the man, the legend, the songbook etc, but......not fussed about seeing him"

4 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Didn't Emily also say no headliners were to be announced till the new year? and that hasn't happened so could she just be having people on with regards to 2 not playing the festival before? Or did these 2 quotes come across differently when said?

I think the new year comment was more a guesstimate than anything else, if you watch it on the one show she almost says it under her breath, whereas the comment about two headliners not playing before was an unambiguous statement which was then in fact followed up on saying she hopes she hasn't given it away

On 11/17/2019 at 2:30 PM, billybigballs said:

Realise that as someone who hasn't been on here for very long that the following info will be derided or ignored. I can live with that.

But, just wanted to pass this info on from a friend who is a former manager of a previous sub act (some years ago). He has heard that the headliners this year are:

Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift.

That's it. That's what I've heard - my source is 100% reliable but I can't claim the same for his source as I have never met her.

One down, two to go ?

1 minute ago, robillustrates said:

I'm wondering why Taylor isn't announced yet considering it seems very likely she will be there, she might be headlining one big weekend or something prior to Glastonbury maybe.

Probably doing BST, which would be announced first.

1 minute ago, robillustrates said:

I'm wondering why Taylor isn't announced yet considering it seems very likely she will be there, she might be headlining one big weekend or something prior to Glastonbury maybe.

There is always the chance that she isn't playing Glastonbury, that doesn't seem the have been considered on here yet..

10 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

she said no announcement uintil the new year, and that 2 headliners hadn't played before and one was still in negotiation.

So it seems like Macca was the one in negotiation, and that's allowed an announcement to happen before xmas after all.

Does suggest that either Macca wasn't in discussions until very recently (after Emily's comment on the One Show) or at that point she thought the negotiations would be drawn out longer. Something seems to have changed for the announcement to come now.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

she said no announcement uintil the new year, and that 2 headliners hadn't played before and one was still in negotiation.

So it seems like Macca was the one in negotiation, and that's allowed an announcement to happen before xmas after all.

Oh right, thanks! Do you have any info on Lady Gaga with regards to the previous post, saying about info on Lady Gaga/Macca/Taylor, as Macca is now confirmed and Taylor a clear favourite?...

Edit: Nvm, I just remembered she has played already

Edited by ModBoy