2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

So if it's not Kendrick (Which I don't believe it is), and we have Macca and Taylor, who do people think the last headliner is? Especially if were going with it being a band like a lot of people think it will be...

I see maybe 2-3 people in this thread thinking it'll be a band. 

Also according to Emily its someone thats not played before. 

11 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

So if it's not Kendrick (Which I don't believe it is), and we have Macca and Taylor, who do people think the last headliner is? Especially if were going with it being a band like a lot of people think it will be...

Gif not working but RHCP.

Edited by mcshed

Just now, wro_lap said:

That would mean 2/3 headliners have played before. But then again anything can happen.

Got a feeling about RHCP. Hope Foals though.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Just don’t see RHCP myself for how bizarre it’d be, but also don’t really have any other realistic suggestions. Hopefully Kendrick will become active/announce some stuff soon so that he becomes more than just wishful thinking.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve got 20 mins! :P 

Also do you think if those three fell into glasto’s lap they’d say “nah we need to have a band to keep the pattern”. Seriously lol. 

Remember, you've got to convince them you're at least a bit normal during your probation :D

And no chance, I don't read too much into the band / solo artist thing.  If they can get the right big act for the Big Pointy Bastard then they're going to play them regardless

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

I'd have said Arctic Monkeys fit the bill, if Kendrick doesn't happen. Wouldn't fit with Emily's comments though, although not many do if we're saying it's a band. RHCP/The Strokes, don't see either of those happening personally but who knows

We should be valuing Emily's comments far higher than whether it's a band or solo artist though. The only thing we actually know about the final one (assuming Swift plays of course) is that they haven't played before. I think considering anyone who has played before is futile at this point, she won't have made that up.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

And no chance, I don't read too much into the band / solo artist thing.  If they can get the right big act for the Big Pointy Bastard then they're going to play them regardless

I don't think anyone said it can't or won't happen.  It's just less likely as it's not happened for such a long time.  The Kendrick rumour is based on absolutely nothing at the moment so if it's not him, it'll probably be a band.

A part of me is starting to think we have misunderstood EE's comments about 2 headliners not playing the festival before, or she may of misspoke...I feel 2 acts that haven't headlined before makes more sense as it's quite limited it feels for acts that haven't played before...

A part of me is starting to think we have misunderstood EE's comments about 2 headliners not playing the festival before, or she may of misspoke...I feel 2 acts that haven't headlined before makes more sense as it's quite limited it feels for acts that haven't played before...just my thought

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

A part of me is starting to think we have misunderstood EE's comments about 2 headliners not playing the festival before, or she may of misspoke...I feel 2 acts that haven't headlined before makes more sense as it's quite limited it feels for acts that haven't played before...

She was pretty clear though. It wasn't an ambiguous statement at all. It does seem like a bold statement and really narrows down the potential candidates, but Emily seems to be more precise with her wording than Michael. 

Tbh, it makes the whole thing much more exciting! Especially with Macca seemingly the first one confirmed - we know the next two will be totally fresh bookings for the festival.

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

It was pretty unambiguously worded I think, would be shocked if she misspoke 

10 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I think considering anyone who has played before is futile at this point, she won't have made that up.

While I agree for the most part - I think a bit of discretion needs to be applied to that.

So for example we probably can rule out anyone who's played on the Pyramid or Other Stage in the last 5-10 years, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss for example an act that played once before in the new bands tent 20 or so years ago and their previous performance might not be easily recalled.