2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Are the worthy view tickets only for people with standard tickets already?

I was willing to drop a grand to get there next year but now I think it's not an option.

Yep - you can’t book WV unless your reg. has a ticket associated with it (either Coach or general 

14 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

I can guarantee that group of c#&ts who populate the top of the pyramid field with giant gazebos, signs and marquees will have tickets. How do they manage it every year? Does anyone know them?

Pyramid palais? I’ve always presumed they’re local. I’ve always quietly suspected they’re a bunch of twats too, for reasons I can’t fully explain. I just think they seem like twats. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just to join in on what happened. Didn't get tickets.
Had the refresh screen on my computer for a few minutes then nothing until the sold out.
Phone on 4g had the refresh page the whole time but never went past it. My friend who lives about a mile away had the same thing but reverse. 

31 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Pyramid palais? I’ve always presumed they’re local. I’ve always quietly suspected they’re a bunch of twats too, for reasons I can’t fully explain. I just think they seem like twats. 

Run out of up-votes, remind me tomorrow to like this post. And the next day too please.

• Upvote 2

Can I just say that even though I got through I think the ticketing system is b.s. why they can't either go back to the old fashioned way of actually going to the shops and buying a physical ticket or imho a lottery/pick of the hat system. We are all aware of different WiFi/4g speeds throughout the country and also the additional apps that can be used in helping secure a ticket,to me it seems a touch unfair. Also I'd bring the number of tickets per person down to 4 max

just looking at twitter and on here a worrying trend of people failing with payment details page ... why would this be the case ? too many people let through to that stage of the process ? i know it happened to our group  lots of times ... I however only got holding page 15 mins in 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

just looking at twitter and on here a worrying trend of people failing with payment details page ... why would this be the case ? too many people let through to that stage of the process ? i know it happened to our group  lots of times ... I however only got holding page 15 mins in 

I found if you clicked back after the failed payment and re-inputted the details it took you back to the payment page. Did your group do that? Or was the problem the 6-minute timer?

Just now, Mackem said:

I found if you clicked back after the failed payment and re-inputted the details it took you back to the payment page. Did your group do that? Or was the problem the 6-minute timer?

yep they tried that ... we got 12 out of 18 eventually .... lots of tweets saying it failed at that stage but it needs a resolution I would say 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep, the only person in our group who had even any success getting past the reg pages, then failed on payment. Very frustrating to have effectively got through but not get tickets.

ho hum, re-sales it is

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Whenever I see people who've been attending for so many years not get tickets, it always makes me worry that a part of the spirit diminishes, too. The festival always needs to stay on its toes and it's vital that lots of new people get to experience the wonder of it but I just hope that it retains the same atmosphere. I'm sure it will.

Genuinely gutted for a lot of you that contribute on here and on the farm.

Me too, I hope the regulars here get lucky in April, I’ll help out.

It’s the nature of the festival (and it’s ever increasing popularity) that new generations come along and want a piece of it. Throughout the 80’s it was ‘my’ festival. I’d go to others but this was the one I went to annually. Over time though I gave it up for various reasons and accepted that I was no longer part of it. I went back in 2017 after a long gap and absolutely loved it. It surprised me how little the vibe had changed since I first went. 

We made it! 6 of us trying, and the one who was using mobile data on his break from work got through 20 minutes into the sale. Genuinely chuffed after 2017 was our first and had a bad feeling about this morning. Difficult to read of so many regulars missing out, I too will offer any help I can when resales come round! 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Don't know if they're local but yes they have been known to be drunken piss taking twats at the innocent passers by. Shame because they've obviously been going for years but still can't quite grasp the concept of the whole place.

Having said that, I'm sure that particular area has been included as part of the pyramid viewing area nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Don't know if they're local but yes they have been known to be drunken piss taking twats at the innocent passers by. Shame because they've obviously been going for years but still can't quite grasp the concept of the whole place.

Having said that, I'm sure that particular area has been included as part of the pyramid viewing area nowadays.

Sounds like an efest challenge to get up there first set up and show them how to not be idiots 

Was there any evidence of the whole 60 refreshes thing?

Did anybody absolutely hammer F5 more than 60 times a second and still get through?

I refreshed my one responsive device as frequently as a I could for the entire 36 minutes or whatever it was. The page itself or the URL never changed but I never got through. There was the occasional slower refresh so in balance I may have never actually gone over it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Was there any evidence of the whole 60 refreshes thing?

Did anybody absolutely hammer F5 more than 60 times a second and still get through?

I refreshed my one responsive device as frequently as a I could for the entire 36 minutes or whatever it was. The page itself or the URL never changed but I never got through. There was the occasional slower refresh so in balance I may have never actually gone over it anyway.

It made me very paranoid and I had to restrain myself from my usual refresh rate! 

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

The only devices I got through on were the ones that I left to auto-refresh. The ones I was manually refreshing didn’t give me anything at all

Pure luck, innit?

Yup, though broadly if you were mostly not getting the waiting page you were probably stuffed from the get go, if you were frequently getting the waiting page you had a moderate chance

One thing I noticed this year that I never had before was the page where you enter payment details times out if it didnt load in enough time. I got a message telling me to go back to the event page - the original seetickets link, after which you had to re enter reg deets if you ever got back to that page. Something definitely changed there. I never even seen a booking complete screen but one of the payments I thought was unsucessful due to timeout went through

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I got through on Edge at 15mins only to crash at payment page. Tried back and refresh but nothing. Then got through on mobile on 4g at 23mins and booking complete! So lucky