2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

9 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Got to payment page, TWICE, and both times timed me out.
1 really really pissed off bunny!!!
Can accept 'not getting them', can't accept system screwing me over by not processing in a timely -not necessarily the same as 'fast' - manner.

My first was 1998 and succeeded every year since. 

Never tried resale before

???

Not that I got anywhere near a payment page this year but that is the one thing that I don't like about the current system. It would at least feel fairer if those who saw an order page were guaranteed their purchase would complete as seeing the payment page on screen and then getting a timeout feels like you've had your tickets taken away from you. In reality you were no nearer to having tickets than those of us who saw no page at all as there's always scope for it to throw an error at any point in the process.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

didn't work for me at all on three devices.

Chrome did - constantly (on one machine) - but only the busy page.

FF has worked without fail since uni (2013) up until now, with multiple tabs.

Friends in London & Yorkshire all straight through with the fox as well, if there's every a 'tip' for ticket day that's mine… or could be a load of bollox.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

didn't work for me at all on three devices.

Chrome did - constantly (on one machine) - but only the busy page.

Chrome and IE worked for me, although for the most part only one at a time. I think I only got through to the holding page a few times on Firefox and my Android phone's Chrome.

I didn't get any tickets though, so 'worked' might not be the right word...

Just now, CJTM said:

FF has worked without fail since uni (2013) up until now, with multiple tabs.

Friends in London & Yorkshire all straight through with the fox as well, if there's every a 'tip' for ticket day that's mine… or could be a load of bollox.

But Chrome got me an instantly loading holding page (but not further) and another laptop on Firefox just crashed and didn’t even get near the site. I thinks it’s just random luck.

So if you can't connect at all to the holding page but they're all selling fine and others are getting through, so the site hasn't crashed but it is timing out and not loading on your browser.... what does that mean from a technical perspective? ie is it your connection speed that's the issue or something like that?

Edited by Levitz

3 minutes ago, Levitz said:

So if you can't connect at all to the holding page but they're all selling fine and others are getting through, so the site hasn't crashed but it is timing out and not loading on your browser.... what does that mean from a technical perspective? ie is it your connection speed that's the issue or something like that?

that it's run out of available web sessions, I think.

Just now, Levitz said:

I'm not sure of the specifics as it will depend on how their servers are setup but it's most likely that something at Seetickets' end is preventing more than a set number of people being able to access the site at any one time either because it's configured to do that or has crashed.

It's nothing to do with anything that's running at your end.

Norra sniff, about forty minutes of staring at the holding page and no further. Occasionally it would look like it might be about to go to the booking page as the refresh took a little longer. But nada.

I'll see where I am in the New Year, I have got tickets in the resale before so I know it is possible but as someone else pointed out there are lots of other festivals to choose from and I will look to see who is playing where and go with that.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that it's run out of available web sessions, I think.

2 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

I'm not sure of the specifics as it will depend on how their servers are setup but it's most likely that something at Seetickets' end is preventing more than a set number of people being able to access the site at any one time either because it's configured to do that or has crashed.

It's nothing to do with anything that's running at your end.

Ah, so back to luck again. I always seem to have problems in more recent years and half blame BT in my head. Was going to move to Hyperoptic but couldn't get it done before the sale but maybe it wouldn't have helped anyway....

Edited by Levitz

6 minutes ago, Levitz said:

It's pure luck of timing. Your holding page refreshes every 20 seconds, as someone leaves a session whoever is lucky enough to actually hit the page (or auto-refreshes) at that split second will jump on the empty session.

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

Ah, so back to luck again. I always seem to have problems in more recent years and half blame BT in my head. Was going to move to Hyperoptic but couldn't get it done before the sale but maybe it wouldn't have helped anyway....

On Hyperoptic here and it didn't make any difference. Had BT last year, Talk Talk the year before, I've never got in. I think it's literally all luck.

My beautiful daughters first birthday will be Friday 28th June 2019. I was planning if successful on coming down bright and early Saturday morning if successful.

Naturally I wasn't. 

Does anyone know of anyway I'd just be able to come in for the Saturday day, Sunday and leave after the main headliner.

I've been coming to the festival since 1999 so feels weird to be missing out. 

Does anyone know a way I'd be able to come in for just 2 days? Absolutely desperate.

1 minute ago, marketsqhero said:

It's pure luck of timing. Your holding page refreshes every 20 seconds, as someone leaves a session whoever is lucky enough to actually hit the page (or auto-refreshes) at that split second will jump on the empty session.

Yes, I was meaning when you can't even get the holding page. When you get the white 'can't connect' so you're not even in the lottery for a session

Edited by Levitz

1 minute ago, Diva Sam said:

Would love to know the success rate based on location, (Latency). Im assuming 80% were London based. (not because of population but because of distance)

Location is very unlikely to have any effect on your chances of success.

Most people were unable to open a page as there were no sessions available on the seetickets servers. Whether your latency is 1ms or 1000ms it's more about whether a session is available at the exact time that you try to connect rather than how quickly your request to the server got there. Even on the slowest of connections the latency is likely to be shorter than the time it would take for you to process whether the page has opened properly or not and push F5 again if needed.

Just now, Stone_Love said:

My beautiful daughters first birthday will be Friday 28th June 2019. I was planning if successful on coming down bright and early Saturday morning if successful.

Naturally I wasn't. 

Does anyone know of anyway I'd just be able to come in for the Saturday day, Sunday and leave after the main headliner.

I've been coming to the festival since 1999 so feels weird to be missing out. 

Does anyone know a way I'd be able to come in for just 2 days? Absolutely desperate.

If you’ve a full ticket you can come and go at your discretion for the duration of the weekend. Just have ticket/wristband/passout.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-Bill said:

On Hyperoptic here and it didn't make any difference. Had BT last year, Talk Talk the year before, I've never got in. I think it's literally all luck.

How do you fine it other than Glasto?