2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

The "back" trick was great in the day. Get through once, sort yourself out, then merrily click back and buy as many tickets for friends as you liked with no drop in connection. Sortof holding the door open for your mates (or paniced randoms reading our their card numbers to strangers on the phone)

4 hours ago, UEF said:

The "back" trick was great in the day. Get through once, sort yourself out, then merrily click back and buy as many tickets for friends as you liked with no drop in connection. Sortof holding the door open for your mates (or paniced randoms reading our their card numbers to strangers on the phone)

When did the back trick stop working btw?

On 10/7/2018 at 10:35 AM, mf_2005 said:

Phone on o2 4G eventually got to the queue but nowhere else. A Windows running Laptop connected to the WiFi got nowhere other than page can't be reached. 8/9 year old iMac got straight onto the grey queue page with Safari. It does every year. Chrome eventually did and Firefox got absolutely nowhere. I am not a tech guy, I have basic knowledge by my Dad knows his stuff. He networked up his whole house. Every room has two ethernet ports so I'm never messing about with wireless. There are two routers for god knows why and whatever this absolute monstrosity is.

I don't even live at home anymore, I just have been successful here in the past so I lugged my PC back from London just to plug it in in my old bedroom. Fully have faith in the mass of wires and flashing lights my Dad is always tinkering with.

IMG_20181007_102918_resized_20181007_103425018.jpg

So it's round to your dad in the resales then!

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, Bradders said:

One thing I did notice is that every time we got through to the reg details page, it froze and wouldn’t go any further. I decided to stop every other device refreshing through our WiFi and just waited a minute, clicked and it went through straight away. Exactly the same thing happened all 3 times we got through.

Think you may have a good point here. I got through in about 5 mins but it froze whilst moving to the payment page. Managed to keep the page open and eventually reappeared but needed to reinput the regs. This was on my ipad and I had a couple of tabs open on a PC and anothere ipad auto/manual refreshing. I think it only went through when all the other options had lost the holding page.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:38 PM, Watchy said:

I’m new to all of this and didn’t managed to get tickets on Thursday or Sunday. I read everyone’s advice to refresh, but on my I phone the same thing happened both nights. It started refreshing ok and the blue line went all the way across and refreshed but soon it just got about a fifth of the way and got stuck, if I refreshed it went back and did the same again. Was this actually refreshing.? As soon as the sold out was announced the blue line speeded across once again. I hope this makes sense . Thanks 

All you were getting was the browser loading up the page details it had previously stored on your device (cache). It was then not able to load new data from the see tickets server and hence getting stuck. As said before, you need to refresh - but I'd also advise trying a different browser or doing a "hard refresh" - i.e. clearing the cache and making your browser get everything from the server.

13 hours ago, NaturalWine said:

When did the back trick stop working btw?

This year - I tried it and it bounced me back to the holding page.

They must have put magic in there when they did the 6 min reg details/10 min session change - which makes sense.

It almost messed us up since we split our 2 groups thinking it still worked and had not thought of the consequences of only one group going.

tbh - it is fairer, so will plan accordingly for the future.

21 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

They must have put magic in there when they did the 6 min reg details/10 min session change - which makes sense.

It almost messed us up since we split our 2 groups thinking it still worked and had not thought of the consequences of only one group going.

This is so frustrating to hear about these tricks after they have all stopped. A few of our friends were unable to come in the past because we could not get back on the booking page. If I would have known we would have had the whole gang there every year. Even a recent friend who has been for the past 14 years with a big group of 20 did not enlighten me about this because he always had his ticket bought for him. I always wondered how they managed to do it.

your right it does make it fairer though. The saying knowledge is power and power in numbers was real for back then. What kind of beast do we all have to deal with now is the question.

39 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

My friend (who has never successfully bought any tickets before) bought 12 on Sunday. She said she used the back button....and I have no reason to doubt her. However, when she tried to go back a second time, it just kept showing her the registrations she'd already got tickets for. My other friend (a ticket buying whizz) managed to get in in about five mins to get the first six but couldn't go back and didn't see the booking page again....

So, not sure what to make of that really. Back is still a thing, but not that often???

Edited by Sasperella

On 10/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, NaturalWine said:

Has anyone else ever had the favour retured after being the main booking securing for a good few years running 

Yep! I’ve bought tickets every single year, including friends and family in resales, secret sales, plus every main sale.

This year I didn’t get off the holding page. But my brother got in and stole my hero status!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So, not sure what to make of that really. Back is still a thing, but not that often???

Methinks that it's not supposed to work and they've put code in there to bounce you out. That said, the way it is implemented may well leave open the possibility to bypass this - and so your friend got through. I reckon in future it will be a case of try it, but plan on it not working.

25 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Yep! I’ve bought tickets every single year, including friends and family in resales, secret sales, plus every main sale.

This year I didn’t get off the holding page. But my brother got in and stole my hero status!

Yep. Same here. One very small but sadly significant difference though, we all failed this year ?

• Like 1