2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hardly a surprise, I mean, who wants to hear an enormous nu-metal band wailing on while you’re trying to enjoy New Order?

I can't really remember to be honest, it's all a bit blurry. 

Edited by zeppelin
  • Upvote 2

Not sure where to put this.

Michael Eavis was at the Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats gig in Bristol last night.   Sorry, I wasn't brave enough to approach him and ask for any secrets.   He watched the whole set from the pit though so I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the Pyramid Stage this year.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Doubt it to be honest, if they're doing festivals this summer I'd say they're a lock for Glastonbury.

In fact, I declare them...

Image result for lock of the week

Didn't they say they had 1 or 2 more shows to announce, one being in Cornwall implying the Eden Sessions and one being Creamfields now. Or am I misremembering?

8 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Didn't they say they had 1 or 2 more shows to announce, one being in Cornwall implying the Eden Sessions and one being Creamfields now. Or am I misremembering?

1 or 2 could easily be more than two though. I’d take it in the less literal sense. Also, their response indicated that it was ‘a place that hasn’t been on for a while’ or something like that. Doesn’t work for Creamfields, does for Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

1 or 2 could easily be more than two though. I’d take it in the less literal sense. Also, their response indicated that it was ‘a place that hasn’t been on for a while’ or something like that. Doesn’t work for Creamfields, does for Glastonbury. 

Fair, I hadn't listened to it, just going by what was said on here. I thought they said 1, hesitated and then said maybe 2. But fair, i still fully expect them to play, just was curious from what they had said.

6 hours ago, RyanS said:

Not sure where to put this.

Michael Eavis was at the Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats gig in Bristol last night.   Sorry, I wasn't brave enough to approach him and ask for any secrets.   He watched the whole set from the pit though so I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the Pyramid Stage this year.

Hope so, they were great on the park stage in 2016. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:04 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Suede headlining the Park would be just lovely, but too big I fear. They packed out the JP a few years back.

Granted but that's likely due to the lack of any other rock act on the main stages at the same time. If there was a bit more to split their crowd I reckon The Park would be a good shout. With Kanye and Deadmau5 on Pyramid/Other that Saturday there was a huge swathe of people looking for alternatives.

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Granted but that's likely due to the lack of any other rock act on the main stages at the same time. If there was a bit more to split their crowd I reckon The Park would be a good shout. With Kanye and Deadmau5 on Pyramid/Other that Saturday there was a huge swathe of people looking for alternatives.

Spot on that. Was one of the reasons I went to see them that night, plus intrigue as I loved a handful of tracks from years ago. Wasn't disappointed. I'm struggling to get into their most recent album, but baring any major clash issues, I'd love to watch them on The Park. Perfect setting for a night time set from them!

A new prediction for these post Macca times

FRI
Py:
Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Alice In Chains, Solange, Kamasi Washington, Jimmy Cliff, Ward Thomas, Hacienda Classical
OS: Foals, Cardi B, Hozier, Blossoms, AJ Tracey, Tom Grennan, Parquet Courts, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Groove Armada, The Cat Empire, Nao, Les Amazons D'Afrique, Lizzo, Nubya Garcia, BC Camplight
JP: Interpol, Chvrches, Charli XCX, Idles, Pale Waves, Ella Mai, Nilufer Yanya, The Japanese House, Fontaines DC, Hatchie
Pa: Mac DeMarco, Gruff Rhys, Maggie Rogers, Julia Holter, Jade Bird, Sunflower Bean, Kojey Radical, Boy Azooga, Mattiel

SAT
Py:
The Strokes, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Bastille, The Raconteurs, The Roots, Michael Kiwanuka, Omar Souleyman, Bearfur
OS: Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Courteeners, Suede, Sigrid, Gerry Cinnamon, Anna Calvi, Drenge, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Octavian, Flohio
JP: Robyn, Jarvis Cocker, Spiritualized, Billie Eilish, Peace, Dermot Kennedy, King Princess, Ten Tonnes, Another Sky, Sea Girls
Pa: Young Fathers, John Grant, Stefflon Don, Freya Ridings, Angelique Kidjo: Remain In Light, Slowthai, Girlpool, Jimothy Lacoste, Black Midi

SUN
Py:
The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Tom Odell, Kate Tempest, Ezra Collective, A Ballet
OS: The Streets, Christine & the Queens, Jess Glynne, The Wombats, Brockhampton, Sam Fender, Sundara Karma, Gang of Youths, She Drew the Gun
WH: Janelle Monae, Jungle, Average White Band, Nao, Caravan Palace, Kamaal Williams, Kikagaku Moyo, Zara McFarlane
JP: Jon Hopkins, Tash Sultana, Sharon Van Etten, Bear's Den, Fat White Family, Tom Walker, Isaac Gracie, Easy Life, ETC Winner
Pa: Lykke Li, Loyle Carner, Shame, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Lucy Dacus, Superorganism, Let's Eat Grandma, Stella Donnelly, Art School Girlfriend

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py:
Stormzy, Liam Gallagher, Alice In Chains, Solange, Kamasi Washington, Jimmy Cliff, Ward Thomas, Hacienda Classical
OS: Foals, Cardi B, Hozier, Blossoms, AJ Tracey, Tom Grennan, Parquet Courts, Kate Nash, Doves
WH: Orbital, Groove Armada, The Cat Empire, Nao, Les Amazons D'Afrique, Lizzo, Nubya Garcia, BC Camplight
JP: Interpol, Chvrches, Charli XCX, Idles, Pale Waves, Ella Mai, Nilufer Yanya, The Japanese House, Fontaines DC, Hatchie
Pa: Mac DeMarco, Gruff Rhys, Maggie Rogers, Julia Holter, Jade Bird, Sunflower Bean, Kojey Radical, Boy Azooga, Mattiel

SAT
Py:
The Strokes, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Bastille, The Raconteurs, The Roots, Michael Kiwanuka, Omar Souleyman, Bearfur
OS: Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Courteeners, Suede, Sigrid, Gerry Cinnamon, Anna Calvi, Drenge, Lewis Capaldi
WH: Wu-Tang Clan, Jorja Smith, Maribou State, Toots & the Maytals, Fatoumata Diawara, Sons of Kemet, Octavian, Flohio
JP: Robyn, Jarvis Cocker, Spiritualized, Billie Eilish, Peace, Dermot Kennedy, King Princess, Ten Tonnes, Another Sky, Sea Girls
Pa: Young Fathers, John Grant, Stefflon Don, Freya Ridings, Angelique Kidjo: Remain In Light, Slowthai, Girlpool, Jimothy Lacoste, Black Midi

SUN
Py:
The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Tom Odell, Kate Tempest, Ezra Collective, A Ballet
OS: The Streets, Christine & the Queens, Jess Glynne, The Wombats, Brockhampton, Sam Fender, Sundara Karma, Gang of Youths, She Drew the Gun
WH: Janelle Monae, Jungle, Average White Band, Nao, Caravan Palace, Kamaal Williams, Kikagaku Moyo, Zara McFarlane
JP: Jon Hopkins, Tash Sultana, Sharon Van Etten, Bear's Den, Fat White Family, Tom Walker, Isaac Gracie, Easy Life, ETC Winner
Pa: Lykke Li, Loyle Carner, Shame, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Lucy Dacus, Superorganism, Let's Eat Grandma, Stella Donnelly, Art School Girlfriend

Brilliant line up. Friday looks huge. Alice in Chains then Foals at the Other. Yes please.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py:

SAT
Py:

SUN
Py:

I can get on board with this. Shift VW to Friday night Other headliner, Gambino to Sunday sub and find room for Confidence Man and you’ve got yourself a festival.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py:

SAT
Py: The Strokes
, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Bastille, The Raconteurs, The Roots, Michael Kiwanuka, Omar Souleyman, Bearfur

SUN
Py:

These clashes would cause me sleepless nights, you evil man you. 

I've stared at this for 10 minutes trying to work out what the hell I'd do. As it stands I think I'd go to Interpol from LG... but Orbital and Foals.... Fahk yoo mayn.

Edited by Stokesy10