Jump to content
dentalplan

2019 Stage Predictions

Recommended Posts

Your line-up always reminds me why I seem to spend more and more time at The Park, and subsequently why we've started choosing End of the Road over Glastonbury some years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frozenfish said:

What are your guys opinions on the likelihood of New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk playing? All seem to have Tours that have the potential to coincide...

new order and kraftwerk would be incredible. Saw New Order on the farm a few years ago - was wicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frozenfish said:

What are your guys opinions on the likelihood of New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk playing? All seem to have Tours that have the potential to coincide...

It's like you've seen into my nightmares.

613913161_giphy(10).gif.2e7a25e470aace876ed7e564b015de08.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frozenfish said:

What are your guys opinions on the likelihood of New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk playing? All seem to have Tours that have the potential to coincide...

Very slim chance of New Order, having played in 2016. I'd imagine PSB are too big for the available slots left and Kraftwerk could be the same but not sure. You might wanna have a look at Bluedot though, if you're not already familiar.

Image result for bluedot festival 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Anyone else think Four Tet could pull of a Park headline set? 

he did that a few years ago, probably too big now. could see him at headlining WH or JP instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

he did that a few years ago, probably too big now. could see him at headlining WH or JP instead.

I think he was three or four down the Park last time he played. He could probably still headline Park, and it may be more befitting too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Very slim chance of New Order, having played in 2016. I'd imagine PSB are too big for the available slots left and Kraftwerk could be the same but not sure. You might wanna have a look at Bluedot though, if you're not already familiar.

Image result for bluedot festival 2019

I thought we agreed as a forum that PSB meant Public Service Broadcast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think he was three or four down the Park last time he played. He could probably still headline Park, and it may be more befitting too.

just checked, he subbed on Friday night in 2014 (before Metronomy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

My dad is mates with Paul from Orbital (he repairs equipment and has fixed some stuff for them), they're headlining the John Peel not West Holts

This really opens up the possibilities for that final West Holts headliner then. Maybe it will be Hot Chip again after all but Jon Hopkins seems like the obvious electronic choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

just checked, he subbed on Friday night in 2014 (before Metronomy).

Fair I thought the 2 Bears subbed Metronomy that year. Do think Four Tet would be more suitable at The Park though, still. Won’t get overcrowded, surely?

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This really opens up the possibilities for that final West Holts headliner then. Maybe it will be Hot Chip again after all but Jon Hopkins seems like the obvious electronic choice.

Probably Hot Chip. We have two Other subs and many stronger candidates than Hot Chip for the last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

My dad is mates with Paul from Orbital (he repairs equipment and has fixed some stuff for them), they're headlining the John Peel not West Holts

Oh cool, quite surprised by that though. I wonder what night. 

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair I thought the 2 Bears subbed Metronomy that year. Do think Four Tet would be more suitable at The Park though, still. Won’t get overcrowded, surely?

I don't think it would, its a big space. But I'm notoriously bad at judging the size of (prospective) crowds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Oh cool, quite surprised by that though. I wonder what night. 

Stormzy / Tame Impala / Orbital / Hot Chip / another (I wanna say Doves) seems to slice things up quite evenly.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

This really opens up the possibilities for that final West Holts headliner then. Maybe it will be Hot Chip again after all but Jon Hopkins seems like the obvious electronic choice.

Could be Silk City too, no UK shows announced yet but both Diplo and Mark are playing seperately elsewhere in the UK earlier in June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon something like this then:

Friday:

Pyramid: Stormzy /Gambino
Other: Tame Impala
WH: Jon Hopkins
JP: Interpol
Park: Jarvis Cocker

Saturday:

Pyramid: The Killers / Liam Gallagher
Other: Chemical Brothers
WH: Wu-Tang Clan
JP: Doves
Park: Sharon Van Etten

Sunday:

Pyramid: The Cure / Vampire Weekend
Other: The Streets
WH: Janelle Monae
JP: Orbital
Park: King Gizz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PDAD said:

I reckon something like this then:

Friday:

Pyramid: Stormzy /Gambino
Other: Tame Impala
WH: Jon Hopkins
JP: Interpol
Park: Jarvis Cocker

Saturday:

Pyramid: The Killers / Liam Gallagher
Other: Chemical Brothers
WH: Wu-Tang Clan
JP: Doves
Park: Sharon Van Etten

Sunday:

Pyramid: The Cure / Vampire Weekend
Other: The Streets
WH: Janelle Monae
JP: Orbital
Park: King Gizz

Would probably be the least excited about any of my given headliner at a Glastonbury, but yeah, looks pretty realistic to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would probably be the least excited about any of my given headliner at a Glastonbury, but yeah, looks pretty realistic to me. 

I'm beginning to think I might be in trouble post 22.00 most nights. This is why I'm clinging resolutely to the YYY's dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wu v Chems v Doves on Saturday? What are you doing to me here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, srb said:

Wu v Chems v Doves on Saturday? What are you doing to me here? 

I'd be at Sharon Van Etten 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PDAD said:

I reckon something like this then:

Friday:

Pyramid: Stormzy /Gambino
Other: Tame Impala
WH: Jon Hopkins
JP: Interpol
Park: Jarvis Cocker

Saturday:

Pyramid: The Killers / Liam Gallagher
Other: Chemical Brothers
WH: Wu-Tang Clan
JP: Doves
Park: Sharon Van Etten

Sunday:

Pyramid: The Cure / Vampire Weekend
Other: The Streets
WH: Janelle Monae
JP: Orbital
Park: King Gizz

Oof King Gizzard closing the Park yes please.

Weren't Hot Chip TBC to headline either JP or WH Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Oof King Gizzard closing the Park yes please.

Weren't Hot Chip TBC to headline either JP or WH Friday?

I wasn't aware of that. The efests rumour page has them SR for unknown day, unknown stage so dunno.

Subbing Chems on the Other stage Saturday would fit pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's more a calculated guess than a nailed on shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I think that's more a calculated guess than a nailed on shout.

I’d say that predictions pretty nailed on. Cure, Killers and Stormzy are nailed, Tame Impala, Chems and Streets are, why wouldn’t you think so?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I’d say that predictions pretty nailed on. Cure, Killers and Stormzy are nailed, Tame Impala, Chems and Streets are, why wouldn’t you think so?

He’s on about Hot Chip headlining Fri West Holts.

Not really sure what the score is re: Hot Chip on WH. @eFestivals did you hear something that made you take them off the stage completely when you got the Wu Tang news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

My dad is mates with Paul from Orbital (he repairs equipment and has fixed some stuff for them), they're headlining the John Peel not West Holts

Hopefully Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...