2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can't see George Ezra anywhere other than subbing the Pyramid, personally. I see the logic of putting a younger sub against The Cure, but Ezra has exploded over the past year and subbing the Pyramid is the biggest slot he could get, and what his camp would be after IMO.

I personally think the Sunday Other headliner is TBC.

George would go down a treat for the locals I suppose

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

somewhere for his tourdates it says Friday. For Friday I can't really see where he'd be apart from subbing the Pyramid.

However, there's that thing going around that says the Friday is Stormzy, Lauryn Hill, and Bastille ... which would mean Ezra was somewhere else, perhaps on another day.

It's just occurred to me that we've not worked out who Sunday headliner is for Other. Whoever it is, it's going to be a younger act to contrast with The Cure. Ezra?

Ezra will’ve been booked long before they had to find a Prodigy replacement and I really can’t see him anywhere other than Pyramid sub at this point. Maybe he’s on the Sunday instead of the Friday, but I’d bet him under Stormzy is still on. 

Sunday Pyramid sub and Other headliner still up for grabs unless we’ve just missed out on somebody obvious for the former.

2 hours ago, Hawros said:

Yeah, listening to what Dan Bastille said again, and think we have our Friday Pyramid run of Bastile > Lauren Hill > Ezra > Stormzy.

someone posted to say no Ezra, and that he had info on that that wasn't from the Bastille interview.

I reckon there's a decent chance what he'd heard was from that interview, but you never know he might be on the money.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

someone posted to say no Ezra, and that he had info on that that wasn't from the Bastille interview.

I reckon there's a decent chance what he'd heard was from that interview, but you never know he might be on the money.

I’d say without Ezra that it’s very very weak! 

(I’m not an Ezra fanboy but he’s undoubtably huge at the minute)

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d say without Ezra that it’s very very weak! 

(I’m not an Ezra fanboy but he’s undoubtably huge at the minute)

I know basically nothing about Ezra, but it is a bit rubbish that we were assuming there would be two acts between Lauryn Hill and Stormzy, and Ezra takes up the "missing" sub. I guess not as many big acts to come! Not that it matters, the rest of the lineup is already grand ?

Seem to be missing an act on the Avalon lineup unless someone is playing twice/they have lost a slot somewhere from last year.

Here is what I have at the moment (Highlighted acts are confirmed day).

FRIDAY

image.thumb.png.057812b0551139b0ea9e91f860c04e42.png

SATURDAY

image.thumb.png.6b308e87510d35d1c2a3f38deb384960.png

SUNDAY

image.thumb.png.622075e6d38251c07d9069f29a5d3b43.png

Don't really think they'll have Bananrama headline the Sunday, but them + Reef would be a nice duo for me that maaay be able to sway me away from Janelle. Not sure who would be better to slot in there though (maybe put Banarama in before Skinny Lister and bump the other 2 up?)

Edited by Mattymooz

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Seem to be missing an act on the Avalon lineup unless someone is playing twice/they have lost a slot somewhere from last year.

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Don't really think they'll have Bananrama headline the Sunday, but them + Reef would be a nice duo for me that maaay be able to sway me away from Janelle. Not sure who would be better to slot in there though (maybe put Banarama in before Skinny Lister and bump the other 2 up?)

‘Nana ‘Rama will likely be mid-afternoon. There’s a sort of novelty slot at that time, no one else on Sunday fits that bill.

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Sure there was something saying Reef were headlining (May of been the band themselves)

43 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Hobo Jones not opening proceedings on the Friday!? Shock! Horror!

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Beans into Cut Capers is an awesome Saturday afternoon. 

I'm sure Beans will play a few times over the festival. 

It's just occurred to me that West Holts have given us full day splits and positions. Has any other stage/area done that?

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on Sunday John Peel headliner? I've currently got nowhere to go... 

Holding out hope for Orbital. 

Edited by zeppelin

Just now, zeppelin said:

It's just occurred to me that West Holts have given us full day splits and positions. Has any other stage/area done that?

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on Sunday John Peel headliner? I've currently got nowhere to go... 

Orbital is a good shout for that slot probably now. I doubt they'd want to clash them with Hoppo or Chems if possible, so Sunday seems like the logical night (With Placebo and Streets/Interpol/Snow Patrol on the other days)

Edited by Mattymooz

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I’m hoping for The Streets

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Orbital is a good shout for that slot probably now. I doubt they'd want to clash them with Hoppo or Chems if possible, so Sunday seems like the logical night (With Placebo and Streets/Interpol/Snow Patrol on the other days)

That was my thinking. Although it gives me three very electronic headliners! Ha. Although last year I said I said I wanted Four Tet (Park), Chems (Other), and Orbital (WH) so this is more than alright! 

Would happily have Placebo in that final spot though. 

25 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m hoping for The Streets

I saw The Streets in Leeds on their first run of comeback shows and they were amazing! Could be a good shout on the night tbf.