Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Second the echoes that are a bit disappointed at the tour news. I've seen them at the O2 three times now so was really hoping for a bit of a change without having to make the trek somewhere else. I assume the 'feeling more intimate' statements from Matty just mean it'll be closer to the summer sonic/ R&L production levels than the big light boxes. Might head up north for a date and make a bit more of a weekend of it but I'll probably wait to hear the album first this time.

26 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I presume there'll be a new record out by then? Otherwise it's a bit of a weird one doing a big hometown stadium gig two years after your album came out, even if he will sell it out.

I don’t see this as weird at all. It will be well under 2 years since release by the time he plays that show and he certainly couldn’t have done it at the start of the tour. It will likely be the end of the 17GU cycle though, and maybe you’ll get “Would you like to hear a new one?”

Got Harry Styles tickets for my girlfriend this morning and that was just another example of why Glastonbury's ticket process is probably as good as it can be. Ticketmaster just shoved me in a random queue where you're stuck until it's your turn whereas I got through very quickly on SeeTickets by hammering F5. It's not perfect but I much prefer it to being randomly placed in a queue where you have no hope of getting anything.

• Like 1

I might have missed this but did we know Bobby Dylan was touring the UK in Oct/Nov?

https://www.songkick.com/artists/408511-bob-dylan

20 gigs in UK - loads at London Palladium, manchester apollo Dec 2nd

Tickets on sale Monday

Edited by chuckles07

32 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

I might have missed this but did we know Bobby Dylan was touring the UK in Oct/Nov?

https://www.songkick.com/artists/408511-bob-dylan

20 gigs in UK - loads at London Palladium, manchester apollo Dec 2nd

Tickets on sale Monday

I think people probably did know but didn't bother mentioning it because he is notoriously shit live nowadays.

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I think people probably did know but didn't bother mentioning it because he is notoriously shit live nowadays.

It seems he has added the manchester date yesterday which was new to me.

Yeah I have heard that you often struggle to understand what song he is playing at any point. I wonder if the smaller (v BST etc) concert hall venues might make him/it more user friendly? 🙂

I really enjoyed rough and rowdy ways........