Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

After this absolute arseburger of a year I'm going to as many gigs as I can humanly manage next year.  So long as I don't do too many back to back gigs than leave me falling asleep while I'm meant to be working I'll be fine :D

I can't wait for the time, whenever it happens, when the current restrictions are lifted and we can attend proper gigs again. It'll feel so special.

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm actually going to go for the Circa Waves gig a month before where they're main support (at the same venue!) - Spinn are on too so its 3 bands I like for the price of 1. 

SPINN and RRC are supporting!? well thank you for that very good news as i've actually already got tickets for that gig! will still most likely get tickets for their headline show as like Quark i am trying to attend as many gigs next year as possible seeing as this year has been a shambles

Not a gig announcement but last night I got a ticket to see Brockhampton in Bristol next year. It sold out within a minute or so when it first went on sale last year (as the gig has been rescheduled) but I'll take the small victory! Someone was selling one for just over face value on the Ticketmaster Resale platform so all above board.

Pre ordering the new Cribs album gets you access to a pre sale of an as yet unannounced tour, good to know there's one happening though, I've missed them. Cribsmas 2021 please. New song is a proper ear worm and in some ways it's the punk Don't Wanna Miss A Thing of our generation. Don't @ me.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sod it. Bought into Dua Lipa futures.  Then when the gig inevitably gets moved to a much better date I'll be sitting pretty.

Is that at the SSE? What's current date on that one?

Ours at the O2 was moved to end of Jan, so either it stays where it is and there's something nice in the cold dark months, or gets moved again as something to look forward to.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Disclosure club shows. Seems optimistic theyre booking January and announcing it now.

FE9C1465-7F49-461C-BAF4-AA1EA0E96129.jpeg

Yeah this seems pretty wild, especially because these are small gigs for them and so are bound to sell out ASAP. Are we just gonna start acting like the virus is old news come January 1st?

15 hours ago, Odessa said:

Tour announcement announcement. Hype. 

Screenshot_20200821-180908_Twitter.jpg

I hope they don't just go the academies route, I'll still go if they do though, I've seen them in 5 different venues in Manchester so they're clearly happy to mix it up. Hoping for Ritz.

Edit: that's 5 different venues since they've been big, not them making their way up. 

Edited by priest17

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wouldn’t think they’re big enough nowadays, ‘cept in Leeds.

I always completely overestimate their popularity so you're probably right, last 3 times though they sold out 4 nights at Gorilla, Academy 1 and Albert Hall though so they might feel warranted to go for it. Works in my favour if they don't. Like I say, Ritz would be good (bout 1,500 cap, dunno similar sizes out there). Keeping my eyes peeled for a practice show at Brudenell.

7 hours ago, priest17 said:

I always completely overestimate their popularity so you're probably right, last 3 times though they sold out 4 nights at Gorilla, Academy 1 and Albert Hall though so they might feel warranted to go for it. Works in my favour if they don't. Like I say, Ritz would be good (bout 1,500 cap, dunno similar sizes out there). Keeping my eyes peeled for a practice show at Brudenell.

Now that I'm no longer a Manchester resident I now have to go and stay wherever the gig ends up being (presuming no liverpool show) so we're just heading to the Leeds gig on the tour whatever the venue. 

Ritz 2015 was amazing, one of my favourite Cribs gigs. Albert Hall was good too, as was Academy 2013. And actually XFM Winter Wonderland 2009.

That Victoria Warehouse one in 2018 was pretty awesome too. And supporting Foos at the Etihad. 

Loved the set but not the atmosphere for the anniversary tour in 2017. Leeds Academy for Cribsmas 2013, Glasto 2015, Y Not 2016, Fest #6 2017...so many great Cribs gigs - probably the most consistent band in terms of gig enjoyment. I forget how many times I've seen them! 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this seems pretty wild, especially because these are small gigs for them and so are bound to sell out ASAP. Are we just gonna start acting like the virus is old news come January 1st?

I’m interested in this disclosure gig for Bristol providing some satisfactory safety outcome to get it on can be found.

anyone got an idea of how these presale things work. It says you need to buy and album but then says * no purchase necessary?? 
also a fair few mates would be keen for this. If I did buy an album how many tickets could you normally get on presale??.

Can anyone shed any light on how this works in practice? Also would price for gig be announced.

Might not want to shell out £15 for new album only to find gig is so expensive I couldn’t go anyway 

help!?!

Edited by internetjef