Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:28 AM, ilikesimpsons said:

Sorry if this is a bit long, just got home from the gig. Was a really great night. Went with my gf and parents, mum was in a high risk category because of her asthma so was a little nervous about going, has barely been out of the house since lockdown, but she said she felt really safe there with the measures the venue took - physically distanced (They said at the gig there’s no need to socially distance yourself from anyone, just physically distance) queue with staggered entry times we were sent before.
Shown to our table where preordered drinks were delivered, you had table service or if it was quiet you could go to the bar. All staff & photographers were wearing masks throughout, crowd all seemed to mask up in the queue, remove at tables, but remask if moving around the venue.

Asked not to get up and dance, sing or cheer. Just clap and stamp feet. Tbh I’m not sure how enforceable that is, or ever will be especially with the addition of alcohol. A few people got up towards the end and had a little dance at their table and it’s hard to tell if someone is mouthing along or singing, + I guess if you really wanted to sing along just put your mask on and nobody can really see & it’s stopping you spread so much.

They were very hot though on if you were blatantly breaking the rules, one group of lads, who’d had a bit too much fun in the afternoon were shouting & not observing the one way system around the venue, they got a warning, cut off at the bar & eventually one was asked to leave.

The gig itself, amazing. Very emotional being back in a venue and that buzz and excitement before someone comes on stage. The lights, proper sound and no buffering haha, the acts seemed genuinely chuffed to be back infront of an audience as well, it was just a really positive atmosphere.

It’s a long way off being perfect and back to normal, but it was a big step in the right direction. Fingers crossed we start to see a few more pop up in the coming months.

Also we’ve all totally lost our night vision for in venues/clubs. Wow it was so dark walking in there, couldn’t see a thing for the first 20min 😂 

58F1C2C4-C444-4A9F-8959-48A9B3BB9239.jpeg

Thanks so much for the write up, it must have felt truly brilliant - surreal but brilliant.  fascinating

You were there when a piece of history was made for sure- cherish that moment and thanks again. Good to hear how it was to be there

On 8/1/2020 at 4:49 AM, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah it seems that the O2 gig is priced between £30-£35 before fees which is amazing. Cheaper than my Doves ticket I nabbed this week for Brighton Dome

Theyre ensuring they sell a lot of tickets because they arent trying to gouge anyone. Theyll make a lot of their money off merch sales for sure. Plus this is a casualty of a post covid world where agents cant be asking for a pile of money for their acts.

Also with currency conversion and fees in north america that would probably come out to $75 for standing. Not even including vip packages and such. 

Edited by Suprefan

On 8/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1596482175490.jpg

Just on the off chance - I'm after two tickets for this, but can't convince anyone else to go with to make up the 4. £100 is quite expensive, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and Van is a hero!

Is anyone else in the same position and is after 2 tickets themselves and wants to go in together for 4 tickets?

Thanks,
Alan

13 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Just on the off chance - I'm after two tickets for this, but can't convince anyone else to go with to make up the 4. £100 is quite expensive, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and Van is a hero!

Is anyone else in the same position and is after 2 tickets themselves and wants to go in together for 4 tickets?

Thanks,
Alan

I was rather tempted to go but that's way too much :(

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Lot of named hashtags on this, could be a festival? The Mission already announced for Bearded Theory. 

Some special event with musical guests probably. Seems to have a random hodgepodge of names from like Slowdive, Twilight Sad to GNR, The Cure, Depeche Mode whose bands couldn’t all possibly be at the same concert series or festival.

Edited by dentalplan