Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Exclusive?  That sucks, FAK are one of those bands I always make time for at a festival.

Yeah it’s been confirmed on their social media pages as an exclusive, I saw them play there in 2014 and were excellent as always so I’ll look forward to this performance as well 

615DD095-EB6C-45F4-B162-B944BC373479.jpeg

Sun Kil Moon’s UK tour which he announced this week (as far as I’m aware) for next February has been cancelled already “due to Covid-19”

nothing to do with the recent allegations. nope. he just announced a tour and cancelled it in the same week. blaming it on Covid is quite pathetic tbh

Edited by finn_with_1_n

On 8/12/2020 at 9:19 PM, JHad said:

Looks like there's some actual live music happening in the garden of the Victoria in Dalston over the next three Sunday afternoons. 'The Great Outdoors', hosted by Egyptian Elbows and Hard of Hearing in aid of the Music Venue Trust from £3.50 upwards with donations added to that. I'd imagine it's very limited capacity.

Link to the first one here: https://dice.fm/event/5er9k-egyptian-elbows-x-hard-of-hearing-giveth-the-great-outdoors-16th-aug-the-victoria-london-tickets. First week is Sleep Eaters, Tugboat Captain, Honeyglaze & Seabass. Other two line-ups also have these bands as placeholders on event pages, but these are TBA.

I picked up tickets to all 3 weeks - I think I caught Tugboat Captain somewhere once and they were fairly enjoyable, but I've not heard of the others. It's LIVE MUSIC though! (hopefully).

Line-ups for first two weeks now confirmed.

Tomorrow (Sunday 16th): Seabass, Honeyglaze, Tugboat Captain, Sleep Eaters

Sunday 23rd: Oscar Browne, Blackaby, Rainn Byrns, Dan Lyons

Very much looking forward to live music tomorrow, but a little nervous as it'll be my first time in any kind of pub/venue/eatery in 5 months. Will report back on how it all goes.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:39 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah it’s been confirmed on their social media pages as an exclusive, I saw them play there in 2014 and were excellent as always so I’ll look forward to this performance as well 

615DD095-EB6C-45F4-B162-B944BC373479.jpeg

Hope they do more festivals including Glastonbury and maybe a tour next year. Great to see them releasing on the road again in support of backstage and road crews. We had tickets for their last U.K. tour in May 19 but they cancelled that tour due to pregnancy 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

On 8/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, JHad said:

Line-ups for first two weeks now confirmed.

Tomorrow (Sunday 16th): Seabass, Honeyglaze x Tugboat Captain, Sleep Eaters

Sunday 23rd: Oscar Browne, Blackaby, Rainn Byrns, Dan Lyons

Very much looking forward to live music tomorrow, but a little nervous as it'll be my first time in any kind of pub/venue/eatery in 5 months. Will report back on how it all goes.

Well, that was... strange. It was amazing to be back watching live music in an intimate setting. I had my 'gig smile' back and felt waves of joy at what was happening! However, you had to sit on picnic benches and being by myself I had to find somewhere to perch with groups which was a bit awkward given social distancing etc. It was definitely too tight to feel comfortable at the moment and not a single person wore a mask. I met some great people though - I'd forgotten how many like-minded people you find at gigs to chat with! I tried to stand at the back occasionally, but it was long and thin garden and you couldn't hear that much. Security wanted everyone sitting too (seemingly except the two people stood directly in front of me near the front through the last band). Another awkward part was going into the pub, especially to use the toilet. I'm sorry to those who've been back frequenting pubs for a while but it still doesn't sit right with me.

Quick band review. Seabass were really pretty good and had a full band - wouldn't mind seeing them in a proper venue, as support to someone perhaps; Honeyglaze x Tugboat Captain - just the two of them, but played some enjoyable stuff from both bands and had some good melodies which fitted the setting; Sleep Eaters weren't very good at all - I think they were folksy but their sound didn't carry at all well in the venue, so possibly not their fault. All very chilled and low sound levels given the setting and having to be careful with the neighbours, but I think the fuller band of Seabass still worked best.

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

New tour from Squid. Some pretty big venues here for a band without an album in sight.

I'm seeing them in Manchester at a venue around 1/5th the capacity of Albert Hall less than 2 months before then they play there which is pretty mad. Was supposed to be September last March originally I guess.

The second time they postponed it they said they'd definitely be playing new music so I figure they'll have an album out for sure by these dates, they are all signed up and that now. 

15 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i've been meaning to catch these live for a little while now, often find myself going back to listen to Matador and it's not often i'll listen to an album back to back over my playlist, will definitely be getting tickets for this and fingers crossed it goes ahead!

Yup, Gnomicide sings their praises quite regularly. Their new stuff sounds pretty good too, and they're playing Brighton.

Made the mistake of checking the listings for Brighton next year.  I now have far more in my shopping basket than I have pennies for at the moment! :lol:

After this absolute arseburger of a year I'm going to as many gigs as I can humanly manage next year.  So long as I don't do too many back to back gigs than leave me falling asleep while I'm meant to be working I'll be fine :D