Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I stuck The Music's debut on the other day after seeing this announcement. Probably around 15 years since I last listened to it. Take The Long Road And Walk It and Truth Is No Words still sound pretty good but the rest of the album hasn't aged well at all. 

If they came on the scene two years after they did they would have sounded dated, which explains why their shelf life was so short. They were effectively ended by Kasabian when Chris Karloff and his mob became the approved Primal Scream imitators.

That said, the Temple Newsam gig is very locally geared for the people of West Yorkshire who still hold a candle for this lot. I'm sure there are many. Can't knock it. Can't see them being signed up at Glastonbury, but they'll likely do a couple of circuits of yer Kendals, yer Victoriouses and yer Penn Fests.

Edited by dentalplan

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If they came on the scene two years after they did they would have sounded dated, which explains why their shelf life was so short. They were effectively ended by Kasabian when Chris Karloff and his mob became the approved Primal Scream imitators.

That said, the Temple Newsam gig is very locally geared for the people of West Yorkshire who still hold a candle for this lot. I'm sure there are many. Can't knock it. Can't see them being signed up at Glastonbury, but they'll likely do a couple of circuits of yer Kendals, yer Victoriouses and yer Penn Fests.

I dunno, seem like prime daytime Other fodder to me.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My friend knows one of the band. She told me The Cribs were supporting someone in Leeds a couple of weeks ago but kept her promise and didn't reveal the main act. Not that I've ever knowingly listened to them... 

At some point I'll try to get her to find out if they'll be there. 

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not so sure about that. The stage gets a label for hosting soon-to-be-forgotten modern indie bands, some grizzled old veterans that used to be huge and then some acts in between, but a band straight out of a time capsule from 2003 with no cultural cachet beyond that moment in time is definitely outside the norm imo. The festival booking Skunk Anansie and The Lightning Seeds for it this year was a bit along those lines but at least they have history with the festival.

The Specials, the ska legends announce UK tour for August/September 2021,

Swindon Oasis Centre, 31 Aug
Plymouth Pavilions, 02 Sept
Bournemouth Windsor Hall, 03
Brighton Centre, 04
Glasgow Barrowland, 06
Edinburgh Usher Hall, 07
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 09
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 10
Coventry Ricoh Arena, 11
Hull Bonus Arena, 13
Blackpool Empress Ballroom, 14