2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

Thanks but no it doesn't. It means she has 131 million followers on Instagram which equates to have a big following within a certain demographic. It certainly doesn't equate to her being the first choice to headline every festival though.

Nice girl though

She's a great role model but in essence people follow on Instagram a lot with nearly no interest at all. Only take a double tap after all.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, ivan said:

A couple of posters on here insist that they have good info that they are headlining 

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Have there, haven’t seen one...

3 hours ago, billum said:

Yeah I can't remember (in general, but specifically) did the info actually say they were tipped for headlining, or just playing?

Be pretty surprised if they headlined even the Other stage next year, it could be a Sandé-scale emptyathon all over again...

Or maybe bringing their Gentleprats of the Road show to various bits of the fest?

There was one person who said once that they'd heard Mumford were headlining, and then Mouseboy and Dental who keep saying it to take the piss, and somehow people keep taking them seriously.

But they clearly haven't fallen to Other headline level yet, never mind below that.

24 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Watching The Black Eyed Peas tonight (original 3 minus Fergie), just came out with a really good hip hop record. Any chance of these to headline or sub next year?

Lol even at their peak of cultural relevance they were only playing West Holts. If they did get booked it'd be, like, headlining a stage in Silver Hayes or something. 

6 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Well, dunno... Don't think she's headliner material just yet, so if it would happen I'd say third down Pyramid. First she wasn't about to tour next year (needing time off), but that has changed last week. Wouldn't the headliners be booked by now...? Last album wasn't exactly well-received, but I have to base this on opinions of others because this isn't my type of music.

Her latest album (sweetener) has been really well recieved. I'm not a fan of pink, katy perry, etc, but Ariana's latest album I think puts her on a higher level than she previously was. She's putting herself in a league with popstars like madonna, beyonce, not pink and katy. 

If she was there I cant see her doing anything other than headline. I would be pleased, as id love to see her and would never go to a stadium show otherwise.

I dont think she'll be there though. 

28 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

i got a feeling they headlined WH... I was there rather than see Blur.

They did both, but the claim that they only headlined WH at the peak of their cultural relevance was rubbish as they subbed the Pyramid 5 years earlier, which was obvs their peak.

They seem a weird booking for WH in 2009, to me. They were pretty massive/mainstream then, weren't they? I knew they'd headlined WH but didn't know what year they did it - I always assumed it was before they became massive on the back of Elephunk.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They did both, but the claim that they only headlined WH at the peak of their cultural relevance was rubbish as they subbed the Pyramid 5 years earlier, which was obvs their peak.

They seem a weird booking for WH in 2009, to me. They were pretty massive/mainstream then, weren't they? I knew they'd headlined WH but didn't know what year they did it - I always assumed it was before they became massive on the back of Elephunk.

fuck knows how they got a sub spot.... It was horrible in WH in 2009...

Myself and eldest daughter had tickets for Blur in Hyde Park the week after and so relented to my youngests pleas to see Black Eyed Peas.... They obviously didnt remember much of their Pyramid slot 5 years earlier as Will.I.Am bellowed out "hello London..!!"

Miserable.

I hear that Blur were shit though..??!!

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Her latest album (sweetener) has been really well recieved. I'm not a fan of pink, katy perry, etc, but Ariana's latest album I think puts her on a higher level than she previously was. She's putting herself in a league with popstars like madonna, beyonce, not pink and katy. 

If she was there I cant see her doing anything other than headline. I would be pleased, as id love to see her and would never go to a stadium show otherwise.

I dont think she'll be there though. 

I may have been reading some critical media and cherry-picked the bad things for my memory :lol: Which isn't uncommon nowadays in general, I think. But yeah, I did a bit of research and indeed it was well received. The bangers/hits of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were something I could definitely follow/understand and enjoy, but Ariana went completely under my radar and I haven't really felt it too. Probably me getting older. Know her mostly as guest in late night talkshows (e.g., Jimmy Fallon), and she's fun. Evidently she has a great voice, but songs don't do much to me. But hey, then I'm really enjoying boygenius while writing this :P

Edited by StupidDream
Too much 'e'

Possibly unfair, misguided and overly rockist but the pop headliners of Glastonburys past and pretty much all of the suggested potentials have massive hits that have penetrated a wider consciousness; I don't think Ariana Grande has a single one and will mainly appeal to people actively tuning into the pop channels/stations and breathing it in. This is no good for Glastonbury and its average age of 39. By the looks of it, she will eventually reach that level but we can probably lay off seriously considering until then.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Possibly unfair, misguided and overly rockist but the pop headliners of Glastonburys past and pretty much all of the suggested potentials have massive hits that have penetrated a wider consciousness; I don't think Ariana Grande has a single one and will mainly appeal to people actively tuning into the pop channels/stations and breathing it in. This is no good for Glastonbury and its average age of 39. By the looks of it, she will eventually reach that level but we can probably lay off seriously considering until then.

I could probably recognise 1 or 2 singles on the radio, but that's it. I've a lot of time and respect for her, and not just over the way she handled the bombing, but she's not got enough behind her yet. Someone like Pink has been going since the 90's so will be familiar with a wider audience, and she has some instantly recognisable tunes.

7 hours ago, StupidDream said:

I may have been reading some critical media and cherry-picked the bad things for my memory :lol: Which isn't uncommon nowadays in general, I think. But yeah, I did a bit of research and indeed it was well received. The bangers/hits of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga were something I could definitely follow/understand and enjoy, but Ariana went completely under my radar and I haven't really felt it too. Probably me getting older. Know her mostly as guest in late night talkshows (e.g., Jimmy Fallon), and she's fun. Evidently she has a great voice, but songs don't do much to me. But hey, then I'm really enjoying boygenius while writing this :P

I knew the main song that all didn'treally know who sang it. She's got extra credibility for what she did obviously and it's opened eyes to her but I still couldn't name 3 of her songs. I think she would be lucky to get offered a sub personally....3rd down bot clashing I'd go and see her but I wouldn't for a more important higher clash.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I like the one she does about being shagged so much she can't walk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Max Martin is a god. 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is this a guess or a fact?