2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, battleborn said:

There's a lot of valid arguments against them headlining but that isn't one. Firstly because they aren't shit, and secondly because some absolute shit have headlined Glastonbury.

You’re right they are double shit.

Shit bands can headline, but double shit bands can’t. 

12 minutes ago, battleborn said:

My Chemical Romance and Blink 182 both rumoured to reform later this year or early next year, could they headline Glastonbury?

No they aren't. You're making up shit for your imaginary imagination. G-Way is bringing out a solo album and Tom Delonge is living life as a broke Elon Musk.

Edited by dentalplan

16 minutes ago, battleborn said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8480700/travis-barker-tom-delonge-182-reunion-rumors

https://www.nme.com/news/music/my-chemical-romance-reunion-tour-rumours-2225078

Anyway in roughly the same sphere what about AC/DC / KISS / Aerosmith / Ozzy Osbourne / Green Day. Do they meet your clearly ridiculous standards of bands big enough to headline Glastonbury?

Those rumours have already been binned.

9 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Pretty sure they play Download or Reading mate.... avoid the prawn sandwich brigade. 

PSB vs PSB vs PSB

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, battleborn said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8480700/travis-barker-tom-delonge-182-reunion-rumors

Anyway in roughly the same sphere what about AC/DC / KISS / Aerosmith / Ozzy Osbourne / Green Day. Do they meet your clearly ridiculous standards of bands big enough to headline Glastonbury?

11 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Pretty sure they play Download or Reading mate.... avoid the prawn sandwich brigade. 

You're such a weird poster...

18 minutes ago, battleborn said:

OK, let's do this logically and without using the "bands are shit" argument. And just to get it out early, I don't think any of the bands you've listed are headliners anymore.

The comparisons you've got there are a bit off for starters.  Blink 182 and MCR, with the best will in the world, are not in the same sphere as AC/DC, Aerosmith and Ozzy.  You've got three bands there with huuuuuge back catalogues and 40 odd years of tunes. Age doesn't make a good band by any stretch, but those guys have massive back catalogues.

KISS probably have an equivalent number of hits to be honest, but they've got a big old classic nostalgia thing going on.

Green Day are probably closest and would stand up to the comparison a bit better.

Neither MCR or Blink 182 are big enough IN THE RIGHT FANBASE to headline.  Pop punk and emo aren't really the zeitgeist at the moment, and they're not exactly bands that a wider demographic is looking at for a reunion.  They'd be a massive draw at somewhere like Reading or maybe Download, but not Glastonbury. Could they play? Absolutely. Could they be high or headline Other? Yes. Are they pyramid headliners? nope.

If the Headliner thread over the years has taught me anything it is this: the majority of people that post on the Headliner thread don't know shit about what bands are popular or "big enough" to headline Glastonbury (either Pyramid or Other).

Also why the hell would Blink 182 or MCR come within a country mile of Glastonbury!??!  There are much more suitable and popular festivals for them to appear at without the sneering hordes of people that would rather be watching The National and w*nking themselves into a stupor about how wonderful it all is.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, battleborn said:

My Chemical Romance are a band pretty much everyone goes through a phase of loving them, it would be pretty cool to see Eavis take a risk and book them if they reformed. A lot of people would go and see them for nostalgia factor. Especially if they came back with a more mainstream album.

I don't know of a single person that likes them, or has done at any point of their lives.

Edited by eastynh

20 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

There are much more suitable and popular festivals for them to appear at without the sneering hordes of people that would rather be watching The National and w*nking themselves into a stupor about how wonderful it all is.

Of all my hobbies, I probs do enjoy this the most.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, battleborn said:

The thing is though, The National are shit. The fact they book bands like that is exactly why I don't go to Glastonbury. Paul McCartney's good but like fuck am I watching the rest of the egotistical self-fellating nonsense that is on the main stages at Glastonbury. Courteeneers, Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, The National are all utter stage-filling shite. 

Have you considered that maybe a Glastonbury forum isn't the place for you then?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, battleborn said:

The thing is though, The National are shit. The fact they book bands like that is exactly why I don't go to Glastonbury. Paul McCartney's good but like fuck am I watching the rest of the egotistical self-fellating nonsense that is on the main stages at Glastonbury. Courteeneers, Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, The National are all utter stage-filling shite. 

4 bands (out of 100s) from 2 stages (out of what, 50+ ?) last year.

Work it out.

Edited by jyoung

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I shall have a listen to them while making my tea and waiting for the match to come on. I just presumed they were angsty, shouty, guitar bollocks.

Nah, they're the 21st century's Queen. Wonderful, self-aware camp, bags of melodrama, some of the biggest hooks in all of Christendom, hugely triggering to the po-faced hoardes.

Not at all far from Gaga really.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
  • Upvote 2