2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 hours ago, TheNoise said:

Wow, I saw the hot replies and thought somebody knew something. 

So to summerise, somebody heard a rumour (which I can't find on google) that MCR are getting back together (can't see it myself) and people are taking great pride in never having heard of them (really ?) whilst saying Glasto is for everyone (as long as it's not MCR).

Well I may as well stick my two penn'orth in.

1. They won't get back together, I can't see Gerard doing it after speaking very publicly about how it affected him.

2. They couldn't headline Glasto, not the main stages anyway.

3. They have some banging tunes.

4. They are brilliant for boogieing to at a festival, I got bored watching Ozzy at Download  and wandered over to the Karaoke bar (I think that's what it was called) and had a wonderful time dancing to MCR and others.

Teenagers and I’m Not OK are bangers. 

10 hours ago, TheNoise said:

Wow, I saw the hot replies and thought somebody knew something. 

So to summerise, somebody heard a rumour (which I can't find on google) that MCR are getting back together (can't see it myself) and people are taking great pride in never having heard of them (really ?) whilst saying Glasto is for everyone (as long as it's not MCR).

Well I may as well stick my two penn'orth in.

1. They won't get back together, I can't see Gerard doing it after speaking very publicly about how it affected him.

2. They couldn't headline Glasto, not the main stages anyway.

3. They have some banging tunes.

4. They are brilliant for boogieing to at a festival, I got bored watching Ozzy at Download  and wandered over to the Karaoke bar (I think that's what it was called) and had a wonderful time dancing to MCR and others.

They could absolutely headline Other or JP at least. 

Imagine the fucking scenes when MCR walk on stage in 5 years time. Gerard steps up to the mic and starts singing The End, entire crowd is bellowing along, hands held aloft. What follows is the greatest headline set the Pyramid has ever played host to. After closing on The Black Parade, the band is carried out by the crowd, marching into the streets of Britain. Through all of the villages, towns and cities, people come out of their houses to join the Black Parade. Eventually the march reaches Downing Street, Chemical and the Lads are installed immediately as the new government. A new age for Britain and the world begins.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

So nearly 9700 posts in and we are all agreed a reformed My Chemical Romance and Ariana Grande all set to storm the Pyramid. Marvellous scenes!

Thankfully there are a lot of other things to do at Glasto if this was the case..... ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I'd love a bit of pop punk at Glasto I must admit. Maybe not MCR (are they even pop-punk? You know what I mean..) but someone along those lines. I think Green Day would be superb here.

I am probably in the minority (hehe) in thinking that Green Day will eventually be booked to headline Glastonbury. But they will be.

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

https://m.skybet.com/music-specials/glastonbury-specials/event/22722427

I know the odds are meaningless really but I'm still confused about who is betting enough on The Strokes to headline that they're now 4/7.

Strokes now 1/2, WTAF?  If ever there was a year they were going to do it, it would not be alongside Macca and The Cure.

Swifty,  meanwhile, out to 12/1...