2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I dunno, her tours are normally instant arena sell-outs, and I wouldn't be shocked to see stadiums when she eventually gets to the UK... But I can't see that they would have just thrown a world tour together last week. I'd imagine it has been booked for months. As far as I know, too, her album was raved about by fans. My girlfriend has been listening to it non-stop, and she had absolutely zero interest in her before.

It's a bit like P!nk as discussed here earlier. Loads of sold-out stadiums in upcoming tour, but few who believe she would headline Glastonbury. Something with their fans who aren't typically festival go-ers. Of course she's some 'credibility' with most people after Manchester, sort of weird positive publicity. Has she ever done festivals...?

Ariana's new album is an absolute belter. Full of bangers. Songs to dance to. Not just for teens and kids as mentioned earlier. Doubt she'll be at the farm but I'll definitely try for tour tickets when it is announced. Think she's a v credible artist and comes across as a great person. 

Edited by jyoung
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ivan said:

A couple of posters on here insist that they have good info that they are headlining 

Ughh. Mind you it was funny in 2013 with Nick Cave Motherf**king with an incredibly loud set just before them, many bemused M&S fans to be seen.

41 minutes ago, ivan said:

A couple of posters on here insist that they have good info that they are headlining 

Yeah I can't remember (in general, but specifically) did the info actually say they were tipped for headlining, or just playing?

Be pretty surprised if they headlined even the Other stage next year, it could be a Sandé-scale emptyathon all over again...

Or maybe bringing their Gentleprats of the Road show to various bits of the fest?

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Ariana Grande has this week announced the start of her 2019 world tour. The US leg has been revealed, which ends on 18 June... Could just be a coincidence, but I feel like this could be an ultimate Emily Eavis booking to get Ariana. She's probably the biggest female pop star on the planet right now, and is generally liked by the public.

Thoughts?

Not close to the biggest popstar on the planet but exactly the type of act Eavis would go for given their charity roots and her Manchester concert. 3rd down on Saturday I'd say....she would get a massive crowd.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've only heard Blood Sugar Sex Magik - every single song is about having a boner and features Anthony Kiedis going "Yabba dabba do, I've got a big boner" like a fratboy Fred Flintstone.

Yeah some of them do. Others not so much. But that wouldn't make for a chucklesome quip (which makes up 90% of my posts so fair enough)

But the albums are varied enough that making the full judgement on a single album a nonsense. Nonsense I say!

You'll probably still not like 'em mind :D

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not close to the biggest popstar on the planet but exactly the type of act Eavis would go for given their charity roots and her Manchester concert. 3rd down on Saturday I'd say....she would get a massive crowd.

I honestly couldn't see her anything lower than sub, but even then I feel like it would have to be a Madonna-size artist above her. I feel like 3rd would be really low down for her

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

I honestly couldn't see her anything lower than sub, but even then I feel like it would have to be a Madonna-size artist above her. I feel like 3rd would be really low down for her

I'm not sure she would get it but she would know or get told what the fest could do for her. I didn't think Katy Perry would take 3rd, but why not her 3rd...it'll be before a headliner with a 2hr set so a bit closer to a 3rd slot than a sub anyway.

2 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

Ariana Grande has 131million Instagram followers.

As a very crude measurement that makes her the biggest current popstar on the planet.

Beyoncé is the next biggest musician with 119m followers...

Thanks but no it doesn't. It means she has 131 million followers on Instagram which equates to have a big following within a certain demographic. It certainly doesn't equate to her being the first choice to headline every festival though.

Nice girl though