2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

32 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

As a rockist I have been dragged along to a few concerts with kids and I must say she would make an awesome headliner. Most of the public can probably name more of her hits than the cure and macca combined 

Right. I dont listen to radio but l can name more of her songs than pink+katy combined. If Ed Sheeran is headline worthy, I would think she would be as well. 

I do think shed do well with a headline spot, but I dont think were going to be seeing her on the farm. Her personal life seems a mess atm, and has she ever done a festival before? 

1 hour ago, suzie sue said:

As a rockist I have been dragged along to a few concerts with kids and I must say she would make an awesome headliner. Most of the public can probably name more of her hits than the cure and macca combined 

I'd give you the cure but Macca? Unless you are just talking about his solo stuff which is probably a fair point but all of his beatles back catalogue included would blow that theory out of the water. Plus at GF he will certainly play a heavy Beatles setlist. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'd give you the cure but Macca? Unless you are just talking about his solo stuff which is probably a fair point but all of his beatles back catalogue included would blow that theory out of the water. Plus at GF he will certainly play a heavy Beatles setlist. 

I can probably name 100 Beatles songs... but maybe 2 by Macca (solo). 

Edited by MetaKate

28 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Right. I dont listen to radio but l can name more of her songs than pink+katy combined. If Ed Sheeran is headline worthy, I would think she would be as well. 

I do think shed do well with a headline spot, but I dont think were going to be seeing her on the farm. Her personal life seems a mess atm, and has she ever done a festival before? 

Ed Sheeran is bigger in the uk than Ariana will ever be or has been.

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I can probably name 100 Beatles songs... but maybe 2 by Macca (solo). 

Yeah that was my point but if he plays he will be playing a Beatles heavy setlist at Glastonbury. He knows what would be expected of him. He may play some Wings (Live and let die) or Quarrymen stuff but mainly it will be Beatles so by that token a large part of the crowd would know the setlist. The original point was that "most" of the public would name more hits from her than Macca or the cure combined- rubbish IMO. 

Does Wings stuff count as part of hi solo output? I'm mean they were the band the Beatles could have been.

I'd guess most people could name or would at least recognise Live & Let Die, Mull of Kintyre, Band on the Run, The Frog Chorus, Jet, Ebony & Ivory, Wonderful Xmas Time...

Scenes when he drops Temporary Secretary though. Love that tune.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does Wings stuff count as part of hi solo output? I'm mean they were the band the Beatles could have been.

I'd guess most people could name or would at least recognise Live & Let Die, Mull of Kintyre, Band on the Run, The Frog Chorus, Jet, Ebony & Ivory, Wonderful Xmas Time...

Scenes when he drops Temporary Secretary though. Love that tune.

No Pipes of Peace = no Quark

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

In the UK, you're probably not wrong, but globally shes ahead of him in album sales and streams. 

I’d be fairly surprised if this is true in itself given that Sheeran has had the second best selling album in the world and the first best selling album in the world in different years, but can only really go off wiki to prove the point.

Fucking love this place for moments like this.

Ariana Grande vs Paul McCartney in the efests battle of 'who has more hits?'

Cries from the old of "What do you mean the kids don't listen to Pink anymore?"' and bewildering looks from the youngens who ask "How many streams has Macca got on Spotify?"

Who wins? A poll decides...