Foo Fighters

Gozpot

23 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

What an amazing day/night.

Think Rufus Taylor won the audition tonight.

Odds on them headlining in the next 2 years ?

We dont know if they even want to continue as a band at all. Let them take their time and we'll see. Gonna be a giant pain in the ass to see them if they tour again though cause itll be a great unknown how long they would carry on for. Im sure Dave wouldnt mind just doing side projects and those solo storyteller shows and the foo fighters just ends. Any fest that gets em will get a big boost in sales.

Edited by Suprefan

Am I imagining it or was krist novoselic down on the posters for London?  Also probably in the minority but rufus Taylor felt more like a stars i their eyes tribute (albeit a excellent heartfelt one) if any of them are to take over it could possibly be Omar hakim who did the lions share of the drumming tonight.  Also there’s the chance that the LA show is the last time they play too. 

Edited by eddie_corrigan

That was a special day/night, unfair to grade it against other gigs because it was absolutely nothing like other gigs.

Echo the sentiment people on here said about Rufus Taylor, we said the same thing about him being the obvious choice going forward if they’re wanting to continue. (On a side note, not that I ever think they’ll do it but Queen could walk into a Glasto headline slot with Adam Lambert. They had 80,000 eating out the palm of their hand with the lad from the Struts singing).

I can’t believe how good nearly every guest sounded tonight, but Dave Grohl was absolutely astronomical. To think of the emotional toll tonight must have had on him and he was barely off that stage all night, playing a multitude of different instruments as he went. Absolutely indescribable how he performed tonight 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

An amazing and incredible show. Such an emotional day with Foos being my favourite band. It felt like mixed emotions when they did the Foos set because they had so many amazing drummers but you could tell none of them were Taylor. Great tribute for the late Taylor Hawkins. So good to see all the incredible musicians that came out to the show in support of him. I couldn’t hold it together for the start, Live Forever, Times Like These, These Days or My Hero so no idea how the band got through it, fair play to them because I was an emotional wreck. Still can’t believe he’s gone.

One shame of the day though was some of the disrespect in the crowd, it was a tribute show for all of Taylor Hawkins favourite bands yet we had to move countless times to get away from people talking during speeches, videos and lesser known bands yet when Queen or Brian Johnson came out they were getting there Instagram videos to show what a great time they were having, you should be ashamed and stay at home next time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Is there any dodgy way to watch it back? Saw first half but had to go out after...

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I think it's on YouTube? Saw it embedded in an article I read on Pitchfork 

It's been removed from MTV's YouTube channel for now but apparently will be posted again next week. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

(On a side note, not that I ever think they’ll do it but Queen could walk into a Glasto headline slot with Adam Lambert. They had 80,000 eating out the palm of their hand with the lad from the Struts singing).

Agreed. It would be a booking that would undoubtedly go down like a lead balloon with some, but would result in a packed field. Freddie may be long gone, but it’s all about the songs now, and the audience’s participation with them.

Great show yesterday, immense line up. A treat to see rarities like James Gang, and Alex & Geddy playing together again. Was expecting the latter to do the well known stuff - Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, but the start of 2112, Working Man & YYZ was great.

And Oh! Darling. First time Macca’s done it live 👍

Just a pity it was shown on mainstream TV - will have to wait for it to be re-streamed now, although I think there’s an truncated hour long viewing tonight on MTV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neil said:

what about the badgers.

Brain taylor is worried he might get baited if he goes to worthy farm.

Oh it’ll never happen for a myriad of reasons covered in countless headliner threads over the years. Was more just a point of they wouldn’t need Freddie to do it really as the crowd would carry them through it based on last night’s showing

I watched most of it at home yesterday and enjoyed it. I like Foo Fighters, but can't call myself a massive fan, though was there in '17. I dabbled with going, but in the end the expense and travel hassle put me off. Stewart Copeland and Rush were my highlights. Also really enjoyed the younger generation's contribution. This kind of thing can smack of nepotism and/or be a bit cringey, but every one of these youngster's held their own.

Glad that those that went enjoyed it so much. 

For those that were there, can anyone shed some light on the golden circle? I don't remember them having GC tickets, so was wondering if  that was first come first serve, or what?

46 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I watched most of it at home yesterday and enjoyed it. I like Foo Fighters, but can't call myself a massive fan, though was there in '17. I dabbled with going, but in the end the expense and travel hassle put me off. Stewart Copeland and Rush were my highlights. Also really enjoyed the younger generation's contribution. This kind of thing can smack of nepotism and/or be a bit cringey, but every one of these youngster's held their own.

Glad that those that went enjoyed it so much. 

For those that were there, can anyone shed some light on the golden circle? I don't remember them having GC tickets, so was wondering if  that was first come first serve, or what?

First come first served. I arrived at 14:00, joined the queue for standing and by the time I was in around 14:30 I was given the red wristband and got the front section! It was amazing. 

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Agreed. It would be a booking that would undoubtedly go down like a lead balloon with some, but would result in a packed field. Freddie may be long gone, but it’s all about the songs now, and the audience’s participation with them.

Saw Queen in 1982, no way I could watch them without Freddie.