Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

I guess stranger things have happened but I would be very surprised to see Green Day taking anything less than headliner at any festival.

I would say that not many stranger bookings have happened than Green Day headlining the Other Stage. They sell out stadiums across the world.

Could see them doing a "surprise set" like they did at Reading a few years back, mind you...

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I've had someone email me, claiming to know that Green Day will headline the Other Stage at the same time Ed Sheerhan plays the Pyramid.

If that's correct, then it looks like Ed must be on Sunday, as that's the only date Green Day have free.

Looking at Green Day's dates, it certainly looks like there might be something to what this guy has said.

I hope it wasn't from fibber@BlueChicken.com.

40 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

How feasible is this? Not to discredit you Neil of course, but this seems like a massive one if true.

14 year old me would absolutely love this.

I've no idea about the source to know if he's telling me a porkie.

But Green Day's dates certainly make it look like it's not beyond the possible. They're quite suggestive of it being true.

Just don't see that happening myself. I know that was the supposed deal with Metallica in '14 before Prince apparently bailed, but it didn't happen that year and I just can't see it happening this year. I guess it's always a factor that a band of Green Day's stature could really want to play the festival and are willing to take a lower slot than they usually would, but if they only had New Order vs. Adele and Chase & Status vs. the Stones I don't see how/why they'd have Green Day vs. Ed. Won't believe it until it's on the lineup poster (which I doubt it will be). Bit of duff info I reckon. 

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd be all over this. Green Day are one of those bands I've always fancied seeing, but not enough to drop £60+ on a ticket for their gigs. Would be a massive shock if they did pull it off though.

I suppose the massive draw to Mr Ed would mean the Other field would be able to handle it.

Exactly this. Loved them as a teenager, bought their live DVD's, I can play most of their songs on guitar (not that it's difficult). If they came along today as a new band I'd find them annoying as hell I'm sure but given the nostalgia factor this would pretty much make my festival. Basket Case is still one of my favourite songs B)

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've had someone email me, claiming to know that Green Day will headline the Other Stage at the same time Ed Sheerhan plays the Pyramid.

If that's correct, then it looks like Ed must be on Sunday, as that's the only date Green Day have free.

Looking at Green Day's dates, it certainly looks like there might be something to what this guy has said.

Really hope this is true 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd be all over this. Green Day are one of those bands I've always fancied seeing, but not enough to drop £60+ on a ticket for their gigs. Would be a massive shock if they did pull it off though.

I suppose the massive draw to Mr Ed would mean the Other field would be able to handle it.

I'm seeing Green Day next Monday. They are a band I have a lot of fondess for as I grew up listening to them. I haven't listened to them in a few years, but they put on a great show.

Not seen them since about 2009, but first saw them in 1998 when Nimrod came out.

Would probably pass if they were on the other stage as this year I want to see as many acts Ive never seen before (apart from Radiohead). Would be a great booking.

To be honest, if Green Day gave a shit about playing (if!), Other headliner is probably the best they could ask for. Can't see them ever headlining outright, personally. 

Certainly paves the way for a crowded Sunday West Holts field tho.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Certainly paves the way for a crowded Sunday West Holts field tho.

You think? Can't help but feel that if this happens (which I'm kind of confident it won't) then the other stages are gonna be pretty damn quiet, even if they've managed to bag Kraftwerk for that Sunday night WH slot.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

You think? Can't help but feel that if this happens (which I'm kind of confident it won't) then the other stages are gonna be pretty damn quiet, even if they've managed to bag Kraftwerk for that Sunday night WH slot.

If these are the two mainstage options then I think Kraftwerk would be a terrible booking. Put someone with all the ingredients for a party, like The Jacksons, and I think we'd see a good turnout. Maybe I'm biased by these boards, mind. But Chic for instance was rammed by all accounts, up against a popular headliner in AM. Portishead of course not the same draw as Green Day but probably a smaller crossover than Ed and Green Day. 

Monday mornings are so unproductive

I love the idea of this, i guess it's no different than the rumours of metallica or muse playing lower slots on other years. Green Day could certainly headline if they we're asked, they can sell arenas and stadiums just like the others but they've always been willing to take lower slots e.g. reading 2012 so it's certainly possible. A Green Day/Kraftwerk clash would put me in a real dilemma though