Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, big__phil said:

So the last time we had to wait for more than a few days for an announcement was when we got the Silver Hayes line up, which was on a Wednesday. The previous announcement to that was the Kidz Field, which was a Tuesday. Our last announcement was Block 9, last Tuesday. Therefore we can clearly expect the next announcement today, because it's Wednesday. Capisce?

Nailed it

On 17/05/2016 at 7:18 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

Is it just me or did the Shangri-la social media posts from the other day (when they announced Shy FX, Dub Pistols etc.) imply they're announcements would be staggered? Glad we got the line up obvs! Are we now thinking their use of the word 'HUGE' was in relation to their own announcement last night, or for the big reveal? Just seems bizarre to state in the first part, 'Check out the first of many announcements', drop a few names and then reveal their full line up the next day, to then finish with 'HUGE music news coming your way very soon'.

FYI it's entirely possible announcement anticipation is making me go a little, er, fruity, if you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

Is it just me or did the Shangri-la social media posts from the other day (when they announced Shy FX, Dub Pistols etc.) imply they're announcements would be staggered? Glad we got the line up obvs! Are we now thinking their use of the word 'HUGE' was in relation to their own announcement last night, or for the big reveal? Just seems bizarre to state in the first part, 'Check out the first of many announcements', drop a few names and then reveal their full line up the next day, to then finish with 'HUGE music news coming your way very soon'.

FYI it's entirely possible announcement anticipation is making me go a little, er, fruity, if you know what I mean.

You'd have thought the use of "P.S." would suggest the "HUGE" music news is about something separate.

Hopefully the full announcement, obviously.

12 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Yesssss! Roni Size!!

B2B with Adam F and Bryan G too, was expecting it to be with Krust, so this should be different. Last time I saw Bryan G he knelt down under the decks and did a massive line of coke mid mix. Nutter.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I shall sit and wait for @big__phil to tell us when the next announcement will be. He has sussed the pattern.

Note, there is no pattern #AHTT

Since the last fallow year (2012 [remember 22 + 0 + 12 = 16, which clearly shows that this specific pattern ends this year), Shangri La have only had their own announcement once, which was last year. Last year there were three announcements made in the same week, which were Glade, Shangri La and Arcaida, the last two of which were on Thursday and Friday. Therefore it's clear we can expect both Glade and Shangri La over today and tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Since the last fallow year (2012 [remember 22 + 0 + 12 = 16, which clearly shows that this specific pattern ends this year), Shangri La have only had their own announcement once, which was last year. Last year there were three announcements made in the same week, which were Glade, Shangri La and Arcaida, the last two of which were on Thursday and Friday. Therefore it's clear we can expect both Glade and Shangri La over today and tomorrow.

Superb, I shall go and stand by my bed.

34 minutes ago, big__phil said:

errmmm - okay

/me looks at last 5 years of Glastonbury Festival news articles on eFestivals where each one has a had a Shangri-La stand alone news article - once we announced it exclusively I'm sure!

/me sips coffee

/me nods

*as you were

Edited by 5co77ie

1 minute ago, richeymack said:

Independent are reporting on Clashfinder leaking set times – sounds pretty logical: LCD doing Friday on the Other; Underworld doing West Holts etc. Reckon it'll be confirmed soon? 

Clashfinder is completely based on guess work and that Independent story is lazy journalism, nothing else. 

32 minutes ago, richeymack said:

Independent are reporting on Clashfinder leaking set times – sounds pretty logical: LCD doing Friday on the Other; Underworld doing West Holts etc. Reckon it'll be confirmed soon? 

They seem to have totally missed or ignored the line on Clashfinder that says it is guess work from members of the public!

3 hours ago, StePotts said:

B2B with Adam F and Bryan G too, was expecting it to be with Krust, so this should be different. Last time I saw Bryan G he knelt down under the decks and did a massive line of coke mid mix. Nutter.

Is Roni likely to do a set outside the SE corner like at Arcadia or maybe a live set not DJ at The Glade? He is my just see of the festival so want to make sure I don't miss him!

I am thinking the Glade will announce on Friday or Saturday

this is the one I am waiting for

I hope they don;t let me down

The shangrila Line up is good, still the Common has been the best for me 

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Tbh Kevin Parker turned up with Mark Ronson last year and Tame Impala didn't play. Although I guess it's different when KP has specifically been booked himself

as has been pointed out, Tame Impala also weren't about to begin touring Europe when he appeared last year