Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stanton warriors, I will get to see the twice in one festival

Dave Seaman, a guy called Gerald, looks like I will not see anyone at any of the main stages this year. the south East Corner and the Glade for me all the way.

I will make an exception for New Order

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Banging line up.

It's weird their Funktion One thing is at the bottom of the main poster. Does that mean it's separate and there's only a few acts using that?

The impression I got was that the two front speaker sets can be used as normal, but the surround speaker sets "can" be used - so either you're right and only a few acts are using the full setup, or they'll pipe through some of the left+right into the surrounds for the acts that aren't set up for surround.  Like what happens when I press the AFD button on my surround AV receiver - turns stereo into "faux surround".

Who do we think is gonna be playing the Thursday night? 

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Banging line up.

It's weird their Funktion One thing is at the bottom of the main poster. Does that mean it's separate and there's only a few acts using that?

The way I understood it is that it's the main system, but only certain acts will be able to use the surround element and the rest will just use the standard L & R stacks.

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

I agree, we cant be all celebrating the Shakespeare and then get annoyed that the youth are making up new words and reappropriating old ones. My 12 year old did say pacific last night though and I did have to correct him but the rest I just let go (fam). 

For me The Pickwick papers is ruined by characters like Sam Weller debasing the mother tongue.

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

so what other stages announce before main lineup announced? we got WH as well last year didn't we?

Nope. West Holts hasn't been separate for a few years. Only Arcadia to go and they sometimes announce after the full lineup.

So the set times exist and some people know them, for some areas at least. Will they bother with a big poster or go straight in with the times next week? I've just got the set tIves for dot 2 dot so I have them to keep me busy for a little while, I struggle to get excited by the initial poster though because of some of the horror clashes I've seen over the last 7 years...

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't mind reappropriation of words. That's genuine evolution of the language. It's both cool and wicked. Makes me feel left behind, but tough titties.

And 'pacific', whilst an error is one I have sympathy for, since 'specific' isn't an easy word to say. I used to say 'pacific' as a child, not because I didn't know any better, but because I simply couldn't say it correctly. I noticed every time and for a while, did Porky Pig like verbal contortions to use a different word.

I hope this leniency won't loose me any friends ;)

when people say pacific , i feel like punching them in the neck

I have a young child, he is 8 and when he says words wrong i correct him. then he says them correctly. Unfortunately I have now started doing this to adults. 

I may be gaining enemies.