Next Announcement thread

Matt42

1 hour ago, bocumaroy said:

Would love Wolf Parade to be announced, though they're in Europe the weekend before with nothing scheduled imminently after that. Likewise DIIV. Car Seat Headrest is a good shout too. All of them on the Park would be good. 

DIIV are my number 1 hope. Car Seat Headrest would be ace too only discovered him/them in the last few weeks. 

Also, just seen the thingy retweet this from earlier. Could be the app coinciding with times?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

DIIV are my number 1 hope. Car Seat Headrest would be ace too only discovered him/them in the last few weeks. 

Also, just seen the thingy retweet this from earlier. Could be the app coinciding with times?

Hadn't thought of that, good point.

Plus... #AHTT

2 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I saw Flyte at Y Not festival in 2014 and although they had a technical issue at the start they were great live. Can only imagine them being so much better now.

They really are superb and their harmonies are a class above. Recording their debut album over the next couple of months so will look forward to finally having some more tunes. They have been uploading various cover versions to YouTube which have all been brilliant including Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne and The Beatles but this version of Sprawl by Arcade Fire is magical.

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I think there is still a lot of bigger stuff to come, but as I already like you have clash hell looming I really do not mind what is announced now apart from perhaps The Virginmarys playing John Peel would be pretty damn good.

Edit - and Faithless too please.

I've just been talking to someone heavily involved with The Virginmarys and he said they weren't playing Glastonbury this year which is a shame 

24 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

They really are superb and their harmonies are a class above. Recording their debut album over the next couple of months so will look forward to finally having some more tunes. They have been uploading various cover versions to YouTube which have all been brilliant including Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne and The Beatles but this version of Sprawl by Arcade Fire is magical.

They could become very good. They have proper talent. Even 2 years ago it all looked effortless. Just hope they don't get too perfectionist. Thanks  for sharing  that video.

34 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

That's fabulous. 

3 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Would love Wolf Parade to be announced, though they're in Europe the weekend before with nothing scheduled imminently after that. Likewise DIIV. Car Seat Headrest is a good shout too. All of them on the Park would be good. 

Totally in for all of these. Saw DIIV play in February here in Australia - fantastic.

Wolf Parade I saw once back in 2010 or so and they were fabulous. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:
User Actions
  Follow
5gUWENg5_bigger.jpegEEVerified account@EE

Keep your eyes peeled next week for Glastonbury goodness. What might you unearth...?

I am taking this as a hint of something coming to us next week. A 'couple of weeks' is up on Tuesday.

Surely has to mean the full line up next week then. Fingers crossed for the announcement early in the week!

Yep that Flyte Arcade Fire cover is bloody brilliant. I did get to see them last year at Victorious fest where they played the main stage to a very small and scattered crowd but put on a great set regardless. Hope they manage to get an LP out soon at get the spike in popularity they deserve.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

It could just be the 2016 version of the app - which would probably come at the same time as the lineup / times, but doesn't always.

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Yeah, the app is pretty pointless without the times, don't think they'll release it without them

Have to agree with @pastorofmuppets on this, makes sense to release the app alongside full breakdown and times.

7 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Have to agree with @pastorofmuppets on this, makes sense to release the app alongside full breakdown and times.

It makes sense, yes, but it's not always what they've done in the past.

I can't remember specific years, but I can certainly remember getting the newly updated app and having to wait for a second or third update to add times.

1 minute ago, incident said:

It makes sense, yes, but it's not always what they've done in the past.

I can't remember specific years, but I can certainly remember getting the newly updated app and having to wait for a second or third update to add times.

If that's what's happened in the past then I guess it can't be ruled out (I can't remember myself with regards to previous app releases). It does seem to tie in with Emily's previous 'in a couple of weeks' comment though which is what's getting me excited. I guess I'm just being optimistic! 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm going for Tuesday, 7pm.

My hunch is Tuesday too, although no incline on time. Maybe earlier in the day so media outlets have the time to go through the listings? Come to think of it I wonder what time of day previous 'stand by your bed' announcements have been made. I better consult the thingy! #ahtt