Next Announcement thread

Matt42

15 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Villagers play far too few festivals considering how good they are

They are playing a load of dates from July onwards but nothing in June. Would love to see them at Glasto, they are superb

Edit: I say they, but it could just be Conor on his own and would be just as good

Edited by mario man

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

might have to turn off tweet notifications from the glade now they've announced.

sweet lord they're busy.

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've already turned them off this morning :D Phone has sounded like a bee hive for the last two weeks.

Especially when he's organising a piss up with the Arcadia, Pennards Lockup, Greenfields & Avalon Twitter bods :D 

Holly Herndon

Jenny Hval

Jason Isbell

Ryley Walker

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment

Girl Band

Pusha T

Anderson .Paak

The Jezabels

School of Seven Bells

Christine and the Queens

Esperanza Spalding

Tim Hecker

Parquet Courts

Sturgill Simpson

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:
There something quite heart warming about the various areas interacting on social media...

Click above to see the whole conversation!

Gave me a lovely glowing feeling inside reading that, when people are making drinking plans you know its getting close!

12 minutes ago, beardedbapple said:

Well chuffed to see gentleman's dub club on the glade, would love it if tenacious D or matt berry and the maypoles were on the final line up tho

I wonder how many would turn up expecting jokes? Saw him at his own gig recently and most of his own crowd didn't seem to know the tunes.

Edit: I'm talking about Matt Berry.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder how many would turn up expecting jokes? Saw him at his own gig recently and most of his own crowd didn't seem to know the tunes.

Edit: I'm talking about Matt Berry.

That sounds strange, to be honest I've never seen them live but I love his two albums, I actually prefer his music to his comedy apart from the it crowd, that part was made for him ha ha 

Let's think... not really expecting a huge amount to come (and not sure I really want much more with the existing clash hell), but might as well do a small wishlist of plausible ones.

• Tame Impala
  • Calexico
  • Battles
  • Flyte
  • Frightened Rabbit
  • Jagwar Ma
  • BearFur

Few of those would flesh it out nicely. Then there's the Radiohead/Kendrick factor but let's not think about that too much...

Edited by Mash011

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Let's think... not really expecting a huge amount to come (and not sure I really want much more with the existing clash hell), but might as well do a small wishlist of plausible ones.

• Tame Impala
  • Calexico
  • Battles
  • Flyte
  • Frightened Rabbit
  • Jagwar Ma
  • BearFur

Few of those would flesh it out nicely. Then there's the Radiohead/Kendrick factor but let's not think about that too much...

I think there is still a lot of bigger stuff to come, but as I already like you have clash hell looming I really do not mind what is announced now apart from perhaps The Virginmarys playing John Peel would be pretty damn good.

Edit - and Faithless too please.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

3 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Really hope Yak and Black Honey are announced, probably be John Peel and I'd love it if Pete Doherty were to do a solo slot somewhere over the weekend.

I spoke to the guitarist from Black Honey and asked him whether they were playing glasto, and he sort hesitated and said 'Oh, we don't know yet.'

To be fair they may not have know at that point but it felt like he knew and just didn't want to say.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

• Tame Impala
  • Calexico
  • Battles
  • Flyte
  • Frightened Rabbit
  • Jagwar Ma
  • BearFur

I asked Flyte on FB and they are sadly not appearing. Shame as they have been my favourite new band of the last 6 months. 

1 hour ago, gluther said:

I spoke to the guitarist from Black Honey and asked him whether they were playing glasto, and he sort hesitated and said 'Oh, we don't know yet.'

To be fair they may not have know at that point but it felt like he knew and just didn't want to say.

I spoke to him as well after their show in Southampton and he gave me the exact answer

3 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I asked Flyte on FB and they are sadly not appearing. Shame as they have been my favourite new band of the last 6 months. 

I saw Flyte at Y Not festival in 2014 and although they had a technical issue at the start they were great live. Can only imagine them being so much better now.

9 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

Would love Wolf Parade to be announced, though they're in Europe the weekend before with nothing scheduled imminently after that. Likewise DIIV. Car Seat Headrest is a good shout too. All of them on the Park would be good. 

Car seat headrest, you can almost hear John peel announcing them