Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naga: So Richard, you have some news for us?

Ashcroft: Yeah, I've been chosen at random from a selection of acts that aren't apoearing to tell the world that the full Glastonbury line up, along with set times, is out this morning. Oh yeah, my new album came out last week and I'm......

Naga: Oh my God! LCD Soundsytem are clashing with Muse!

Ashcroft: Yeah, like I was saying, my tou......

Naga: I knew Garfunkle would be on The Pyramid

Ascroft: My tour sta... 

Naga: No one gives a shit, Asscroft. Now go to Carol so I can figure out who my headliners are.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Okay so just getting my head around this?
Are we expecting the lineup this coming week and Richard Ashcroft to be playing before Adele?

Pretty grim

Haha, no no no. The announcement is likely to be this week, EE mentioned having Glastonbury news on Tuesday and this Richard Ashcroft thing is just circumstantial. If he is announcing that he's playing this year I think it'll be as a JP headliner or something similar. 

EDIT - That's EE the company, not Emily Eavis. Although Emily did say the line up would be released in a 'couple of weeks' which would come into effect tomorrow. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Haha, no no no. The announcement is likely to be this week, EE mentioned having Glastonbury news on Tuesday and this Richard Ashcroft thing is just circumstantial. If he is announcing that he's playing this year I think it'll be as a JP headliner or something similar. 

EDIT - That's EE the company, not Emily Eavis. Although Emily did say the line up would be released in a 'couple of weeks' which would come into effect tomorrow. 

I think 'a couple of weeks' lands slap bang on Tuesday.

Juicy.

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

Wouldn't the Ashcroft announcement more likely be new tour dates? maybe Glasto will be part of it but I can't see him just announcing it on its own.   

I imagine the lineup will drop at 8am or whatever, and he'll be there to say 'yeah i'm on the bill, super stoked'. Or whatever.

I just don't see how Ashcroft announcing tour dates would warrant an appearance on Breakfast, but they do often have some real bumpf on there so who knows.

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Okay so just getting my head around this?
Are we expecting the lineup this coming week and Richard Ashcroft to be playing before Adele?

Pretty grim

I said Richard Ashcroft before Adele as a joke, but it'd be about as shite as Paul Weller last year so will probably happen.

Edited by Will-2609

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I said Richard Ashcroft before Adele as a joke, but it'd be about as shite as Paul Weller last year so will probably happen.

I'm sure I read somewhere that A Northern Soul is Adele's favourite album of all time, so you never know. 

41 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They have a Glastonbury ticket competition on tuesday, so that's probably it

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They have a Glastonbury ticket competition on tuesday, so that's probably it

This was the tweet:  "Keep your eyes peeled next week for Glastonbury goodness. What might you unearth...?"

Sounds like it could be the app. Which would mean lineup and times.

They could well launch a ticket competition at the same time.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

This was the tweet:  "Keep your eyes peeled next week for Glastonbury goodness. What might you unearth...?"

Sounds like it could be the app. Which would mean lineup and times.

They could well launch a ticket competition at the same time.

EE have already tweeted this morning that a Glastonbury competition ('Glastonburied') is launching tomorrow. The app doesn't tend to launch until much closer to the festival.

13 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

EE have already tweeted this morning that a Glastonbury competition ('Glastonburied') is launching tomorrow. The app doesn't tend to launch until much closer to the festival.

Oh well. Still expecting the full lineup this week at some point.

13 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Strange that the other day they stated a Tuesday announcement and then this morning have said 12pm tomorrow? Could be referring to two different things?

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Oh well. Still expecting the full lineup this week at some point.

Me too!

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

Strange that the other day they stated a Tuesday announcement and then this morning have said 12pm tomorrow? Could be referring to two different things?

I don't think EE were the ones to mention Tuesday were they? Didn't they just say 'next week'?

26 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Me too!

I don't think EE were the ones to mention Tuesday were they? Didn't they just say 'next week'?

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't think EE ever mentioned Tuesday, did they?

Woops my bad, getting wires crossed. Keeping up with everything that's mentioned across these threads is a challenge! 

Edited by djdavejohnson