Next Announcement thread

Matt42

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Reckon this kills the chances of there being another glastonbury announcement today then or there's still chance?

Don't think it makes much of a difference either way tbh

Edit: yeah, didn't see it was from Friday :P

Edited by jparx

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Nah that was a dude who'd supposedly put a bet on Stone Roses headlining. A quick look at metadata showed his confirmation to be a photoshop job. 

Anyway, my page change monitor for the lineup page has been going mental for the last 10 minutes or so. 

Is there any obvious changes Matt? Or is it more just the workings of the page 

30 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Is it just me, or has the line-up page on the BBC Glastonbury site changed today?

No new acts added, but the layout is different. I last checked it on Saturday, so that may have been changed this morning?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ewcj5v/performances/lg49mb

I believe you're right! It's a sign :o

5 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Hi all - new to the forums but long time reader.

Might be common knowledge but reliable source I met over the weekend says Foals to sub Muse on Friday night...

Welcome. Makes sense as well, two cracking live acts one after the other.

So when the full line up is announced are we expecting something huge? Has this been the case in previous years? 

I actually can't stay away from this thread! Stomach is doing somersaults here :wacko:

It's taking so long for them to announce it but I kinda like that, gives us something to concentrate on lol. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ashcroft's just going on with Charlie and Louise to announce that he's teaming up with the Otis Lifts to provide all their elevator music.

That's a pity, I was hoping to hear him in our Schindlers.

9 minutes ago, pinkmolly226 said:

So when the full line up is announced are we expecting something huge? Has this been the case in previous years? 

I actually can't stay away from this thread! Stomach is doing somersaults here :wacko:

It's taking so long for them to announce it but I kinda like that, gives us something to concentrate on lol. 

Depends what you mean by huge I suppose. For all intents and purposes it does appear that we're missing a Pyramid sub from the initial poster (with Muse, Adele, Coldplay, Foals and Ellie Goulding most likely taking up 5 of the 6 slots). That means there's an act of similar profile still to be announced. However there's no guarantee they actually will announce it. As others have said on here before perhaps given how well the Libertines secret slot was received last year they've chosen to do something similar this year (albeit with different circumstances), and instead we'll get a TBA or 'Very Special Guests'.

What you will definitely get is a helluva lot more small to mid size acts to pour over. Notable additions from the full line up were Burt Bacharach, Twin Atlantic, The Cribs etc. This is my favourite part as it means I can start updating my Spotify playlist :)

The poster will also most likely give us a stage by stage breakdown of where each act is playing (actual set times will probably come a bit later). But that'll give you a solid idea of who's playing when and what the likely clashes are. 

In short the full lineup is fucking brilliant and I can't wait for it to drop.

i love looking through the smaller stages to find bits I had no idea were going to happen. and also finding out where acts we did know are actually playing and when.

its when it all finally feels real and you can visualise who you might get to see and when! the stage, day and time can really make a big difference to how much you might enjoy a name you are looking for.

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Depends what you mean by huge I suppose. For all intents and purposes it does appear that we're missing a Pyramid sub from the initial poster (with Muse, Adele, Coldplay, Foals and Ellie Goulding most likely taking up 5 of the 6 slots). That means there's an act of similar profile still to be announced. However there's no guarantee they actually will announce it. As others have said on here before perhaps given how well the Libertines secret slot was received last year they've chosen to do something similar this year (albeit with different circumstances), and instead we'll get a TBA or 'Very Special Guests'.

What you will definitely get is a helluva lot more small to mid size acts to pour over. Notable additions from the full line up were Burt Bacharach, Twin Atlantic, The Cribs etc. This is my favourite part as it means I can start updating my Spotify playlist :)

The poster will also most likely give us a stage by stage breakdown of where each act is playing (actual set times will probably come a bit later). But that'll give you a solid idea of who's playing when and what the likely clashes are. 

In short the full lineup is fucking brilliant and I can't wait for it to drop.

The stomach knots are getting worse! Lol. 

Yeah I would have been delighted last year with the libertines :) 

hoping for something similar this year........ideally Radiohead but trying not to get my hopes up lol. 

Just now, Stooonami said:

Completely don't get the serious love for Tame Impala :(

not heard that much of Tame impala, heard some songs on the radio i guess and might recognise them

but nothing stuck in my head