Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Today marks 29 days until the gates open. We have so far had stage announcements and are waiting for 2 more (Arcadia and full announcement). They've obviously been waiting for today...

Nice work but on this occasion I will say it is wrong. I say that as I have just found out my tickets are on their way and will arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow just happens to be my birthday and it is obvious SEE Tickets and the Festival office have sorted out the best pressie ever. tickets and the line up.

17 minutes ago, Stooonami said:

No shit.

I've given them a good listen on the ole ewetube and just don't understand where that love comes from.

Their transition from a predominantly guitar-driven sound to heavily electronic and synth-based (while still maintaining that psychedelic tinge that made them so enticing in the first place) is proof in my eyes that they're an exciting band who aren't afraid to mix things up a little and try something new. 

Don't understand how you can't listen to The Less I Know The Better without at least appreciating what they do. They're a top band and their live show has improved greatly with the new album. 

But as mentioned earlier, maybe it's just not your cup of tea - which is totally fine, and it's also fine that others (myself included) have great love for them. 

- I say 'they' even though it is pretty much just Kevin Parker - 

Edited by dannygrif

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Nice work but on this occasion I will say it is wrong. I say that as I have just found out my tickets are on their way and will arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow just happens to be my birthday and it is obvious SEE Tickets and the Festival office have sorted out the best pressie ever. tickets and the line up.

There goes tomorrow's theory.

*wipes chalkboard

12 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

Their transition from a predominantly guitar-driven sound to heavily electronic and synth-based (while still maintaining that psychedelic tinge that made them so enticing in the first place) is proof in my eyes that they're an exciting band who aren't afraid to mix things up a little and try something new. 

Don't understand how you can't listen to The Less I Know The Better without at least appreciating what they do. They're a top band and their live show has improved greatly with the new album. 

But as mentioned earlier, maybe it's just not your cup of tea - which is totally fine, and it's also fine that others (myself included) have great love for them. 

- I say 'they' even though it is pretty much just Kevin Parker - 

Thanks. I'll give another listen.

Personally I'm a fan of Tame Impala. I saw them at the Academy 3 in Birmingham a few weeks before they played their first Glastonbury, and they were fantastic, but I wonder if putting them on opening the Pyramid on one of the days that year was the best idea so early in their career.

They are a much slicker live band now, and Kevin has really grown into a decent front man. You shouldn't judge them only on their early shows, the other band members and their sound have both changed a lot since.

12 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Saw Tame Impala at the Barrowlands last year and they were excellent. I think the surroundings definitely helped, I'm not sure they would go down as well on a tea time slot on the Pyramid. 

Ah the good old Barrowlands.......always the best place for a gig

I saw Tame Impala both nights supporting Arctic Monkeys @ Finsbury Park 2014. I wasn't that impressed and I didn't think the setting suited them.

I then saw them in Manchester in February at the Arena and I was blown away by the performance.

Maybe it was the closed setting or the new material, I don't know. You'd think a sun setting type slot would suit them but I reckon a tent would be better.

I'd be very happy if they were in the ante-penultimate slot on either of the main stages myself.  Have had my fingers crossed since the initial lineup that they will be on the final poster.  I can't think of an act I would be happier to see while tripping absolute balls in the sunshine.

3 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I saw Tame Impala both nights supporting Arctic Monkeys @ Finsbury Park 2014. I wasn't that impressed and I didn't think the setting suited them.

I then saw them in Manchester in February at the Arena and I was blown away by the performance.

Maybe it was the closed setting or the new material, I don't know. You'd think a sun setting type slot would suit them but I reckon a tent would be better.

I was also at Finsbury Park. Kevin was really ill, and kept coughing off-mic. He was really struggling. It was a weird booking as well, because the tempo totally slowed down after Miles Kane who played before. It didn't really suit all the larger drinking teens who just wanted a good sing.

Ally Pally was a different kettle of fish though, and they've got their show down now with the new material.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

I was also at Finsbury Park. Kevin was really ill, and kept coughing off-mic. He was really struggling. It was a weird booking as well, because the tempo totally slowed down after Miles Kane who played before. It didn't really suit all the larger drinking teens who just wanted a good sing.

Ally Pally was a different kettle of fish though, and they've got their show down now with the new material.

Yeah that's right too. Odd placement when it should've been the other way round. I must admit I wasn't as in to TI as I am now, so maybe that skewed my enjoyment too.

I hope they're announced, thoroughly enjoyed Manchester.

Finsbury Park was definitely an odd one, them on the bill swung my decision to go but as you say he was really ill and they just didn't suit the surroundings, felt the big stage kind of washed them and the sound out and I don't think half the crowd were bothered/knew about them. But Ally Pally was a mesmerising show, everything about it was perfect 

I seen Tame Impala at Manchester Arena earlier this year and was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. The fact everyone who was there was there to see them & the fact it was in an arena definitely helped, but if they appear on this years glasto line up it will make my festival! Will definitely put them before any band on the line up currently that's for sure.

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

That fella has previous playful trolling history though. Dont get your hopes up. Those two things very VERY rarely yeild positive results. 

Oh I totally don't trust them, but if we're holding out hope on the today thing may as well use the full info!