Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Thats very interesting; I've just started (2 months in) to work embedded systems module at uni, we've been told by our lecturer that the 0's can be dropped to only store from the most significant bit (? The first 1 as he put it ?) in an effort to increase the efficiency of the retrieval of data.

I shall put this to him on Thursday and see what he has to say! 

Trust what @eastynh says over me. He knows this subject better than I do. If he says I'm wrong, I probably am!

25 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

getting a bit tiresome now, forget end of april its only half a month till june and we still dont know a fair amount of the lineup let alone any useful info to start an accurate clashfinder. 

I agree, though it's still better than it was last year.

I guess it has become a bit exhausting the past week or so. They're fine to do it however they like, but the all round line up discussion is at a relatively low point now we've dissected the poster relentlessly and the drip feed of stages has dried up.

I think today is seven weeks since the poster dropped; last year the line up came out seven weeks after the poster and the year before was six weeks and six days so pattern fans can look forward to tomorrow. :P

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I guess it has become a bit exhausting the past week or so. They're fine to do it however they like, but the all round line up discussion is at a relatively low point now we've dissected the poster relentlessly and the drip feed of stages has dried up.

I think today is seven weeks since the poster dropped; last year the line up came out seven weeks after the poster and the year before was six weeks and six days so pattern fans can look forward to tomorrow. :P

I'd love it to be tomorrow but I just think if it was, we'd have been told about it by someone in the know, and we haven't :(

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'd love it to be tomorrow but I just think if it was, we'd have been told about it by someone in the know, and we haven't :(

Yep. It's never a surprise; someone does always warn us.

How long ago was Emily Eavis' 'couple of weeks' thing? Was it last week? I can't find it.

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Hahaha. My apologies for my part in the spectacular de-railing of this thread. 

I am ok with logic and electronics. Long time since I did FPGA and embedded systems though. Thankfully I forgot about that when I left uni, although not as quickly as I tried to forget about control.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Trust what @eastynh says over me. He knows this subject better than I do. If he says I'm wrong, I probably am!

Only one the current part mate, the rest of what you said went right over my head.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Jesus Christ! Now the Manchester School of Science us joining in!

Anything that gets high, i take a passing interest in mate :D

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm liking this school of thought. There must be a reason the stage announcements have dried up somewhat. What with the Shangri-la comments yesterday re their announcements coming over the next few weeks, I think the BIG announcement may actually come this week. Today even! Here's hoping!

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. It's never a surprise; someone does always warn us.

How long ago was Emily Eavis' 'couple of weeks' thing? Was it last week? I can't find it.

It's in the comments of that post.

So does yesterday actually count as an announcement or not? We only actually got 4 names, but they still gave us something. I see it's not on The Thingy™ yet.

They also said they have 'plenty more announcements over the coming weeks...', so it sounds like they're really going to drag this out.

My bet is Glade is will properly announce their's first, this week, then a competition between Arcadia and Shargri La to see who can leave it the latest.