Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They are asking for quotes on facebook, guessing they'll add them to posters or a press release - probably be the end of the week maybe this time next week before they reveal

Well that leaves Croissant Neuf and...erm...The Unfairground?

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Oh sorry - crossed wires there.

Shangri La are very quiet on Twitter. Anyone seen anything on FB from them?

Not much from them tbh - although they have uploaded a Storage Hunters UK vid today. Not sure what the link is there unless I'm missing something!

In the first half of May we got 4 announcements, the first was on the 2nd day of the first half and given that they will do all they can to create a hidden pattern that must mean that the first announcement in the 2nd half of May will be on the 2nd day of the 2nd half.

The 2nd half of May started at noon today and so that means the 2nd day starts at noon on Tuessday. So we are therefore due an announcement on Tuesday afternoon followed by one 2 days later, so Thursday afternoon. 

There was then a gap of three days until the 3rd one, so on Sunday (!!) followed by the last one 3 days after that so Wednesday next week.

Oh, and yes, I do need alcohol, quite urgently.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

In the first half of May we got 4 announcements, the first was on the 2nd day of the first half and given that they will do all they can to create a hidden pattern that must mean that the first announcement in the 2nd half of May will be on the 2nd day of the 2nd half.

The 2nd half of May started at noon today and so that means the 2nd day starts at noon on Wednesday. So we are therefore due an announcement on Wednesday afternoon followed by one 2 days later, so Friday afternoon. 

There was then a gap of three days until the 3rd one, so a week today followed by the last one 3 days after that so Thursday next week.

Surely the second day of the second half starts at noon tomorrow? Or is today the 0th day of the second half?

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The 2nd half of May started at noon today and so that means the 2nd day starts at noon on Wednesday. So we are therefore due an announcement on Wednesday afternoon followed by one 2 days later, so Friday afternoon. 

There was then a gap of three days until the 3rd one, so a week today followed by the last one 3 days after that so Thursday next week.

tipofthehat_zps2f86e05a.gif

I like your style. Surely if we all have enough crazy crackpot highly thought-out and considered theories, one of us is bound to be right eventually.

Edited by big__phil

14 minutes ago, big__phil said:

tipofthehat_zps2f86e05a.gif

I like your style. Surely if we all have enough crazy crackpot highly thought-out and considered theories, one of us is bound to be right eventually.

It would have been so much better had I not cocked up the first bit!! All edited now and my insanity has expanded yet further.

I wonder if it's at all possible that Shangri-La and Glade will be revealed on the big poster, and that we might get said poster this week...:ph34r:

Just finding the length of time from the last announcement a bit odd. 

And yes, I know, #therearenopatterns and #httt

Hopefully it's been taking so long because they're saving up for the full poster.

However chances are they'll announce shangri-la and arcadia together sometime this week, and they'll announce Glade some other time this week and we'll have the full lineup next week.

On 15 May 2016 at 3:38 PM, Anderson19 said:

@bennyhana22 how many bands/acts was it you actually saw last year? I recall we were waiting days on here for you to resurface post festival and when you did there was the story of your mad dash around site seeing as many as possible.

Love that personally don't have the stamina for it myself!

38 apparently (plus multiple random bits and bobs).

I think they should announce the line up as we are all leaving on the Monday and hand us the  stage split and times  booklet on the way out, that way , rather than have a tedious journey home we can spend it scrutinising the line up and cursing all the acts we missed.