Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe unofficial announcements, rumour, conjecture etc.

Isn't that what Efestivals does?

Personally I still think Toad Hall should be on there whether from the main festival office or not. It is still as official as it gets and Arcadia always announce their own as well, never I think done by the main festival office.

Shangri-la have been very quiet this year, at least I've not seen any signs of activity anyway. Maybe they're just going to spring it on us :).

Glade Twitter account is up and active again but they have been for a while.

I think Arcadia will stick to their second half of May thing so who knows? We'll probably get the full thing :D  

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The strapline of TheThingy is Official Glastonbury Announcements so I'm keeping Toad Hall off for now. Although admittedly sone of tge older stuff is things like Guardian leeks lineup.

The smaller bars/stages listed on TheThingy such as Stonebridge Bar and Bourbon Street all had announcements on the official site.

If they do announce I'll add it in. I'm thinking of doing something different with the 3rd page as I'm sure no-one looks at the photos. Maybe unofficial announcements, rumour, conjecture etc.

I'll fully admit I had not noticed the photos page before, despite checking The Thingy quite a few times over the past few weeks. There's some great pics there though! 

I can see the benefits of making The Thingy as complete as possible, but on the other hand keeping it a bit streamlined can also be useful. Perhaps it could be useful to have a 'main Thingy' with only official announcements, and a more detailed 'side Thingy' with unofficial announcements, leaks etc.

19 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I'll fully admit I had not noticed the photos page before, despite checking The Thingy quite a few times over the past few weeks. There's some great pics there though! 

I can see the benefits of making The Thingy as complete as possible, but on the other hand keeping it a bit streamlined can also be useful. Perhaps it could be useful to have a 'main Thingy' with only official announcements, and a more detailed 'side Thingy' with unofficial announcements, leaks etc.

You mean Thingy and Thingy junior?

45 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I only put the photo's on because the freebie website I used comes with a template that has three pages, I couldn't think what else to use the last page for. 

I'm currently thinking that I will leave Toad Hall for now and see what else comes out. Then maybe add something at the end of the list (once the festival is over) saying "These other smaller stages made their own announcements on the following dates"

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I only put the photo's on because the freebie website I used comes with a template that has three pages, I couldn't think what else to use the last page for. 

I'm currently thinking that I will leave Toad Hall for now and see what else comes out. Then maybe add something at the end of the list (once the festival is over) saying "These other smaller stages made their own announcements on the following dates"

Yeah, that would work.

Out of curiosity, is the "official announcements only" rule also the reason the secret resales aren't on The Thingy? Although there was a tweet from GlastoFest when the secret resales started last year I believe.

3 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Yeah, that would work.

Out of curiosity, is the "official announcements only" rule also the reason the secret resales aren't on The Thingy? Although there was a tweet from GlastoFest when the secret resales started last year I believe.

Someone asked me to add the secret sales a while back, it was decided with a combination of not being official announcements and maybe not wanting too many people to know about them (that went well :)), it was best to leave them off.

43 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Seeing Asian Dub Foundation mentioned with Bearded Theory gets me hoping they might appear on the Glade lineup again this year, missed them last time round due to a Primal Scream shaped clash.

Unfortunately their website says they are playing other European festivals on the 24th,25th and 26th so no chance. 

Dreadzone haven't been announced for any of the stages so far, so likely (if they are playing) they will be on at the Glade 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone asked me to add the secret sales a while back, it was decided with a combination of not being official announcements and maybe not wanting too many people to know about them (that went well :)), it was best to leave them off.

Clearly, we need a Secret Thingy! Guarded by a password, or maybe a secret handshake.